• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Started 18 of 20 matches and they are 10th. Chelsea deemed it necessary to get Enzo for 120m.
That 90m "water carrier" has the potential to be worth double that amount and replace either one of Xhaka and Partey.
The euros was two years ago. Jorginho was not the main man. He's washed. No way to spin it.
Anyway I can't wait for when we're stuck with Jorginho-Xhaka midfield and we'll see how that works out.
Biggest chance to win the league in almost 20 years and people are justifying signing Jorginho...

He started every game. Same goes for the CL that he won. 2 years ago is very recent.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
And it's not like Partey isn't prone to poor performances either, a couple subpar performances in a row and Jorginho will be straight in.

Or you could say that with more serious competition it’s less likely that Partey will have those dips. Maybe he had the dips cos his only competition was Elneny and Lokonga and that’s not really competition at all.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Or you could say that with more serious competition it’s less likely that Partey will have those dips. Maybe he had the dips cos his only competition was Elneny and Lokonga and that’s not really competition at all.

Yeah maybe, similarly to the Trossard-Martinelli situation.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Funny thing is I used to rate Jorginho very highly when he was at Napoli. I thought he was the next Motta due the same heritage. But his time at Chelsea has been mixed. There’s games where he looks like Xavi and others where he’s Tom Cleverly and I don’t know why.

Rouski

No my point is he is set fire to CFc and spent Messi prices on prospects half of whom at least will be buys he will beg people to take at cut prices in 2 years. You want to cheer deviancy and reckless arson? Then cheer Boehly. Let me ask you point blank, would you buy some tosser from the Ukranian league with 12 top flight goals for 110 million pounds? If you answer is yes you should never manage a club regardless of who your first choice is. You aren’t picking a wife you are picking a fcking winger with 12 goals for 110 million
This is the same player that Arsenal was after for 80m

Wryer

The hate is unfair.

I understand the logic though - the scars from Gallas, Luiz, Willian, Cech.

But look, those bunch were brought in starters while Jorg is clearly coming in as a back up squad player.

From another angle, we are replacing Lakonga/El Neny with Jorginho. Is that not a clear upgrade?

Let’s get behind all the players we’ve got. It’s a thin squad, so we can’t afford thin fan base.

The team needs all the support to get the team through the line. Last thing we need is for fans to start booing when **** starts. The wobble will come I guarantee you - then it’s up to the fans to stand up and keep it going.

Let’s go!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I just don't want to lose the league by being getting done on the counter - I am having flashbacks of Wengerball where we would totally dominate but get undone by a few moments on the counter when we were totally open in midfield. Fortunately, we have Saliba and Gabriel to reduce the risk (they are better than whoever Wenger had) but talk to Chelsea fans and this is exactly the biggest issue with Jorginho. If he plays quite a few games as a lone pivot, I am sure he will have some good games but they will likely be intermixed with some shockers that could cost us.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I just don't want to lose the league by being getting done on the counter - I am having flashbacks of Wengerball where we would totally dominate but get undone by a few moments on the counter when we were totally open in midfield. Fortunately, we have Saliba and Gabriel to reduce the risk (they are better than whoever Wenger had) but talk to Chelsea fans and this is exactly the biggest issue with Jorginho. If he plays quite a few games as a lone pivot, I am sure he will have some good games but they will likely be intermixed with some shockers that could cost us.
It's well documented that Arteta has been a fan of Jorginho for quite a while. Hopefully along with that interest came some ideas on how to mitigate his weaknesses!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
How do you know they are going to be flops though? Almost 20 years ago Ahramovich came in and spent close to 200m in one year which given the inflation in player fees probably adds up to what Chelsea have spent in todays value. That didn’t work out too badly for them did it? Boehly is probably secure in his knowledge that 5 years from now he will prob be able to sell the club for a profit so why not go big?
Out of 18 how many are sure things? Lots of highly touted young players don’t make that next step. He paid experienced talent for prospects mostly.

Furthermore, no one wants an asset saddled with massive long term debt. The guy doesn’t know anything about football or transfers it is obvious none of their senior people do. In one year he added a billion in liability and he plans more transfer while they have 35 players. Right now not a single billionaire would pay the same price Boehly did. After he added 600 million pounds in assets which aren’t worth 600 million by the way that he also added 1 billion in debt. You don’t need to be a financials wizard to understand that this idiot just burned 400 million of Chelsea’s net worth

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Out of 18 how many are sure things? Lots of highly touted young players don’t make that next step. He paid experienced talent for prospects mostly.

Furthermore, no one wants an asset saddled with massive long term debt. The guy doesn’t know anything about football or transfers it is obvious none of their senior people do. In one year he added a billion in liability and he plans more transfer while they have 35 players. Right now not a single billionaire would pay the same price Boehly did. After he added 600 million pounds in assets which aren’t worth 600 million by the way that he also added 1 billion in debt. You don’t need to be a financials wizard to understand that this idiot just burned 400 million of Chelsea’s net worth

The £1b loan Boehly took out is owed to him. It’s like what the Kroenke’s are doing to fund transfers but in smaller amounts. It only has to be repaid if a new owner comes in and buys the club, so they get back the money. But Kroenke’s also transferred previous club debt into their loan, Boehly didn’t have to do that since the government stripped those assets off of Abramovich.

Ljonin

I have issues with the fact he’s coming straight from Chelsea. We’ve done that so many times now and I feel it has never worked out.

My biggest concern tho is that he won’t have the same level of energy or motivation as the rest of the squad having already won everything with Chelsea and Italy. I think that can easily become a huge issue with the high intensity pressing football Arteta has deployed, particularly in that deep midfield role. Any calming thoughts on this?

I don’t doubt his qualities as a footballer.

Uncle Good-Advice

My biggest concern tho is that he won’t have the same level of energy or motivation as the rest of the squad having already won everything with Chelsea and Italy. I think that can easily become a huge issue with the high intensity pressing football Arteta has deployed, particularly in that deep midfield role. Any calming thoughts on this?
He never won Premier League.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom