• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: For the first time in a while, I will be very active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper

Established Member
**** Wenger.

Sold two world-class players and hasn't replaced them. He always does this ****.

Sell and never replace.

We're signing a joke of a player in Benayoun.

AFCG7

Established Member
The way this club i sbeing run from a management point of view is a disgrace. Utter disgrace , i just cant beleive how it has come to this.

JazzG

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
So it looks like our big midfield signing to replace Cesc is going to be...Arteta.

Basically an inferior version of Cesc Fabregas, after making £60mill selling Fabregas and Nasri we are trying to get Arteta and Benayoun in, a real sad state of affairs at this club. What's more worrying is even buying them is a bit of a relief as up to last week we all thought nobody was coming, thats is how bad things are.

AFCG7

Established Member
60 days , 20 people working on it and they come up with Mikel Arteta and Yossi ****ing Benayoun on deadline day. Piss off!

patrick42uk

Established Member
I just think the big deal will come in another window. Maybe January. Right now we need to steady the ship and Arteta/Benayoun and all the other signings this last couple of days do that.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
I just think the big deal will come in another window. Maybe January. Right now we need to steady the ship and Arteta/Benayoun and all the other signings this last couple of days do that.

I wish I had your optimism the club is stringing us along, there will be no big deal in January when we are struggling for Top 4 and god knows what will happen in the CL on top.

AFCG7

Established Member
Does the club really beleive our fans are that gullible? You can fall for this kind of thing only so much , what are they waiting for? A boycott on ticket purchases?

JazzG

Established Member
I do wonder as a club how strong our pull is for top players. Before we had the likes of Vieira and Henry here, world class players and people wanted to play with them. Look at the current team and you look at the top prospects why would they really join? Maybe for Arsène Wenger but I think his stock is not quite what is used to be

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Pleased with the Arteta deal, Benayoun not so much. I agree with patrick42uk though, I think the big name signings will come later.

I will wait and see what happens when everyone is back playing and gets a chance to get accustomed to playing here before passing judgement.

mistaT

Established Member
Not sure how people can complain about Arteta - granted he's not in the class of Cesc but really? Really? He's proven in the EPl, a good age, a reasonable buy and will be a solid starter.

M'Vila wouldn't have helped us going forward, Hazard wouldn't have played centrally, Goetze is still a project (at least in the EPL), etc. etc....

Get in Arteta.

General

Established Member
If we ever needed a marquee signing it is now, especially after losing two big players. Let's not forget the fact that Wenger has expressed his strong dislike for the January transfer window in the past. It's not going to happen so stop deluding yourselves.

Everton will be livid about Arteta and I gather he's handed in a transfer request. We are a better club than this.

FunGun

There will be no big name signings EVER under the current regime no matter what P.R. spin Wenger or the Board puts on it like, "We have the money." or "I am not afraid to spend the money if I find someone who can improve the squad..." Our manifesto is to turn players into world class and then sell them on for profit. I truly believe we are now a selling club kind of like Ajax. We will develop our youngsters in "the Arsenal way" then sell them on and when we have gaps in the squad where our youth project hasn't got someone to fill in we will buy the best players from second tier teams who have reached a point in their career where it is now or never to play in the Premiership or Champions League. We better hope we keep getting in the CL our our declining cache will be diminished further. Mertesacker, Arteta and Benayoun are all okay players. They are great for Villa, West Ham, Everton, Birmingham etc. Would Man U, Man C, Chelsea touch them? No, I don't think so. So what does that mean about who and where we are as a club? We should be called "The Arsenal Academy PLC"

kel varnsen

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
If we shore up our defence then perhaps we become an overall stronger unit despite losing 2 excellent players. It could be argued that Gervinho is a better wide forward (not player) than Nasri and that by no longer relying on Cesc and sharing the responsibility we may also have improved.

sure. it could be argued, but you'd have to be ****ing mental to do so.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
I do wonder as a club how strong our pull is for top players. Before we had the likes of Vieira and Henry here, world class players and people wanted to play with them. Look at the current team and you look at the top prospects why would they really join? Maybe for Arsène Wenger but I think his stock is not quite what is used to be

YEah but think of what Vieira and Henry were before they joined us. Nothing's changed - we never went for top tier players who are already at big clubs earning big money. We are still a great draw for "second tier" players but these guys tend to be second tier not because of ability.

Bossa

Established Member
These 48 hours have been insane. More happened in that short amount of time than 3 months of the transfer window.

patrick42uk

Established Member
RE the title of this thread: Arsène was not lying. Wow. Face of the squad has changed. One or two still that you'd rather not have in the squad but more than protected.

What will our midfield be? Can see Yossi starting in the front 3. Just really excited about this and exactly what we needed following sunday.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jimmy_Chilides

Park Chu-Young, Per Mertesacker, Yossi Benayoun, Andre Santos, Mikel Arteta - In 48 hours. Wow. PLUS GERVINHO, Alex, Ryo

Cesc was destined to go and when City offered Nasri the 150+K wages he was never going to stay so all in all he said he will active and he has finally delivered
I still think we need a player that can make our rivals jump up and take notice to be real contenders but maybe someone from this bunch will stand up and take command

We still have cash and can sign in January if need be

Rocafella

Established Member
Thread summary. He definitely wasn't lying. Let's hope these guys can come through and we can get our season started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom