• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger- Why I am resting Henry

reggiepaul

I don't understand Henry being rested. He hasn't played for a week and he isn't playing on Wednesday either so - what gives?

Unless he is playing on Wednesday then I can grasp the notion.

Still I feel we have a strong enough squad to beat Boro silly tomorrow. Pires or Fred up front is a great idea.

A

Anonymous

He missed one league game last year and one this. The guy needs to have a break. He is not superman and we are running the risk of burning him out. Wenger understands this and has sent him off on a holiday. The FA cup is not a priority, and we should still have enough to beat what is a average team without titi.

Arsenal316

Henry won't start, but will probably be on the bench. If we are leading, or it's a draw, he won't use him. If we're behind, they Wenger will probably send him out.

A

Anonymous

resting henry is a bad mistake. its telling boro that we are arrogant
and we can beat you without you

tony

therock said:
resting henry is a bad mistake. its telling boro that we are arrogant
and we can beat you without you
IMO we can easily win even without Henry, remember, that we have also Bob, Fred, Sol, Ash, Dennis & Patric back on duty. You'll see, we trash them. Henry needs break, and there won't be better time to do that.

JazzG

Established Member
To make sure he doesn't burn out we gotta give him this 2 week rest so he can recharge his batteries. We will need him for the final push of the season, the FA cup and carling cup are not as important as the PL and CL.

GoonerLuke

We need Henry healthy for the Premiership and the Champions League. We cannot win either without him. The F.A. Cup is a distant third after those two.

mood

Yeah.. we need him to be fresh so he can play as good as he did in the bigenning of the season. I wouldn't be worried at all if we had an extra striker.. but we've only got Bergkamp :( . I want Henry on the bench incase we need him.

Lukazan

Established Member
Sol said:
He missed one league game last year and one this. The guy needs to have a break. He is not superman and we are running the risk of burning him out.

He's not? :cry:

reggiepaul

I don't think he'll burn out. These guys have been playing football non stop for us for many years now and they have the regular breaks and they have people around them who keep an eye on their fitness. If the worst came to the worst Henry would be picking up injuries from a lack of fitness and fatigue - this isn't the case.

I'm still wondering about this. It's odd we leave out a player of Henry's calibre for this game. I know we can win it without him but this is slightly high profile that we need to win. The odd thing is though we've played without Henry in the FA Cup in the past and gone all the way - but then we had Wiltord to break down teams.

Hopefully Edu is starting with Pat tomorrow as he seems to have that extra push though Gilberto's adapted to a more attacking basis lately which makes him all the more better.

5 nil Arsenal (without Henry) although Henry is supposed to be on the bench according to Sky.

Mark

Established Member
we're gonna have so many important premiership and CL games i think we can afford to rest henry for this one. he should be on the bench and i have faith in bergkamp, pires and ljungberg to do the goal scoring job just fine. we will win tomorrow without much trouble.

A

Anonymous

the more you muppets complain about henry the more we seem like a one man team. henry plays at a blinding pace every game and he's already put a lot of games in. why fret about giving him a two-week break, or are we obsessed about the carling **** (sorry cup) like middle of the table teams like Middlesbo and Liverpool?

thierrys_girl

Established Member
id rather Henry was rested now than him getting injuryed near the end of the season where we will need him more. He didn't play alot of the FA Cup games last season and we still managed to win without him.

We can still win without Henry but it is easiler to win if he is in the team :wink:

reggiepaul

The thing with Henry is not really the one man argument it's like the two week rest we're giving him during a period we need him a lot. Maybe we don't see the FA Cup as a major trophy or something but it's still a trophy and worthwhile so I personally feel Henry should play since it's so decisive - the thing is we haven't used him in the past and quite comfortably progressed.

It's odd - as much as I feel Henry should play there is that factor that we have survived without him before as well so why not now?

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom