• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger happy despite defeat

Canuck

Established Member
essentially he's right. This match was not a crushing defeat for us. For all their talent and our lack of depth, they did not run the game the way their fans were hoping they would.

Chelski played their game well and we tried to play our game too. Which was a bit light at first but the boys gained momentum as the match went on.
We out passed them, out tackled them, just edged them in posession. We just didn't out score them. Which I realize is the bottom line.

I think there was enough positives to take away from this match that Wenger is right to consider this a building exercise that should prepare us much better than playing Weiz, Reitizing or Bevern did. The team dynamic has shifted and it will take some time for them to a) get used to not having Paddy b) integrate the younger players into the team even more c) realize that Hleb is going to be key to unlocking many many defences for us.

agnishevchenko

yeah, it was not at all our worst game! its just that we passed too much instead of taking shots.. i am not very sad after yesterday's performance! in fact now i am more confident that we can actually beat their blue as*es the next fixture!

_scorpion_

Established Member
adrianz said:
What did Crespo do??

Time wasting when there was 5 minutes of regular time left.

Not very sportsmanlike in a Charity Sheild match....but to tell teh truth I didnt see much Charity from either side.

adrianz

Ha, typical italian style but nothing wrong with that, we do that some of the time especially when we are just a goal up and the opponent are still coming at you.
But the ultra defensive and long ball play are too unchampion.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Performance wise, there was nothing champion about Chelsea's display today.

But I'll give them this...what a luxury it must be to have Petr Cech standing behind the likes of Gallas, Terry and Makalele. They are defensively solid with replacements to boot!

I did not think Robben, Duff or SWP caused us too many problems.

The 1 thing I like about Fat Frank is his willingness to have a crack from distance....he almost got a goal too today when Big Bird, protecting our goal today, parried what looked like a catchable ball.

If Lehmann had feathers on today I'm sure we would have seen him fly out of the Melenium.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom