• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Will never come close to getting top 3 with him because he’s tactically inferior to klopp, pep, and poch. I mean he’s not even on the same planet with them and plays mindnumbingly boring football to boot. I think he’ll be sacked at the end of the year or walk away but we shall see. Not a fan of his at all.
He literally finished 2 points off 3rd and 1 point behind Poch last season despite a month of relegation form?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Will never come close to getting top 3 with him because he’s tactically inferior to klopp, pep, and poch. I mean he’s not even on the same planet with them and plays mindnumbingly boring football to boot. I think he’ll be sacked at the end of the year or walk away but we shall see. Not a fan of his at all.

I only posted the other day that being beaten at home by Brighton cost us a PL spot. If we had beaten them we would have finished 3rd, 1pt ahead of Chelsea.

It will be interesting to follow Emerys growth this season! I have given the man hard time but it is all about the growth. The people have got together a decent squad of youth players you can root for, and although I don't rate last two transfer windows that much, this transfer window because of the terrible CB purchase I think we get through this season by developing some of our talents and then fix the CB situation next summer!

I'm backing Emery to good things this season but as I said when he took over he needed two years to get the project going. We need to give him a contract, 3-4 years now and see what he can do with that time!

Makes no sense to me to sack him after the season no matter what happens when these two season will just have been adjusting period after Wenger left and you can't expect any manager to do anything with that time. He deserve 3-4 years from now on to show what he can do.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It will be interesting to follow Emerys growth this season! I have given the man hard time but it is all about the growth. The people have got together a decent squad of youth players you can root for, and although I don't rate last two transfer windows that much, this transfer window because of the terrible CB purchase I think we get through this season by developing some of our talents and then fix the CB situation next summer!

I'm backing Emery to good things this season but as I said when he took over he needed two years to get the project going. We need to give him a contract, 3-4 years now and see what he can do with that time!

Makes no sense to me to sack him after the season no matter what happens when these two season will just have been adjusting period after Wenger left and you can't expect any manager to do anything with that time. He deserve 3-4 years from now on to show what he can do.

His job should be on the line if he fails to get top 4 imo.

Chelsea and United are the weakest I have seen in years.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm hoping it was his idea to bring Freddie in as his number two, to provide an extra layer of communication with the players, especially the youngsters

I suspect his new ideas and lack of English was a bit too much for some players, especially those who had served under Wenger for some years, but the revised set up looks promising, though too late for Kos, and the English is noticably improving

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Haven't followed transfers much but how much stronger are Sp**s.

I think, it's hard to say really but they have a good window. Ndombele is a great addition and Lo Celso is very highly rated.

In my opinion we had a CL window while being in the Europa league so in terms of what was expected we had the better window.

I think they will finish 3rd, but if our team gels the why I think it could we definitely have a chance to finish above them.

No excuses for 4th tho.

I like to believe in more patience and more chances. I've given Emery a hard time but I really don't believe you can show your very best in 2 years after taking over from a manager who was here for 20 years. It was rough last year and might be the same this year.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

This season Emery has to show he has what it takes to be a manager for a huge club like ours. He has to deliver or it is goodbye, no room for sentiments.

You are entitled not to rate Emery if you wish but there is no need to make up stuff or go into super hyperbole. "Not even in the same league as Poch...". So is that why Emery has 3 trophies (I have excluded his trophies at PSG) and Poch has zero?. "He's tactically inferior to Poch..". So much tactically inferior that he managed to outsmart him in the 2 head to heads games in the league. Finshing a single point behind this outer planet, tactically superior manager, with a vastly inferior squad. Mainly thanks to Vertonghen cheating (his encroachment on the penalty).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I like to believe in more patience and more chances. I've given Emery a hard time but I really don't believe you can show your very best in 2 years after taking over from a manager who was here for 20 years. It was rough last year and might be the same this year.

Of course I hope we give him time, and last year I did think we got unlucky in terms of having 3 key players out for the season that stopped us mostly from getting top 4.

But there is a reason he's been given a two year contract. He's been backed this summer heavily, knows the players and the league much better and has two teams that are fighting for top 4 in a very weak position.

I really like Emery and I'd be very very surprised if he didn't get us top 4, which is why it'd be a massive cause for concern if he didn't.

Of course I hope we give him time, and last year I did think we got unlucky in terms of having 3 key players out for the season that stopped us mostly from getting top 4.

But there is a reason he's been given a two year contract. He's been backed this summer heavily, knows the players and the league much better and has two teams that are fighting for top 4 in a very weak position.

I really like Emery and I'd be very very surprised if he didn't get us top 4, which is why it'd be a massive cause for concern if he didn't.

Even if he got backing this and last summer I still think with our finical funding it take more than two season to complete the squad the manager wants.

I hope we manage top4 this season and I think we should. But it will be a brave and IMO correct decision to extend Emery contract no matter what. At least for 1-2 more years although I like the idea of 3-4 years more!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Haven't followed transfers much but how much stronger are Sp**s.

They have strengthened significantly. Like all tranfers though, we won't really know how the new players will settle in. They also have a very settled team. This will be Pochettino's 6th season. So they have a clear way of playing.

Taking all that into account they should really be clear favourites for 3rd and even be challenging for the title. Knowing Sp**s it would be typical for them to challenge for the title up to a certain point and then inexplicably collapse.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Even if he got backing this and last summer I still think with our finical funding it take more than two season to complete the squad the manager wants.

I hope we manage top4 this season and I think we should. But it will be a brave and IMO correct decision to extend Emery contract no matter what. At least for 1-2 more years although I like the idea of 3-4 years more!

I do tend to agree but as I said, I'd be worried with the team we have if we didn't get top 4.

It all depends on what was agreed with the board and Unai before he signed, a lot people think he's short term but imo with everything that's been said he's here for the long haul and I don't mind that unless we see some very worrying signs this season.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

giphy.gif

say yes

forum master baiter

Don’t think that’s the best test: among other things, we need to see how Chelsea and United actually do first. I would be much happier with the manager if we finished 5th with 80+ points than 4th with 63, for example.

What I’m hoping for / expecting from Emery is simply an improvement from last year, in all aspects of the game. I want more points, better performances away from home, a stronger defence, increased fluidity in our attacking game and, preferably, the increased integration of youth.

Probably a more demanding set of expectations than yours, and a lot less arbitrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom