• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger- Why I am resting Henry

Mark

Established Member
i think bergkamp and hopefully ljungberg will do the job upfront just fine. we can cope without him and we need to prove that and jeez if we need him he'll probably be on the bench. i just think it's good to rest him because he is going to be vital for us later in the season.

Andrew

It does seem rather suprising, especially considering we only have one other fit (or is he?) striker, who is more of a provider these days. Quincy won't be the answer, neither will Bentley. We probably should play Edu, Vieira and Gilberto in the middle with Pires and Ljungberg in more advanced roles.

If we do win this will be a good move. Because if Henry is fresh for the second half of the season then that will be a great bonus. And seriously, we should still beat boro with or without Henry. We still have Bergkamp, Pires, Ljungberg, Vieira, Toure, Edu, Gilberto, Cole etc. who are more than capable of scoring and creating goals.

reggiepaul

Yeha that's the thing - if there wasn't a striker problem then Henry being rested would be more logical and rational as well but since we have a striker problem you'd think, we need our most available strikers.

Ridge

laolu said:
let him get a rest

... even God rested when He created the earth
yeah, you're right. :p

--------------

i think if we cant win a 4th round without henry, then we dont deserve 3 champions in a row. lol

Henry's Girl

Henry won't start, but will probably be on the bench. If we are leading, or it's a draw, he won't use him. If we're behind, they Wenger will probably send him out.
Henry is not even in training(he's in New york) he'll be back on monday, so no chance of him being on the bench. People have faith in the mighty Gunners

Double_H

Established Member
i dont know why ....but i have a strange feeling that wenger is resting him is because of Mills could do somthing 4 him :roll:

JazzG

Established Member
Wenger had said before the first match he intended of giving him a proper rest before the first boro match so I doubt that is the case.

pome

wenger rested thierry last season when we played away at manure and we got the right result then!

Henry's Girl

wicked said:
wenger rested thierry last season when we played away at manure and we got the right result then!
good point BUT then we had other striking options, wiltord, bergy, kanu and franny. We're short of strikers at the moment.

pome

yes but we still have a team full of players that can score maybe ash will score for us today :D

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom