• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
**** me look how uncomfortable they all sit there, like they are back in school. They should really stop having anyone who's ever played football have a say. They are clueless compared to seasoned managers. Mourinho will have a job again in no time if he continues showing how much he knows on TV like that.

There is no disputing that Mourinho has huge knowledge and knows the game inside out. Where he falls down is with his attitude and God like status that he attaches to himself. He falls out with players and club members wherever he goes, that cant be fixed and will continue at his next club.

every little thing

There is no disputing that Mourinho has huge knowledge and knows the game inside out. Where he falls down is with his attitude and God like status that he attaches to himself. He falls out with players and club members wherever he goes, that cant be fixed and will continue at his next club.

he is a changing man...he spoke in the previous interview and i think he learnt from the mistake

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I can’t believe this guy called out a 19 year old for some poor performances but defended Xhaka for literally costing us 2 points and to throw salt at the wound he puts on Mkhi who is literally on the plane to Rome as I type this.
I just don’t get the Mkhi sub. Sánchez was physically finished. All Emery had to do was put on a tricky winger on the left and tell him to run at him. Instead he puts on Mkhi who goes on to have arguably the worse cameo I’ve ever see. Yes it was worse than that Eboue one.

Hartson67

He slowly dismantles the morale wherever he goes, and eventually leaves the club in pieces. He might have learned from his mistakes but I seriously doubt it.

Not worth the risk.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Individual mistakes cost us again otherwise we played decent football.

Apart from Xhaka, the shape of the team was great. We’re one CB and a CM away from challenging. We’re progressing under Emery.
We are progressing under Raul who did great so far. You could pick League 2 manager who would have the same results as Emery

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We are progressing under Raul who did great so far. You could pick League 2 manager who would have the same results as Emery

I beg to differ.

Wenger left the Club in total disarray and we looked destined to be in a free fall mode.

Emery managed to stir the ship on the field while Don Raul cleaned the rot left by that Bold fraud.

Progress.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I beg to differ.

Wenger left the Club in total disarray and we looked destined to be in a free fall mode.

Emery managed to stir the ship on the field while Don Raul cleaned the rot left by that Bold fraud.

Progress.
I will agree with 50%. Raul cleared the rot left by them, but Emery didn't improve anything. Shaky defence, regular hammering by stronger teams, failed in crucial parts of the season with stronger team available.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Yep, our points progress is down to the transfers we have made, not Emery's work. And yet he still somehow managed to make us worse defensively than in the late Wenger's years.
We have gone backwards under Emery.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I will agree with 50%. Raul cleared the rot left by them, but Emery didn't improve anything. Shaky defence, regular hammering by stronger teams, failed in crucial parts of the season with stronger team available.

Stronger team available? Emery had to endure without his best CB and RB for the majority of the season mind you. Apart from Leno and a 19 years old kid from League 2 the core of the squad was Wenger’s. And he did much better in his first season agains all odds. Before the season everyone predicted Arsenal will be the weakest of the top 6th and had no chance of top 4.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah I agree, would never want him at Arsenal. Won't lie though, it would be very satisfying to hear him moan about Xhaka openly to the press. I guess what Emery does is better, doesn't throw them openly under the bus, but behind the scenes they are being moved on. Hope Xhaka is next.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
tenor.gif

say yes

forum master baiter
Can’t believe anyone would seriously want Mourinho here. He’s finished at the top level and is as un-Arsenal a manager as you could find.

If we’re going to replace Emery at the end of the season (and let’s see how he actually does first ffs), then there are way more interesting options. We can afford to take more of a risk this time imo, now that we’ve stabilised the ship.

Guys like Nangelsman, Favre, Rodgers and Howe should all be serious contenders if they have good seasons. Allegri could also be available if we want to go for a more pragmatic approach. Arteta a stronger candidate this time too.

But we’re a long long way from having to make a decision about these kind of things.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
And we weren't a lot better last season. Leno & Torreira (and Soktratis a little bit) gave us that 7 points boost.

Torreira was a non factor past January, Sokratis and Leno had blunders that also cost us points. As I said the only significant improvement was Leno and that is not saying much because Cech was piss poor previous season so the benchmark was very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom