• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippyhippy

I know this will sound bad but i hope we don't get into the champions league next this season. Emery is not the guy to take us forward and him getting into top 4 means he will be given more seasons. Europa in fact has been the only source of optimism. The only reason we played decent attacking footabll in the beginning of last year was because emery was riding on the attacking freedom mindset wenger had given to the players. That isn't to say however wenger was the answer however. Once he coached that out of the players it has been sh ite since march onwards. He is digging his own grave playing xhaka and sokratis and hopefully the scrutiny and pressure will lead to him changing things up.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is the first time I’ve seen the logic in sacking a manager who isn’t getting a team relegated.

At this stage you’re 90% confident that he’s not going to improve us. Keep him until someone good is available and sack him ASAP.

Why does he make our dangerous wide players tuck in so that our fullbacks end up in 1v1s or lots of space. What kind of man decides he wants Chambers in a 1v1 instead of Pepe?

zilfy

Get back into CL this season and Emery's job is secure for the next two seasons IMO. Even if we crash out in the RO16 next year, the thought process will be to let him finish out the season to see if he can get us into the CL for 2021. Then in 2021, he will dine out on the fact that he got us into the top 4 once and could do it again
His extension would be a symbol of our board's lack of ambition. Sarri got chelsea top 4 and they still got rid of him cos they could tell it wouldn't go further than that and that reaching top4 is not the achievement it has been in recent years

We need the same thought process- under emery we'll be always battling for top4. And imagine this team stretched thin with champions league football!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
The amount of times he's played 3 dms against rubbish opposition says it all. We register under 10 shots a game as well, we heavily rely on counter attacks. Don't create anything, we can't sustain possession in the final third and thus never dominate opposition. He can't coach an attack (or a defence for that matter). Stop embarrassing yourself, you don't get good fan points for backing the manager for the sake of it btw.
We don’t even defend Receiving more than 30 shots in a game... so we are not a defensive side... but we aren’t an offensive side neither because we create nothing... so basically we are a nothing Team... but you know Emery lovers always have an excuse...

Emery’s tactic of playing at the back is giving the other teams confidence and destroying ours. His defensive triangle of Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka is a dangerous cocktail of lack of composure, lack of discipline and lack of concentration. The midfield lacks balance, creativity and pace. And god knows why Pepe and Saka are starting before Martinelli or why Özil isn’t at least an option from the bench. We’ve been outplayed by Watford, Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd. Emery’s team is ineffective and painful to watch. I think he should be sacked now, there are good coaches available, put Freddie in charge while we consider who to appoint.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The fact that there hasn't been news of his sacking this morning makes the board as culpable for failing to ensure the club meets its singular objective this season which is reaching the CL.

Get rid of him now & let Freddie see us to safe shores before deciding if he merits the post full time or continue on in his current position under a competent manager.

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Who is going to finish above us?
ComplicatedPeskyCopepod-size_restricted.gif

Iceman10

Established Member
His decision to stick with Kolasinac because "he'd done nothing wrong to be dropped" is a microcosm of Emery's failure as a coach here. An absolute lack of appreciation of the best players in the squad, and instead stubbornly sticking with a prejudiced system that's in his head

Is this an actual quote? If so it is hardly consistent with dropping Chambers after the season opener at Newcastle, regardless of whether that was the best thing to do.

Crossing was terrible during the match and would clearly have been much better with a FB better than just solid. Anyway, if that is an actual quote of Emery then that would be very poor, and kind of confirms there were no minor injury/fitness issues stopping Tierney from being given the start.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Is this an actual quote? If so it is hardly consistent with dropping Chambers after the season opener at Newcastle, regardless of whether that was the best thing to do.

Crossing was terrible during the match and would clearly have been much better with a FB better than just solid. Anyway, if that is an actual quote of Emery then that would be very poor, and kind of confirms there were no minor injury/fitness issues stopping Tierney from being given the start.
I saw it from some journo before the game, I can't find it right now. Anyway this is what Emery said about Tierney. So Tierney is ready to play but you prefer to start Kolasinac even though he came back after playing international football? Doesn't that imply he think Kolasinac is currently a better choice than Tierney?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This is now two seasons in a row where our top 4 competition are in deep trouble. With a semi-decent manager we could have easily made it both last year and this year. It would mean the world of difference to our young ones to mature with that CL standard instead of the EL standard. It is also the difference between buying a guy like David Luiz as a stop gap or filling that position with young quality.

We have all the tools to be one of the most exciting teams in Europe. I am used to the Ajax standard of young players and I am telling you, having Nelson, Willock, Saka, Guendouzi, Martinelli, ESR, Nketiah and Saliba all in, around, or close to the first team is not normal. This is a special group of talents that can save you hundreds of millions down the line. The one thing Emery is doing right is playing them. But it is not enough. We need to make sure we don’t waste their best years, like we did for a long time with RVP, Fabregas, Nasri (I know the situation is different).

We really need a better manager, our squad is decent, 2-3 signings away of being complete. But this manager is not the man to lead them. We are getting pressed to our own box by every single team now, that is not normal. The small clubs don’t respect us and know they can get something. It’s because of his coward tactics that it keeps happening to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom