• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member

I think they are legit. Arsène has been in touch with the family since before Mbappe signed his pro contract with ASM. They obviously have a lot of respect for Wenger.
One issue though, Mbappe has set his sights to Real Madrid and would prefer to, either, stay with Monaco for a year or two or go for an "intermediate level" club for 2 years and jump to Madrid after.
Is that something Arsenal would be amenable to? I would find that hard to believe. Monaco can easily grant his wishes, can't see AFC though paying 100 M for a player and let him go in 2 years. So, imo, Monaco has the best chances to keep him for the upcoming season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think they are legit. Arséne has been in touch with the family since before Mbappe signed his pro contract with ASM. They obviously have a lot of respect for Wenger.
One issue though, Mbappe has set his sights to Real Madrid and would prefer to, either, stay with Monaco for a year or two or go for an "intermediate level" club for 2 years and jump to Madrid after.
Is that something Arsenal would be amenable to? I would find that hard to believe. Monaco can easily grant his wishes, can't see AFC though paying 100 M for a player and let him go in 2 years. So, imo, Monaco has the best chances to keep him for the upcoming season.

Going by the article he'd be at that intermediate level club for 3-4 years. But you can't really say if the player will absolutely move at the age of 22, just because there's so many variables.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
RE outgoings we have 31 players on the books at the moment not including the 21 and under category who don't need to be in the 25 man squad. Well 30 now we know Asano is off but still, so many players!

So much work to do to get that down to 23 if we are to sign two more players. Just frustrating knowing the likes of Gibbs and Debuchy are sitting there on 60/70k a week.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Is Douchy retired from international football yet? He might be off if he wants to play in the world cup.

16.06.2017 - Dreadful
17.06.2017 - Dreadful
18.06.2017 - Dreadful
19.06.2017 - Dreadful
20.06.2017 - Dreadful
21.06.2017 - Dreadful
22.06.2017 - Dreadful

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Is Douchy retired from international football yet? He might be off if he wants to play in the world cup.
Was in the paper the other day that Arsenal are considering giving Debuchy a free, nobody wants the ****er with his huge wages (for a crap player).

He's up there with Chamakh and Squillaci in that nobody will pay a penny for them.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Going by the article he'd be at that intermediate level club for 3-4 years. But you can't really say if the player will absolutely move at the age of 22, just because there's so many variables.

Infos from Monaco, following the meeting between the ASM president and the Mbappe camp, talk about a couple of years. They even mention the player interest to move to Madrid after the Russia WC.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Infos from Monaco, following the meeting between the ASM president and the Mbappe camp, talk about a couple of years. They even mention the player interest to move to Madrid after the Russia WC.

I don't see that at all. Madrid will be in the exact same position they are now in terms of players and playing time. The reason he'd want to go there at the age of 21-24 would be because Ronaldo/Benzema will be done and he'll be the main man.

Its a transitional phase and I think it'll work the same as when Ronaldo went to United and then moved to Madrid a few years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom