• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Klopp done amazing job with this Liverpool squad to be fair they were like midtable squad many average players but he and his staff were smart about buying players they didn't buy superstars they bought decent players and he improved them. Yes got lucky with Coutinho fee but its not his fault barca are very stupid

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Question for all:

Sp**s/Liverpool win CL and Arsenal win EL
OR
Ajax win CL and Valencia win EL

What do you choose? Tough one ...
It'll be Liverpool Ajax in the final. And Arsenal vs Chelsea. I wish Ajax and Arsenal win it

blaze_of_glory

This burns me more because Liverpool are everything we could be.

Surprised myself by how much I didn’t want them to win as the game went on. By the end I was screaming every time a Barca player lost possession.
It goes in cycles. Was only a few years ago my Liverpool supporting buddy was lamenting how they constantly bungled signings, had a managerial merry go round, etc without ever winning anything. And he was all full of praise for how stable and steady Arsenal were with Wenger in charge, how he'd made our club thrive, etc.

Mohamed7

That opportunity in the first half where he dawdled on the ball was the real chance for him. Should have been tie done and dusted at that moment. Can't blame him on the free kick, it would have taken something incredible to score from that distance again.

Having said that, everything went through him, with him creating several great chances for his teammates who also failed to convert. Just shows how reliant they are on him. Their other "stars" in Suarez and Coutinho were non-existent. The usually reliable Alba made Mustafi's full back performances look Maldini-esque.

Completely agreed with your post.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Question for all:

Sp**s/Liverpool win CL and Arsenal win EL
OR
Ajax win CL and Valencia win EL

What do you choose? Tough one ...
As much as I love seeing our rivals fail, I'd have to put our success before their failure with a few exceptions.

I think I could stomach Liverpool winning the CL if we win the EL (I already expect them to win it now). Plus it's the Mancs who'll receive the brunt of the pain.

Sp**s winning the CL before us would be an absolute nightmare scenario though, as in there will be mass suicides and mayhem among the Gooner fanbase level catastrophic, can't have that happening.

Obviously, ideal scenario is Ajax winning the CL while we win the EL.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's a myth we have "no money" when we've been spunking £80m on Xhaka and Mustafi combined.

Then there's the fact that Klopp' s players no matter who they are would walk through brick walls for him.
No doubt we've wasted money and I'm sure Welbeck, Xhaka and Mustafi were Gazidis buys that haven't really worked out for us.That doesn't change the fact that we have a lot of unwanted by anyone players. Klopp has built a team on youth and good sales. Only Ox has fetched his actual market value. Building Emirates during the recession, selling the Highbury development at an undervalue, depressed player sales,overpayment of mediocre players like Walcott because we couldn't afford a proper upgrade,locked into low value contracts with Fly Emirates and Gazidus commercial failure over a ten year period means we really don't have as much money as we actually need.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If Ajax win the CL I'm heading to the Dam and blowing all my savings on booze, weed and hookers over there. I've got a decent bit saved up so the women in the red light distract will be very happy.
If Ajax win the CL you’d best try to put it in your hotel keyhole because there won’t be a hooker able to stand for a month.

Top Quality

Unreal from Liverpool. They won 4-0 against a great Barcelona team and somehow deserved it... I watched the game in a Catalunyan bar in Berlin and as the game went on the atmosphere went from confidence, to nervousness to despair - but then at the final whistle, everyone accepted defeat and accepted that Liverpool deserved it.

We can only hope that we will get to that level in a couple of years.

(And that Ajax win in the final.)

sammy89

Don't worry lads Arsenal will reign supreme again It’s a mathematical certainty. But getting over the horizon is years away

Well done Liverpool.

This is some stupid ass entitled thinking. It is very possible for a big club to sink into perpetual mediocrity. There is nothing mathematical about getting back to the top, this isn't American sports where the non performing clubs get a transfer boost and there's no relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom