• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UK Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2018

If you could only sign one player on DD, what position would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Again dude I just want us to get CL football again and then bring in a proper CB, there's no centre half around atm that would join us without CL football that improves us to the extent that you want.

It isn't as easy as saying we should've just gone and got Boateng, I would've loved something like that, or a Pavard and sell Chambers/Holding. These players do not want to join us without CL football. They have better offers.

We wait until CL football comes then we go hard for a CB who improves us not a CB that moves us ever more sideways.

To get CL football you need to improve your defence. Which we haven't. That's mainly what ruined our season last year. Especially away from home.

I'm pretty happy with our summer so far but very frustrated at the same time because I really think we're one CB short to really compete for the top 4.
I don't understand why a club such as Arsenal is ready to gamble the whole season for a 20/30M/40M signing.

Every time we've made such a bet it has backfired on us. Don't you remember when we didn't want to buy a CB a few years ago then Per and Gabriel got both injured and we panicked and had to buy Mustafi for a premium fee?
Don't you remember when we've bought Gabriel in January because we've needed another CB that we haven't bought the previous summer?

Chances are we will need one in January because we don't have good enough cb in the squad and Koscielny might not come back.
But there is a lot less choices in January transfer window and it's much more expensive.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Guess to make it fair for the teams playing tomorrow.
well all the players who going to sign today no way they'll play in weekend because little time to prepare. PL f**ked up hard this season starting the season early and close the transfer window early too they should've started the league in 18 of august and closed the transfer market a day before.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Seem neither Sp**s or manutd going to buy players. Manutd fans not really happy.

We've been waiting for this m*dness to happen but maybe it just won't. Biggest m*dness might have been the Courtois/Kepa deal.
Defensively we'll be worry because they were the main reason we finished 6

I agree it's a big worry, but you also have to have some faith in the power of coaching.

An extreme example would be Burnley last year. Their defence conceded so few goals, it was really very remarkable. They didn't defend so well because individually they had great defenders, they were decent, but because of Dyche's coaching. If Mark Hughes was coaching that exact same squad they'd have been in a relegation fight.

I've no idea how big an effect Emery will have, but i'm confident our defence will improve simply through better coaching. There's a limit to how far that can take you, it can't turn water into wine. But as long as there's a marked improvement that will be ok for the first season.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Why sign ANOTHER CB for 20 million? Do you have absolutely no faith in Mavropanos, Holding or Mustafi? Or no faith in Emery getting the best out of them? We want players like Mavropanos to get game time, he's such a bright young talent why kill him off by signing another CB that will just be a waste of money.
Why would you give a greenhorn like Mavro game time and loan out an experienced player like Chambers, who can also cover at RB?
I'm extremely happy with our transfer dealings. The only gap in the squad is a proper left winger, that will be addressed next summer no doubt.
We're still fragile in defense. I've never rated Holding and don't think he's gonna make it here long term, Mavro is inexperienced and will definitely cost us points if he plays in important matches and Mustafi is still an enigma, who might have a good/great game or make a complete mess of it.
Sokratis will need a few months to get into the rhythm of the PL, so we're on shaky ground.
Kola and Bellerin are very suspect when defending and the second one offers pretty much nothing during a game on both fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom