• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Was today Cygans worst match yet?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 2,213
A

Anonymous

Cygan has never been my favorite player but I in the past have recognized he is an average 3rd/4th choice defender. Against Wigan today he put in a woeful performance, the phrase by fans "I could do better" is overused but not today :!:

I lost count how many passed he sent straight out of play (not long passes like Xabi Alonso we are talking short simple passes). The few times he found a man he was playing them in trouble, in the second half he played the ball back into our crowded penalty area to Cesc. His positioning was bizarrely right-sided for a left back and his ambling overlaps comical.

I know people will say he was playing out of position but I have seen an interview were he said he preferred left back!

kamikaze80

Established Member
how much better do you think sol campbell would have played at left back? cygan was adequate when he stayed at home. unsurprisingly, he was lumbering going forward and didnt contribute to our attack, tho to be fair, he won the ball back and won the foul that led to henrys goal on the free kick.

hed get a 5 or 6 in my book.

i was more shocked by sol and kolo in the middle, who looked shaky every time a ball was sent into the box and fell for every feint. to be fair to them, they were not shielded well by the midfield, ie gilberto.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Are you kidding me? What game were you watching? He was better in the second half but he was constantly getting caught out of position or jogging about lazily to get back which mostly happened in the first half. He should be experienced enough to stick to his task rather than be attracted to the ball like some bee getting some pollen off a flower even Freddie had tell him to ****ing get back into position!

AFCG7

Established Member
Cygan was a piece of **** in an Arsenal shirt today..absolutely usuelss. We really should dump him from the squad...bring back Hoyte..play Seb Larsson or even Lauren and bring in Gilbert to play RB... but please do not play CYgan at LB.

A

Anonymous

ArsenalWTF put it best -

He's bald, he's ****.
He plays when no one is fit.
Pascal Cygan,Pascal Cygan :D

Viper

Established Member
Why on earth did Cygan choose football, Why not tennis?!

He is the crappest player in the Premiership.

A

Anonymous

I've never considered Cygan to be a competent anything. But you can't blame him for where Arsène puts him.

Army of Me

Established Member
true, it isnt his fault he plays for arsenal, but it is his fault he's ****.

was he not quite good before moving over here? he won french player of the year i think - how that happened i have no clue!

sabret00the

Established Member
the thing is, my only real gripe with his performance today (bar the being caught outta position like a mother ****er and show his inversatility) was that every pass he made was backwards, a couple times when their were assists on his door stop. that ****ed me off and that's nothing to do with being played outta position, that's to do with having a **** footballing brain.

nadia

true, cygan is ****! i'm almost beginning to feel sorry for him that he's just sooooooooooo bad :roll: i think it's time we're going to buy some real defenders in january.... what do you guys think?

koivu

What happened to "There's only one Pascal Cygan"?! after he bagged a brace in September.

Seriously the Cygan bashing gets a little tiresome, it's so predictable.

Wenger14

Established Member
Bit harsh I reckon.

Playing out of position against a good Wigan side is not going to be easy, he should have been expected to be caught out a few times. I'm not too disappointed because when I saw Cygan was going to be on the left, I pretty much expected him to have a shocking game even by his standards.

Let's just hope it's Toure or Lauren playing LB, for the next month, as surely Wenger won't play him there again?

KingReyes

Established Member
to the tune of he's here, he's there ,he's every ****in where....

"He's bald he's **** he plays when no one's fit... big cygan...big cygan "

"He's **** He's french he always on the bench ....big cygan...big cygan"

"He's french He's crap he's alway's in a flap .....big cygan...big cygan"

"He's big he's ****e let's put him on a flight .......big cygan... big cygan"

kamikaze80

Established Member
you guys are so immature. yes, he was not good at all, but we had no other options. and if you think playing gilbert or some other scrub from the reserves that you overrate just cos he wears an arsenal kit wouldve been a better option, then you have no clue. throw an untested 18 yr old into the fire against the #2 side away?

cygans game is obvously limited, but constantly whinging about it is pointless. like canuck said in the other thread, get off it. we all know his limitations, its annoying having to hear all your knee-jerk whinging

yoinkster

ok, so the guy played a terrible game, was at fault for their second goal and couldn't pass to save his life but how many times has he played at LB and played a blinder ? i'd guess at none.
give the guy a break, playing out of position is not easy espescially when you are pushed out of your normal line, ie central to the left.
whenever he has a bad game its all "worst player in the premiership" and all that crap, emile heskey anyone ?!
if you really think you can do better then go for a trial, then youll get told youre really **** at football and cygan will play.

Wildcat018

kamikaze80 said:
you guys are so immature. yes, he was not good at all, but we had no other options. and if you think playing gilbert or some other scrub from the reserves that you overrate just cos he wears an arsenal kit wouldve been a better option, then you have no clue. throw an untested 18 yr old into the fire against the #2 side away?

cygans game is obvously limited, but constantly whinging about it is pointless. like canuck said in the other thread, get off it. we all know his limitations, its annoying having to hear all your knee-jerk whinging

WHAT!?! Are you serious? Just move Lauren to the left and let Eboue (who is a RB and a pretty good one) play RB. Cygan is awful people always complain about us giving him a hard time, well I'm SICK of you guys defending him. He wouldn't make any other team in the Prem so why in the !@#$ is he playing for us!

Again, people say he's playing out of position, but Cygan HIMSELF says he prefers playing LB!!!

James

Established Member
It was like watching a Christmas Panto today, with every single Arsenal fan doing his job for him, and shouting "HE'S BEHIND YOU!!".

Woeful. Such an embarrassment.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom