• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The most Liverpool thing that can happen now is for them to play against Ajax in the final and bottle it again. :lol:
Let's hope it's Ajax in the final, because if the **** reach it, you know we'll never hear the end of it, even if they lose.

I don't even wish to consider the possibility. I won't be able to watch. I can't even watch them play in the semifinal, even though I've been on the Ajax bandwagon for awhile.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I am sorry but I cannot disagree with you more. With the exceptions of Van Dijk and Allison, all the other players they have bought in recent years are within our price range, including Suarez, Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino, and Robertson.

And if things don't work out and when their players want out, they managed to get good money out of their assets (Suarez and Coutinho). While we decide to leave 60m on the table for Alexis, and got absolutely nothing in return for Welbeck and Ramsey.

This is textbox financial mismanagement. At the end of the day, we got exactly we deserved. 5th place and hoping our domestic rivals to mess up so we can don't feel not as bad about ourselves.

Liverpool was only able to afford Van Dijk and Alisson because Barcelona paid them stupid money for Coutinho (a decision which came back to bite them in the ass today). With better financial management and a similar opportunistically timed sale, Arsenal could have afforded them too. Hopefully with Ivan gone Arsenal will be better in this area.

Polar Bear

Hope this teaches us not to turn our noses up for some talents from lower teams or solid 7/10 perfomers like Milner.

Recently, Liverpool have done grand in the transfer market both at selling and spending their money.

A good mix of safe bets (transfer value wise) and high profile signings.

It also points that Emery, while a decent manager, will not take us forward.
Very true, I said at the time that we should try and get Milner when City were letting him go, but everyone said to me not good enough on here. They just wanted foreign players that have never played in this league that they seen in youtube.

Milner is a very solid player and has energy and cardio for days. Also can play in many positions. Opportunity lost in my opinion at the time..

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We should have some money to spend this summer from the Adidas deal and considering we're letting go of almost half of our squad.

That is correct. Arsenal has been getting £30 million per season from Puma. Apparently the Adidas deal is £60 million per season over five years. So that's £30 million extra right there. On top of that, Emirates has bumped their shirt sponsorship from £30 million to £40 million. Between the two, Arsenal should have an extra £40 million in sponsorship money with which to work. Factor in the wages opening up -- and hopefully a return to the Champions League -- and there should be plenty to spend.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Messi's facial expression after the fourth goal was priceless. I've never seen him like that before. Just absolute dumbfuckery about the situation, he couldn't believe it.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Messi's facial expression after the fourth goal was priceless. I've never seen him like that before. Just absolute dumbfuckery about the situation, he couldn't believe it.
When you go from having the tie and pretty much the CL trophy in the sack to going home empty handed, that's the expression you're left with.
It's the PSG tie all over again, but now it happened to Barca.

Ashybashy86

Every player looks quite better with good manager.
It makes me laugh when people say there’s nothing Emery could do with average players. Well, no sh*t! Top managers can make average players look good, and average managers are made to look good by top players. Unfortunately for him, he’s average with average players.

Polar Bear

I have been so critical of us not buying prem players, always buying players from foreign clubs that never played in the prem and to be honest we don't have a clue if they are any good. You can sign players from abroad but I really think its important we also sign players in the prem

Liverpool have done this perfectly.. Milner, Robertson, Van Dijk, Henderson, Lallana, Ox, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Lovren, Mane, Wijnaldum , among others.

They do it on purpose, look to get guys from the prem.. and we don't do this, its always some random youtube player like Seri we want, who we don't have a clue about and could be garbage or a find LOL.

Token Yank

This Liverpool team really bothers me for some reason. Maybe it’s their insane intensity that ends up paying off but I feel they are super lucky. Salah and Fabinho are total pricks diving at every chance, and in Fabinho’s case hacking everyone in sight. I’ve never seen anything like that corner before, weird ****.

Gegen Pressing

Milner is a very solid player and has energy and cardio for days. Also can play in many positions. Opportunity lost in my opinion at the time..

Emery would let go of Milner on a free in last january window!

Now that Sven Mislintat is gone, we shall concentrate our scouting on some Barca B snowflakes, much to the amusement of the Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom