• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’m worried AMN might be deployed as a CM and we have that sh*te 4-4-2 with Nelson and Martinelli up front.
AMN at CM is fine for me but I wouldnt want a 442 like that. Although...........Nelson playing 2nd striker - a position he is arguably most comfy with as he would see a lot of the ball as long as his role is quite free - with Martinelli ahead sounds very intriguing.......

OK. Now I want to see it. Even though the structure is gonna suck if it's a diamond.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Did it ever get clear what Özil said to Emery when being subbed in the EL final? Did he really said "You are not a coach!"?

Kingofthebongo

Whether you're pro or anti Özil/Emery can we stop discussing the obvious for like 10 pages? He's obviously being frozen out for better or for worse.
Once again most of you extremist/jihadis willing to die for whichever and whatever cause you swear by are probably only half right, the truth is most likely in the middle somewhere.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
well that what big clubs do it's his fault he staying here.

No, it's our fault for giving him a fat contract, he's fully within his rights to stay at the club.

And maybe, here's a novel idea, since his value will continue to get lower as he's not played, maybe put him in on the EL games so he can show some of his qualities and get people interested?

Worst case scenario he doesn't play well, Emery will look good for dropping him for the league games.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Unai is treating the exciting youths well at this club, credit to him for that.

In before "itS alL FreEddieS w0rk, UnaI diDnt evEn knOW Robbie Burton"

nicky47

Established Member
i think the club would have forced to play Özil in some games but looks like they are with him. it's sad situation because he was big player but the contract we offered to him was big mistake.
Agreed. As much as people are blaming Unai for Özil not playing, it seems the club (Raul etc) are backing the decision. Sad to see this, but I think his contract is playing the biggest factor.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of tonights players. Bellerin, Tierny and Martinelli inparticular. COYG.

Toast

Established Member
What's going on with that midfield? Are we finally seeing Toreira at 6 with two number 8s?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
What worse than having a player on too much wage that doesnt want to leave?

Not playing him and having all that money go to waste..

So you blaming Özil for accepting a pay rise a then no being played? What if he wants to play for us but he is not getting the chance?

You cannot take the pay from someone only because you are not playing him. It’s not players fault.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
No, it's our fault for giving him a fat contract, he's fully within his rights to stay at the club.

And maybe this is a novel idea, since his value will continue to get lower as he's not played, maybe put him in on the EL games so he can show some of his qualities and get people interested?

Worst case scenario he doesn't play well, Emery will look good for dropping him for the league games.

Its more like, if özil wants to play football. Go somewhere else. Its not like he is hostage here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Unai is treating the exciting youths well at this club, credit to him for that.

In before "itS alL FreEddieS w0rk, UnaI diDnt evEn knOW Robbie Burton"

Maybe because that exactly why they brough Freddie's as assistant manager? They were his players last year and the club - not Emery - wanted him to be promoted so he could bridge the youth and first teams?

hmmmmm

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
what strange for me is Emery did put Özil as one of his 5 captains always speaking highly of him in press-conference but things getting worse.

if it was like Pogba with Mourinho it would have been more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom