• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
They were disgraceful, mate. Mbappe and Neymar not as bad as posters in here would have you think, Cavani was ok as he didn't shy away from responsibility, the rest were invisible. Liverpool on a good day would have steamrolled them. Tuchel also ridiculously clueless.

I'm not seeing it. Liverpool at Anfield in this kind of form are gonna make literally any team look sluggish. Rabiot was their only CM and I thought he did a decent job, but you can't just ignore that they didn't have Verratti. Any team is gonna miss someone as good as Verratti.

Not saying PSG deserve praise, I think the forwards underperformed, but I don't get this idea that they were disgraceful. Us against Bayern a couple of years ago, or us against Palace a couple of years ago, or us against Liverpool last year, or us...you get the idea, now that was disgraceful.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
So you’d swap our recent three FA Cup wins for a CL final loss in Kiev?

You my friend, have issues.
Yes to both.

I enjoyed the first FA Cup win because it had been so long without a trophy but the other two were fairly meh. If you have a team capable of getting to CL finals, you have a team to be proud of. Beating Lincoln and Sutton is not the same as beating Etihad in the CL, home and away.

I like you both but the opinions of a dude with a girl's name and an Irishman who wears white trousers means very little to me.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd rather watch the 8-2 100 times over than ever watch anything related to the 06 CL final it's just too painful. How could anyone even say enduring that is even remotely equal to just one FA Cup victory let alone 3 of them? My mind is completely ****ed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We ****ing beat Man City in the semi-finals in 2017, then beat the Champions in a match that we were given less of a chance of winning than Liverpool were in Kiev. :lol:

I probably celebrated 2017 just as much if not more than 2014 because of how little chance we were given and how brilliant the performance was on the day.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Good win for Liverpool,they were way better for almost whole match.PSG,different season and same problems.Still,they have better chance now,Napoli also looked poor against Red Star.

WilshereGone

I'm not seeing it. Liverpool at Anfield in this kind of form are gonna make literally any team look sluggish. Rabiot was their only CM and I thought he did a decent job, but you can't just ignore that they didn't have Verratti. Any team is gonna miss someone as good as Verratti.

Not saying PSG deserve praise, I think the forwards underperformed, but I don't get this idea that they were disgraceful. Us against Bayern a couple of years ago, or us against Palace a couple of years ago, or us against Liverpool last year, or us...you get the idea, now that was disgraceful.
Agree. Liverpool were the better team but it's not like they were ripping PSG to shreds or anything. A player like Verratti makes a huge difference to a heavy possession based team like that as well.

rich 1990

I'd rather watch the 8-2 100 times over than ever watch anything related to the 06 CL final it's just too painful. How could anyone even say enduring that is even remotely equal to just one FA Cup victory let alone 3 of them? My mind is completely ****ed.
Sometimes when it hurts, it means more.

That's a saying I nicked off GDeep.

rich 1990

You think Liverpool fans will be reliving those Karius errors with smiles on their faces? :lol:
No but they'll remember the run more. I remember beating Real, Juve and Lehmann's pen save in the semi like it was yesterday.

The FA Cup only becomes interesting in the Semis.

rich 1990

FFS rich... ONE FA Cup win is better than any number of CL final loses. A loss is when you lose and losing sucks. A win, meanwhile is when you win and that's a good thing.

Lets' break it down:

Loss = worst result
Win = best result
Well, it's not because if you're getting to numerous CL finals, logic indicates you're probably good enough to win one eventually. Wigan have won the FA Cup and been relegated, same with Portsmouth and we haven't kicked on from winning 3 of the ****ers. If domestic cups come along, fine but progress in the league and CL is what I want and I don't really care what you people think.

1 CL final loss>3 FA Cup wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom