• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vieria suspended?

GlasgowGooner

Im pretty sure that was his 5th yellow in the PL yesterday so i take he will be suspended for either the Boro FA cup or the Man City game, can anyone confirm?

jc8gooner

He will miss the Man City game. Shame but rather now, when we are playin at home, than when we are away to Chelski or something. I'm going to that game and look forawrd to seeing Edu or Parlour start then- two of my favourite players.

kajej

Yeah he is, I'm pretty sure its the Man City game, but how does it go after 5 yellow cards? does the system start all over again or does it get worse if he keeps on gettin them?

Mark

Established Member
we should win the man city game with ease, so it's not a huge worry. parlour or edu can fill in for him.

lewdikris

Established Member
Yeah he's out, no worries though. He can skip one now and again....

And he's now back to zero - but if he picks up another five I think he misses two games the next time. Might be wrong about that though.

thegame24

Established Member
when do cards reset or does that not happen?

say vieira got 2 yellows at the start of the season but he doesnt get one till april again. do the past yellows reset since he went so long without a card? whats the main rule?

kajej

Yeah it's a good time for Edu to have a game too. He always looked like a CM for me. Whenver Wenger takes Pires off and brings in Edu I rarely see him along the wing, he rather stays in his natural position in the centre. He has great vision and passing and would act more attacking flair. I personally think if he is given a long run in the team he could make it into the Brazilian national squad.

JazzG

Established Member
thegame24 said:
when do cards reset or does that not happen?

They were reset last season, I remember Henry was due to get a ban but some guy told me that the FA had reset it

jc8gooner

5 cards in domestic competition (League or Cups) and you get a one match ban.
5 more and you get a two match ban.
I think it gets reset at the start of every season.

VCC

At some point in April I think you get an "amnesty" or something. I remember 2 years ago, Paddy had 9 cards going into the Sp**s game, and needed to avoid getting carded in order to get to the amnesty.

quattro

dont the carling and fa cups get included in the counting of the bans? if so, then shouldn't vieira's ban start with the carling cup this week and not at man city next week?

Gooner83

the cards you pick up in any english tournament count, reason its not starting is because they have to give so many days notice before the ban.

Phil

City are an attractive side, do not take them for granted. They are a fragile, Spice Boy outfit, but they are due some luck.

Fowler loved playing against us!

KoLo28

I like Edu, its a pity he doesn't get much a go, i'm not having a dig at gilberto he's awesome but i'd like to see edu get a few more starts.. rotate the brazilians! He pops up with some important goals, adds attacking flare and is solid.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom