• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
United fielded 1st XIs in the EFL Cup and Europa League. But finished 6th. Not a good model for us. And we don't need anymore FA cups.

Wenger needs to go for the league this year and put the reserves in every other competition.

blaze_of_glory

Apparently we have to sell players if we re-sign Özil and Alexis due to cost control rules.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sanchez-mesut-Özil-new-contract-a7803741.html

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Got to be so careful. So currently the reason why we haven't signed anyone else is because we simply can't until we sell? Kolasinac added 6.7m a year to the wage bill.

blaze_of_glory

Surely we can sign and then sell. But I suppose that would end up with us being in a weak position to negotiate fees when selling.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Perez - 13m - 70k per week/3.3m a year.
Gibbs - 10m - 60k per week/2.9m a year.
Debuchy - 5m - 70k per week/3.3m a year
Wilshere - 15m - 100k per week/4.8m a year.
Szczesny - 10m - 70k per week/3.3m a year.
Ospina - 3m - 40k per week/1.9m a year.
Joel Campbell - 3m - 30k per week/1.4m a year
Calum Chambers - 15m - ?

We don't have to sell the Ox. We don't have to sell Giroud. We just have to sell the deadwood that regularly rots around our club. Özil and Alexis want 15m a year extra (sounds ludicrous when you say it like that)

You can get 22m a year off the wage bill selling everyone I listed. So that leaves 7m in wages to sign someone on 130-150k a week. Mbappe would probably be around that area.

You then recoup 74m in transfer fees. But then I don't understand what a transfer budget is for? Surely the reason why our transfer budget includes first year wages is to account for this new rule?

DanJ39

Calum Chambers - 15m - ?

We don't have to sell the Ox. We don't have to sell Giroud. We just have to sell the deadwood that regularly rots around our club. Özil and Alexis want 15m a year extra (sounds ludicrous when you say it like that)

You can get 22m a year off the wage bill selling everyone I listed. So that leaves 7m in wages to sign someone on 130-150k a week. Mbappe would probably be around that area.

You then recoup 74m in transfer fees. But then I don't understand what a transfer budget is for? Surely the reason why our transfer budget includes first year wages is to account for this new rule?
Honestly if you can get 30m for oxlade chamberlain you take it and run his not worth 100k+ a week

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Calum Chambers - 15m - ?

You right about that Selling Campbell Giroud Debuchy Wilshere Ospina should be enough

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Shows it pays to do research.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/premier-league-update-their-ffp-rules

That article is a load of tosh. All they've done is increase it from 4 to 7million a year. Its irrelevant boys, take no notice. Last season we were only allowed to increase the wage bill by 4m a year and we exceeded that massively with no sales. Because our revenue etc covered it.

Clever from the paper though, not many people will know that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Man City classified Mancini's pay off as 'wages' meaning this summer they have the capacity to increase their wage bill by 58 million :lol:

2012%20wages1.jpg.opt602x321o0%2C0s602x321.jpg

"The rules that allow clubs to refer back to 2013/14 will, however, give some extra flexibility to the clubs that have been in the Premier League since that season. The following table shows how the longer-standing clubs are affected by the rules and how most of these clubs are therefore allowed a higher wage increase if they wish. The clubs that are showing in red actually should have no significant issues - clubs have been able to write large commercial deals since 2012/13 on the back of the relentlessly increasing appeal of the Premier League (eg Chelsea's Yokohama tyres deal); the rules don't materially hamper the longer-standing, larger Premier League Teams. It is also important to appreciate that the current Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules are still in place - these rules sit alongside the Short Term Cost Control rules and ensure clubs don't lose more than £105m over three rolling seasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom