• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Any manager who can make tactical changes during a game and get the results he has deserves high praise. He's been doing it all season, that's why our 2nd halves are so good. His analysis is spot on. Best manager in the PL by far!
Been saying this all season, but we have clearly missed a manager who can motivate. I am not saying Wenger doesn't know how but after 20 years perhaps the players needed a new approach. Evidently so in my mind.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We don't really have any must start players in the attack, apart from maybe Auba. Emery has turned that into a strength by swapping two completely different players in after the break. Wenger used to start a team and use the substitutes to help the team close the match or score goals as the situation demanded. Playing two almost completely different attacks should come as a surprise to most teams we play, hence our better form in the second half. Its also very difficult to tactically plan against. You dont know which team you'll be facing.

pikey2000

Not only does he act swiftly when he makes changes, for me its the change in tactics and approach off the back of the changes that impress me the most.

Wenger would almost always get to 70-75 mins and sub a winger for a winger or like for like, very rarely did we see formation changes at the same time as personell changes, its refreshing to see.

That said, it makes perfect sense to change at half time, this way you have the half time talk to get your point across about what you are trying to achieve by making said changes, tbh, surprised it doesn't happen more often.

What I truly love beyond all of the tactical stuff though is the passion, the players look like a team, you can see they are fighting for each other and have each others back, you just get that feeling that if something is going to go down we aren't going to role over anymore and that all stems from Emery who is clearly kicking every ball with them! Long may it continue.

TriniGunner

Been saying this all season, but we have clearly missed a manager who can motivate. I am not saying Wenger doesn't know how but after 20 years perhaps the players needed a new approach. Evidently so in my mind.

Viera said Wenger doesn't motivate. He relies on the senior players in the dressing room to set the mood for the game and it's been like this for ages. There was only ONCE I remember where we were down at half time to Liverpool and we came back to win the game. Cesc said that Wenger tore them a new one at half time and everyone was absolutely shocked by his behaviour. Given that statement, it's quite clear that he's not very vocal in the dressing room.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Very happy for this fellow , he made the sign of the cross in the first half :lol:, didn't hear Marriner telling him to get back to his technical area he was so caught up , after it was 4-2 he was slumped in the Chair ashen face , you could see how much nervous energy he used up .

baccy_man

Established Member
Really pleased how Emery has handled the change over of managers i was worried that we might have to go through the all the troubles that utd have been going through,
It's good to see the team playing fast attacking football again and the way that Emery is coaching the team it looks like we could be winning silverware pretty soon again.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This guy packs a punch. He really gets the team and crowd going. The Emirates has been quiet for years but not under Emery. His passion transmits to the team and the fans and it funnels in all directions between the three.

It's fantastic to see such a big change in such a short period in every area. Our scouting seems better, the players seem better and the fans seem noisier, losing is happening less and big games aren't something to be frightened by. Bring on United and long may it last.

Beast Incarnate

Knew we should've went with Arteta.

I have to be honest, I wasn't impressed when we were first linked with Emery. Felt like he underachieved with a star-studded PSG team and I remembered that 2nd leg mauling they got from Barca.

I thought we would have been better off taking a chance on a young coach like Arteta.

Shows why I'm not paid to give my opinions about football. :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Even with that match against Barcelona,PSG beat them 4-0 in the first leg and refs helped them in second leg.That comeback happens once in 20 years.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The main issue he had at PSG is that his board gave him no support.
Players were bigger than him.

He has tried to change tactical stuff but Thiago Silva went to complain to Nasser El Khelaifi to go back to the way things were before.

Also in France, media don't like foreign coaches because this is something pretty new to us. Especially when he's coaching the biggest team of the country.
So they were very harsh on him. There were a lot of critics about his behaviour and his passion on the touchline (it was ridiculous).
He had to tone it down.

Emery tried his best to adapt but ultimately he couldn't work with those players.

I'm glad to see the Unai Emery I used to admire at Sevilla coaching Arsenal. He's great.

He's a great fit for Arsenal

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Viera said Wenger doesn't motivate. He relies on the senior players in the dressing room to set the mood for the game and it's been like this for ages. There was only ONCE I remember where we were down at half time to Liverpool and we came back to win the game. Cesc said that Wenger tore them a new one at half time and everyone was absolutely shocked by his behaviour. Given that statement, it's quite clear that he's not very vocal in the dressing room.
I remember that too. True. Didn't want to ruffle any feathers though.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Very happy for this fellow , he made the sign of the cross in the first half :lol:, didn't hear Marriner telling him to get back to his technical area he was so caught up , after it was 4-2 he was slumped in the Chair ashen face , you could see how much nervous energy he used up .
If you put a monitor on him he'd probably have covered comparable ground to a couple of players at the end of the 90. Perpetual motion out there, never stops coaching and willing the team on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I saw this and immediately commented, that's the face of a man who has gone through a personal hell for 90 minutes and come out on top. Satisfied but too tired to show it.

What a fantastic manager. He has the know how, the charisma and all the ingredients to be one of the sport's all time greats.

pikey2000

I've always said with regards to the England national team and to some extent Arsenal over the last couple of years, I don't mind losing as long as I can see effort and commitment, saw it with England at the WC this year and now seeing it with Arsenal once again - you can't fault the team if the effort is 100% and they still lose, it really should be the basic minimum they can give and it looks as though Emery has instilled that in them really well.

Long may it continue.

TriniGunner

We don't really have any must start players in the attack, apart from maybe Auba. Emery has turned that into a strength by swapping two completely different players in after the break. Wenger used to start a team and use the substitutes to help the team close the match or score goals as the situation demanded. Playing two almost completely different attacks should come as a surprise to most teams we play, hence our better form in the second half. Its also very difficult to tactically plan against. You dont know which team you'll be facing.

I've said this before. Managers figured out Wenger's so called tactics ages ago and when things went well for them, we were humiliated by the end of the first 45 minutes. His substitutions as well were less about tactics and more about: with replacing a tired player with a fresh one, adding a striker when we needed a goal, removing an attacker for a defensive player when we needed to preserve a lead. Either way, it was way too transparent to any smart manager and it's the reason why Fergie and Mourinho always had his number.

TriniGunner

I've always said with regards to the England national team and to some extent Arsenal over the last couple of years, I don't mind losing as long as I can see effort and commitment, saw it with England at the WC this year and now seeing it with Arsenal once again - you can't fault the team if the effort is 100% and they still lose, it really should be the basic minimum they can give and it looks as though Emery has instilled that in them really well.

Long may it continue.

This. Losing is a part of any sport and it happens no matter how well you perform. On some days another team or person is simply better than you and you just have to suck it up and move on. What I never forgive is losing without effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom