• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

View from the stands: Cup Final

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Just back about an hour ago from one hell of a weekend in Cardiff, still buzzing now.

Got to Cardiff on Friday night, and was straight out onto the piss - full of fit, pissed student birds, but sadly no luck there!

Hungover on Saturday morning, but a full English and pint of stella soon sorted that out.

Then off to the pub - headed for the gatekeeper (which is Arsenal's main boozer in Cardiff) to see the Police all over it, riot vans, CCTV vans the lot. Turns out that a mob of 50 mancs have taken it over - there is about 100 gooners locked outside. After about half an hour of waiting the police march the mancs out to chants of USA! and we all pile in.
Atmosphere in the pub was mental, loads of singing, loads of flags and the beer was flowing.

Headed to the ground bout half 2. Weather was ****, pissing down which would take away a lot from what the cup final day is all about.

I thought we started ok, but was surprised to see Dennis playing in a lone striker role. First ten minutes were fairly even, but then they started to get on top of us.

To me Wenger got the tactics badly wrong. Dennis had no chance up there by himself, I think it was probably Rio's easiest game this season.
At the other end we were being torn to pieces by Ronaldo and Rooney. They are true quality players, and the future is bright for the mancs with these two in their team.
Ralph and Cole both came out second best, but they received no help from midfield. The thing to do was to double up, but we failed to do that.
Why Reyes cant do what Ronaldo does I dont know. Reyes was again poor, making little to no impact on the game whilst Ronaldo was a constant threat and danger, and Rooneys shooting (something we fail to do) also caused loads of problems. Reyes needs to sort himself out for next yeat, because this year he simply has not been good enough.

Thankfully horseface was ****, and that kept us in the game. The longer it went on and they kept missing, the more confident I got that we would do it.

The atmosphere where I was, the upper tier to the left of the goal we attacked in the first half was quality. Loads of singing and banging and great support for the lads. But else where in our section the atmosphere was poor, my mate sat behind the goal said it was **** and all the singing was coming from up where I was. I couldnt really hear the mancs at all, but looking on their site they are saying how **** our support was and theres was great.
Overall I think the atmosphere as a whole was very average from both teams, which for a cup final is a little strange.

Somehow we managed to get it to pens, and I was now confident we would win. I loved the fact that it was that little ginger, dirty **** Scholes that missed the pen. When thinking of the pain he will feel everytime he thinks of this game, it brings a big smile to my face.

When paddy smashed in the winner it went totally mental. It was one of those hunging stranger moments that only football can provide. People were in tears, people laying on the floor. Atmosphere now was buzzing, but so it should be.

As the mancs went up to collect their LOSERS medal, you've won **** all again was chanted in their direction!

After the game was back off to the pub for a much needed pint. The pub again was buzzing and it was singing and dancing time. I've got some great pics on my phone, and if I can figure out to post them I will.

Went out again Saturday night, Arsenal all over Cardiff with the odd manc getting loads of abuse. It pissed down all night though and I got soaked.

Anyway, I hope that this game shows Wenger that we need to buy in the summer. We have finished 12 points behind Chelsea and been outplayed by the mancs three times this year. If I hear anymore of this "we are good enough, we dont need any big players" I will scream - we obviously do.

Ally

Excellent post mate. My only knowledge of birds from Cardiff is gleaned from the FHM last year where they went round Unis - the one from Cardiff..... ;D

KingReyes

Established Member
Thanks for the write up Rocky. Been waiting for it and you didn't dissapoint me :p . The chants of USA USA USA were heard loud and clear especially after the mancs started the get something going.

One last thing..."we are good enough, we dont need any big players" :wink:

James

Established Member
Nice report Rocky.

I can't really type anything up, not half as exciting as that. Great read.

Was sat in the upper, to the left of those making all the noise (well, as far as Arsenal were concerned anyway,) just about in line with half way line. Firstly let me congratulate you all for being the ones prepared to make abit of noise, as i thought elsehwhere in our allocation people forgot it was cup final day and we were up against the mancs. Loved the "Red Army" chanting and banging, especially second half and extra time. On the whole though, and as much as i hate to admit it, we WERE outsung by them, and by a long distance to. Not only that but they provided far more variety in songs (granted, they do have a lengthy repetoirre) than we did. Collectively, evertime we did manage to get it together and everyone got involved it was the same old..."we love you..." and "by far the greatest team..." and even then they'd sing the same song and just drown us out.

Those around me were definately East, West and North upper inhabitants and quite frankly i dont reckon any of them could raise a boner if their biggest fantasy were unvieled before them let alone muster abit of noise at a game! These people are a complete joke in terms of support. I tried to get things going on a good few occassions and i kid you not that not on any one occassion did any of them seem to join me. One chap, about half an hour before kick off went around handing out songsheets, when he came over and passed me one i didnt know whether to laugh or cry when i realised there was only one song on it! It was about glazer and it was ****!

What about those behind the goal? Why were they not standing? Biggest game of the season and no-one stood! Still getting my head round that one. That "USA USA" chant done my nut in but it was the perfect foil for when they started giving it the "can you hear the Arsenal sing" and when that ginger minge stepped up for his kick. "You won f@ck all again!" was tops though and when i walked pat the Gatekeeper at the end everyone was singing that old favourite "f@ck all, f@ck all, f@ck all, man utd have won f@ck all!"

Very ordinary day, extremely ordinary performance from the lads, an embarrasingly ordinary effort from our fans (at least where i was sitting) and the weather was pants. All that to contend with and we still end up winning it! :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
Nice post and agree with every part but

RockyRocastle said:
Anyway, I hope that this game shows Wenger that we need to buy in the summer. We have finished 12 points behind Chelsea and been outplayed by the mancs three times this year. If I hear anymore of this "we are good enough, we dont need any big players" I will scream - we obviously do.

We aren't quite as bad as you make it out, of course we do need extra players though, in attack and defense. Also outplayed 3 times by them? You sound like a bloody manc! ;)

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Some pictures from the boozer before the game:

Pictures%2FPicture%2816%29.jpg

Pictures%2FPicture%2818%29.jpg

Pictures%2FPicture%2820%29.jpg

Pictures%2FPicture%2822%29.jpg

Had more but I think I must have deleted them off my phone. Gives you a picture of what it was like anyway.

Legend#1

Established Member
Beany said:
Funny looking boozer...

Pics aren't working for me :?

But great write up like usual Rocky.. I always look forward to these.

Both sets of fans weren't that great.. but I loved the flags and the USA chants.

James

Established Member
This Is The Daybreak said:
I was sat behind the goal quite near the back of the lower tier and I must have been quite lucky as I was sat with what seemed like some Clock End Gooners who'd all congragated in the one spot, the people near the front were seated but we were stood for practically the whole game and were encouraging others to do the same and some top singing, but it was a shame it was from only a small section.
I was at the back of the lower tier behind the goal down down by the corner flag and was stood for about 80% of the game. It seemed to be where all the atmosphere was going on and although there was alot of singing in our section, it was frustrating that it was quite in other areas.

Canuck

Established Member
Been waiting for the right=up. Cheers Rocky and 1886 for the effort.
Somehow we managed to get it to pens, and I was now confident we would win. I loved the fact that it was that little ginger, dirty c**t Scholes that missed the pen. When thinking of the pain he will feel everytime he thinks of this game, it brings a big smile to my face.
I was really sweating when they had us by the throat there...but when it went to penalties I knew we had the upper hand.
When Jens saved that penalty I thought...'there'll be alot of happy forum members just ecstatic that it was Ginger that got screwed!'
:lol:

James

Established Member
1886 said:
What about those behind the goal? Why were they not standing? Biggest game of the season and no-one stood! Still getting my head round that one. That "USA USA" chant done my nut in but it was the perfect foil for when they started giving it the "can you hear the Arsenal sing" and when that ginger minge stepped up for his kick. "You won f@ck all again!" was tops though and when i walked pat the Gatekeeper at the end everyone was singing that old favourite "f@ck all, f@ck all, f@ck all, man utd have won f@ck all!"
We were stood, but you probably couldnt see us as we were under the upper tier by the corner flag and it did stretch down a fair few rows. Everyone behind the goal should have been standing. It was bloody frustrating, as was the "USA" chants during the game, as what kind of support is that to our players?

Great to being singing 'fxck all fxck all fxck all...' again :D

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom