• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
:lol: GFFN are a joke for anything other than transfer rumours. Last season they were having random digs at Lacazette, but now they're upset about how he's been managed by Emery.

Spot on with the rest of your post, I don't know if people are genuine when they make those comments about PSG as if dressing room dynamics at that club are the same as at Arsenal.

This is not about GFFN. What they wrote about Emery are simple facts reported by credible sources. He lost the team early to a point that the Thiago's (Motta & Silva) were the ones deciding tactics on the field. No point of denying that reality and the general impression that he didn't have it in him to be a big club manager. I was open to to see how he would do at AFC but the early signs are not convincing so far.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Excellent read. See nothing yet with Emery that suggests we should be berating him.
This statement kind of goes against what you normally say though.

"But in the last few years it became different. It was a team which always had a great attack, with players who were very good technically, but with a very, very low level of defensive solidity."

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ha!
I've been saying the same thing. Özil's treatment is bounce back from Neymar. It seems blatantly obvious to me.

Pundits call his treatment of Özil brave, I see it as a sign of weakness and a lack of confidence in his ability to stamp his authority on the squad.

Frankly, I think what we're seeing on the pitch is the squad reacting.
How would you stamp authority?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only excuse for the Özil situation is it’s viewed by Emery that he’s picking and choicing when to be fit.

Surely that has to be it? Can’t think of anyone would that would seriously say no to Özil as he’d rather have Lich, Montreal and Bellerin on the bench.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Liked some of his comments but some seem to reek of just manager bullshit that doesn't add up.

Why is our defensive record so bad after Emery brought in a DM, a CM runner, a keeper & a veteran CB? He talks about getting that extra 10% & plays one or two less attackers than Wenger yet just 3 clean sheets + more goals conceded than last season.

When we hired the guy I assumed this area was the one to improve in both short & long term even if attack & style dropped.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ha!
I've been saying the same thing. Özil's treatment is bounce back from Neymar. It seems blatantly obvious to me.

Pundits call his treatment of Özil brave, I see it as a sign of weakness and a lack of confidence in his ability to stamp his authority on the squad.

Frankly, I think what we're seeing on the pitch is the squad reacting.

Yeah he's showing signs of not being adaptable .

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Emery 2nd part:

Exclusive Sky Sports interview:
https://www.skysports.com/unaiemery
"The adaptation of the club and team is progressing in a positive way. In terms of getting into the Champions League and finishing in the top four, which is our main objective, it is true that we are not there right now. The competitive level is very high."

He goes on to say he thinks we can achieve that. Seems like he's speaking in contradictions and trying to cover all bases when the obvious happens: we come in 5th/6th and Chelsea wins the Europa.

Furious..

Fake Furious v2
You serious?

Put yourself in Mesut's situation, playing and training all week, and not make the team for no comprehensible reason?
Put yourself in Emery's position. Özil is extracting £350 k per week and performs inconsistently. What do you do? Plough another £40 million into a player who you can't rely on or fit into you system, or try to get ambitious younger players in to rebuild with? Tough decisions facing Emery with a limited budget.

Shut the **** up both of you. I’m trying to think.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He goes on to say he thinks we can achieve that. Seems like he's speaking in contradictions and trying to cover all bases when the obvious happens: we come in 5th/6th and Chelsea wins the Europa.

Lots of platitudes. Not too many super interesting insights really, it's really just your standard football manager interview.

And I don't really fathom how you can say this team is doing well offensively and it's just the defense that's bad? If he doesn't see by now something is off in every deparment he should maybe watch some more videos.

FinnGooner

Established Member
"The adaptation of the club and team is progressing in a positive way. In terms of getting into the Champions League and finishing in the top four, which is our main objective, it is true that we are not there right now. The competitive level is very high."

Where are the contradictions?

Saying that the aim is to get top four and believing that it's possible but admitting that it is very hard because the competitive level is very high, is not a contradictory statement.

al-Ustaadh

Lots of platitudes. Not too many super interesting insights really, it's really just your standard football manager interview.

And I don't really fathom how you can say this team is doing well offensively and it's just the defense that's bad? If he doesn't see by now something is off in every deparment he should maybe watch some more videos.

I've said before for people to go back and watch the highlights of his PSG teams - they aren't particularly impressive and he had the highest of caliber players.

And what does everybody remember from his time at PSG anyways? Blowing it in the second tie with Barcelona. He gets plaudits for what he did at Sevilla, though, which is the problem: I don't want to be at Sevilla's level, i.e. I don't want to be a Europa team.

It's no lie that I wanted Arteta over him (who I'm not sure would be doing much better right now), but I'll continue to support Emery because I support the club. It isn't as if I want him to fail, but I just don't see him succeeding and taking us to the level the Arsenal fan base wants - even if he gets the players he wants or better in the form of PSG-level players. Hope I'm wrong.

al-Ustaadh

Where are the contradictions?

Saying that the aim is to get top four and believing that it's possible but admitting that it is very hard because the competitive level is very high, is not a contradictory statement.
He goes on to say in the next paragraph that he thinks we can do it.

"But firstly, I believe we have time to achieve that this season. And secondly, we knew there were going to be difficulties in this process. The most important thing is to be aware that the difficulties will come, and at that moment still be able to make progress. That is the idea. The idea is to get Arsenal back to where the club deserves to be, but it needs time."

I take it as a contradiction. It's so obvious we wont be playing in the CL next year.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

This is not about GFFN. What they wrote about Emery are simple facts reported by credible sources. He lost the team early to a point that the Thiago's (Motta & Silva) were the ones deciding tactics on the field. No point of denying that reality and the general impression that he didn't have it in him to be a big club manager. I was open to to see how he would do at AFC but the early signs are not convincing so far.
The Arsenal dressing room isn't the same as PSG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom