• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
one thing I really like about Emery process is that even if we bin him after 2,3 seasons, he will help us change this team to a more modern one, energetic and athletic, making it easier for the next coach. still, think we'll offer him a new contract when the time comes

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Emery has always been that kind of coach. We obviously need quality players, but have to hope he doesn’t tinker too much.
I love Arsène but for me that sums up why he failed in the later years.

The club & Arsène never accepted the position as underdog. We cant afford the top players unless everyone else has passed. Trying to fit in niche positions like deep lying playmakers & traditional numbers tens was fanciful then and still is today.

I cant believe Emery is still starting Xhaka & Özil in the same team... & now with two ****ing strikers as well!

The day we accept our position as an underdog is day one of the new Arsenal & start of progression. Oil clubs killed the model.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wenger's performance was more impressive to me. La Liga is usually a two horse race, and we know who those two horses are. After that it drops off. If Wenger could've managed us in the EL against Emery with those squads, then Emery wouldn't have won any EL titles.

This also highlights how much he **** the bed at PSG. Europa merchant.

I don't find Emery impressive. I'll support him because I support Arsenal. But I don't have high expectations, his track record speaks for itself. Europa titles here we come! And just to be clear, I'd love to win a Europa - getting a European championship would be great, but I don't want to be playing in the EL year after year after year.
I’m not trying to convince you to rate Emery, but he’s done some good work in his career previously. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be a success at Arsenal of course but he has more of a claim to a big job than some of the names that were mentioned as possible Wenger replacements.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He's been banking on Europa since April began. It started with resting Xhaka/Ramsey/Torreira against Everton and then rotating again in the Palace game. He better win it now.

The mantra "Europa or bust" has taken on greater meaning for him after today as it could well be the making or breaking of him at Arsenal.

He'd better hope his last chancers triumph in Baku or he'll need to polish his CV a lot sooner than he expected.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There's questions about the squad and the owner to be sure but any manager who bottles it the way this guy has the last 4 matches needs to be looking in a mirror. You cannot be in pole position for a top 4 place, enter 4 straight PL matches with the superior squad in each and come out of it with 1 point. It's almost unfathomably bad even given our recent struggles at the tale end for Wenger. If he doesn't win the Europa league in a couple of weeks it's on him. Yes the players are at fault as well but ultimately the manager's job is to get results and when you have 4 opportunities to pick up 3 points against managers with inferior(sometimes vastly so) talent at their disposal and you fail all 4 times then it is a grave problem.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I’m not trying to convince you to rate Emery, but he’s done some good work in his career previously. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be a success at Arsenal of course but he has more of a claim to a big job than some of the names that were mentioned as possible Wenger replacements.
Experience is an important consideration but it isn't always needed.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
one thing I really like about Emery process is that even if we bin him after 2,3 seasons, he will help us change this team to a more modern one, energetic and athletic, making it easier for the next coach. still, think we'll offer him a new contract when the time comes
Not if he failed to get us CL football next season I don't think we'll offer him new contract

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It was probably mentioned already, but the triple substitution was a monumentally stupid move.
We were all over them, had few chances and you could feel the goal is really close.

Then the substitutions were truly baffling. First it killed the momentum as it took over a minute for all 3 to get on, then as much as he was at fault for goal, Mkhi was making good passes and was lively and so was Xhaka. Then comes Iwobi and Guendouzi who slowed our game down.

I hate that Emery goes in with a mentality that we should be afraid from the likes of Brighton. It makes us look a midtable team that really struggles to break teams who defend deep.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

The club & Arsène never accepted the position as underdog. We cant afford the top players unless everyone else has passed. Trying to fit in niche positions like deep lying playmakers & traditional numbers tens was fanciful then and still is today.

I cant believe Emery is still starting Xhaka & Özil in the same team... & now with two ****ing strikers as well!
That quote applies more to Guardiola and his tinkering in the CL tbh

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The day we accept our position as an underdog is day one of the new Arsenal & start of progression. Oil clubs killed the model.
He did accept our position as underdog. He was content with 4th. If he was really trying to win the title he wouldn't have persisted with dreadful players and played roulette with contracts the way he did. I think it was the acceptance of being the underdog that lead to his increasingly less pragmatic approach and focusing more on trying to entertain than actually build on the grit that wins you titles in England.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I'm in a bit of a panic thinking about us potentially loosing to Chelsea in the final. Imagine? They already got top 4, but also stop us by winning against us in the Europa League.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm in a bit of a panic thinking about us potentially loosing to Chelsea in the final. Imagine? They already got top 4, but also stop us by winning against us in the Europa League.
Valencia banged in six this afternoon... :confused:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We are only going to finish with a 10 point difference between us and Wolves. It's going to be really peachy to see them spend another 100mil in the market and close the gap while Emery will still be ****ting his pants against cannon fodder playing mostly the same squad as this season because he only had a 40mil budget.

Polar Bear

Hasn't improved us, everything is the same in my opinion. Its beyond frustrating. Defence is as bad as ever.

His big remit when he took the job was he said he will improve the players we have and get the most out of them, thats exactly what he said at the time, but we have to really look and say have the players that played the previous seasons really got any better?

Cech - can't say because he never really plays.

Mustafi - just as bad and error prone as before.

Kos - same as Wenger era, some good games and many poor games.

Monreal - I actually think he has got worse, was more consistent under Wenger.

Bellerin - can 't really say as he has been injured for majority.

Maitland-Niles - Yes he has improved, you can clearly see he has got better. I'll give Emery that one.

Xhaxa - As useless as ever, always giving the ball away.

Elneny - **** under both managers.

Özil - same as previous seasons, shows up 5% of the time, 95% ghost. no improvement.

Mkhi - Looks as bad as ever, certainly not improved. Awful player.

Iwobi - same headless chicken, had few little spells under Emery, but also had few little spells under Wenger, but rest of the time does the same garbage.

Ramsey - Great under both.

Lacazette - I think he has improved under Emery, he works harder now and is more lethal, I'll give Emery a improvement on that.

Auba - He didn't really play long under Wenger, so can't say if he has been improved or not.

Kolasnic - Got worse, no improvement, gone backwards.

So this HUGE improvement of our players has not happened, and yes thats what he said when he got the job, he would improve the players we have and get the very best out of them. Seems like a failed job role for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom