• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Nobody is cracking the top two this season, agreed?

Therefore, we are currently second in “the real grass roots Premiership mini league”

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Things he did right:

Played Chambers ahead of AMN
Played Saka and kept him on for most of the game

Things he did wrong:

Played Torreira out of position and he was horrendous
Started his love child Xhaka
Didn't start Willock who has been good every time he's played
Tierney should have been a sub, 20 mins wouldn't have hurt him.

I still don't want to hear Emery out because we are not Chelsea or Utd but I concede he is not doing himself any favours with his selection and game plan. My biggest issue is his love for Xhaka, the fact that so many fans disagree with him is one reason that so many fans want him out.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I don't think he's producing the good performance or results wise. He's not good enough to lead this great club in my opinion.

However he has until the end of November to fix it in my book.

The season doesn't end in November.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Things he did right:

Things he did wrong:

I still don't want to hear Emery out because we are not Chelsea or Utd but I concede he is not doing himself any favours with his selection and game plan. My biggest issue is his love for Xhaka, the fact that so many fans disagree with him is one reason that so many fans want him out.
The thought may be let's not lose this game. It's a negative thought for sure but a point at Old Trafford is still decent, historically speaking.

Emery is a care taker. I've excepted it and I feel much better for it.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Just added some context, it's not all doom and gloom imo
Sure it‘s not all doom and gloom, but we don‘t want things to go there in the first place. Let‘s be proactive for once instead of waiting until things go to complete sh*t.

Everyone can see he‘s not the guy, delaying the decision does nothing but harm us in the long term.

teamsoutheast

This guy is only playing youth because Raul sold his favourites. No doubt in my mind he would have started Mkhi over Saka if he had the chance. People are praising a fish for swimming of course he will use youth when your squad is filled with youth. Doesn’t mean he actually wants to do it.

Just you wait, when Tierney is fit, he is gonna start Tierney left back and Kolasinac left wing at the next big game. Trust me, I know a coward when I see one.

Whata loada rubbish.

teamsoutheast

Things he did right:

Things he did wrong:

I agree with you on Willock. He has done nothing wrong everytime he has played so deserved to start. Xhaka has to play as he's our captain. I also agree Xhaka and Torreira cannot play together. It's either him OR Xhaka not both as this limits us offensively and in linking play with the attack. Tierney is just coming back from injury so needs to be eased back in, not rushed.

teamsoutheast

The only positive I see is he’s now telling lies about the game we all saw, the performance we see in front of our own eyes. He’s sugarcoating it and sooner or later that always catches up with a manager.

In recent years we have gone to OT and lost, sometimes not even looking competitive. We went there last season and got a well earned point. Again, this season we got another well earned point and could have won if Saka put away his chance and Guendouzi scored in the 1st half but for a great save from De Gea.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We're 4th for cying out loud!!!
Lol how did that happen?

Our next 9 games:
3y5mhq.jpg

We should be clinching 4th place in december ffs please don't mess this up Emery.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

In recent years we have gone to OT and lost, sometimes not even looking competitive. We went there last season and got a well earned point. Again, this season we got another well earned point and could have won if Saka put away his chance and Guendouzi scored in the 1st half but for a great save from De Gea.
Well earned point is ****, United are losing to the likes of palace and west ham, take the game to them and win confidently instead of trying to fluke it with an Auba master class.

Easiest top 4 race ever this year and this bum of a manager makes it into a dog fight with his negative tactics.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I don’t like how he sets up our midfield and the roles he gives to players. I can understand the idea of Torreira as the most progressive CM, there were a couple of instances in the first half where he stormed a Utd player in his half, got the ball back and quickly released it to an offensive player, unfortunately nothing came out of it.

It seems to me Emery sees his midfield as a means to destabilise opponent and break their shape but it just doesn’t work and I’m intrigued to see how long he persists with it. The by product of this is we have no creativity through the middle and are highly dependant on our FB to overlap and create or try to break when out midfield forces an error from an opponent.

I still maintain we’ll see a much better version of what he wants when Bellerin and Tierney are back, fullbacks are just so integral for his system to work. Getting Holding and Laca back will help as well. Especially with Lacazette we’re lacking that extra hussle in the middle he sometimes provide when tracking back. That’s why I think he’ll always start through the middle with Auba on the left.

The football is not easy on the eye but it’s to be expected, we’re in a transition period and it’s all about grinding the points and getting back to top4. After that I’m not sure if Emery is the right man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom