• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vieira article - lol.

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 1,229

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kanuuu said:
Arsenal's Champions League challenge usually lasts as long as a dropped wallet in a Liverpool phone booth.

Best bit of the article.
lol. It's funny but totally untrue. A dropped wallet in liverpool would not even reach the floor :D

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I do agree with one thing though: Paddy completely disappeared during our second half with Chelsea in the CL and his passing became very poor.

Everyone dissapeared in that second half especially in the midfield and up front, Chelsea played the better football that night especially in the second and therefore went through.

Yeah i agree the 2nd half against chelsea in the CL was abysmal but i thought Paddy put in more effort than most in a horrendous showing. 2 be honest i thought we bottled it! I also feel we didnt play well in the first leg either & that didnt fill me with confidence 4 the highbury game.
After we got back into it with the pires header we should have gone for them like they did 2 us in the second leg, but i spose we were 'protecting' a decent result on paper. Funny thing is i think if the ist leg had been at highbury we cud well have done what chelsea did 2 us in the 2nd leg if that makes any sense? who knows??

European 2 legged football dont ya just hate it? :p
Hopefully sometime soon we will love it at least for 1 yr!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Blankety Blank said:
I do agree with one thing though: Paddy completely disappeared during our second half with Chelsea in the CL and his passing became very poor.

Everyone dissapeared in that second half especially in the midfield and up front, Chelsea played the better football that night especially in the second and therefore went through.

Yeah i agree the 2nd half against chelsea in the CL was abysmal but i thought Paddy put in more effort than most in a horrendous showing. 2 be honest i thought we bottled it! I also feel we didnt play well in the first leg either & that didnt fill me with confidence 4 the highbury game.
After we got back into it with the pires header we should have gone for them like they did 2 us in the second leg, but i spose we were 'protecting' a decent result on paper. Funny thing is i think if the ist leg had been at highbury we cud well have done what chelsea did 2 us in the 2nd leg if that makes any sense? who knows??

European 2 legged football dont ya just hate it? :p
Hopefully sometime soon we will love it at least for 1 yr!
That's true. I like playing home games first whether in real life or in games. Then you can prevent the other team from scoreing away goals, then go to their ground and score 1 goal or enough to break their hearts. After Chelsea scored their second goal I was devastated, and the players were heartbroken. They knew there was no chance of them losing two goals within the last 5 minutes.

towelie

patrick42uk said:
i dont really think vieira needs asissts in its statistical form i.e the last pass to the goal scorer. his ability to turn defence to attack more than makes up for that as most of the attacking moves originates from his pass

i agree with this one hundred percent

i feel like the last pass to the goal scorer as an assist is something that was started in football for the wrong reasons - i.e. following the american way of doing things. its clearly something picked up from basketball, where the ball movement to score a basket doesn't require extensive passing usually. in football its the opposite, and so many times the pass before the final pass is what makes the difference.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom