• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We wont be bringing both Mbappe and Lacazette, we d have to sell all our CFs, Mbappe wants playtime guarantee as CF, Laca is only CF, he is not Alexis.
It is just Mbappe or Laca and Lemar. Midfielder unlikely.

Is that not the same with Lemar then? If we keep Alexis surely Lemar will want playtime guarantee in a World Cup year?

Lemar is 21 and Mbappe is 18. If anything Lemar would want the bigger gametime guarantee.

If we're building a squad that wants to fight on all four trophy fronts we need our options to be better than last season.

Currently we have Alexis, Özil, Welbeck, Perez, Giroud, Akpom, Walcott, Joel campbell

The quality after the first two is not good for a club that wants to win a champions league and be at the level of Bayern Munich.

Big chances that we get rid of Perez, Akpom, Joel Campbell and possibly Giroud. Also even if Alexis leaves next summer what's going to happen then? May as well bring in Mbappe as he's deadly from LF, still only 18 and we can eventually move him to a CF role ALA Henry.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We wont be bringing both Mbappe and Lacazette, we d have to sell all our CFs, Mbappe wants playtime guarantee as CF, Laca is only CF, he is not Alexis.
It is just Mbappe or Laca and Lemar. Midfielder unlikely.
Way too much going on with the Mbappe stuff, the way the Lacazette stuff just exploded out of the blue also raised an eyebrow. The weirdest for me was the timing of Mbappe's random family member praising Wenger.

I'd give it another week before I completely shut down the Mbappe chased.

blaise

Is that not the same with Lemar then? If we keep Alexis surely Lemar will want playtime guarantee in a World Cup year?

Lemar is 21 and Mbappe is 18. If anything Lemar would want the bigger gametime guarantee.

If we're building a squad that wants to fight on all four trophy fronts we need our options to be better than last season.

Currently we have Alexis, Özil, Welbeck, Perez, Giroud, Akpom, Walcott, Joel campbell

The quality after the first two is not good for a club that wants to win a champions league and be at the level of Bayern Munich.

Big chances that we get rid of Perez, Akpom, Joel Campbell and possibly Giroud. Also even if Alexis leaves next summer what's going to happen then? May as well bring in Mbappe as he's deadly from LF, still only 18 and we can eventually move him to a CF role ALA Henry.

Count all minutes that these attackers featured last season here and you ll get minutes that would satisfy only one player between Laca and Mbappe.

Lemar could play CM against weaker teams, rotate with Alexis/Özil, hell maybe even LWB, also our big insurance in these negotiations with Alexis/Özil, he is a no brainer for 40m that is quoted if we can get him. Mbappe wants to play minutes and be groomed as CF (that and Arsène are our main pull, he can play winger or behind in Madrid, no problem) and we are not playing wingers lately so not sure where would that put Welbeck and Laca, they d be dreadful in these positions Sanchez and Özil play now. I d say it is crowded with just Mbappe and Laca; not to mention Welbeck, because they d both expect to be n1.

blaise

Way too much going on with the Mbappe stuff, the way the Lacazette stuff just exploded out of the blue also raised an eyebrow. The weirdest for me was the timing of Mbappe's random family member praising Wenger.

I'd give it another week before I completely shut down the Mbappe chased.

Agree but it is probably one or the other, just that this time we are playing smart and not putting all our eggs in one basket

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Count all minutes that these attackers featured last season here and you ll get minutes that would satisfy only one player between Laca and Mbappe.

Lemar could play CM against weaker teams, rotate with Alexis/Özil, hell maybe even LWB, also our big insurance in these negotiations with Alexis/Özil, he is a no brainer for 40m that is quoted if we can get him. Mbappe wants to play minutes and be groomed as CF (that and Arséne are our main pull, he can play winger or behind in Madrid, no problem) and we are not playing wingers lately so not sure where would that put Welbeck and Laca, they d be dreadful in these positions Sanchez and Özil play now. I d say it is crowded with just Mbappe and Laca; not to mention Welbeck, because they d both expect to be n1.

Same with Mbappe, but he could rotate with Alexis, Özil and Lacazette in the front 3. Alexis and Özil won't be here forever, I expect Alexis to leave next summer regardless meaning Mbappe would then take his spot full time.

My worry is if Alexis goes down with an injury we don't have a special player that can make something from nothing. Lemar isn't that guy either, Mbappe is that man. We need another in the squad.

Minutes wise in the league from players who were not Özil or Alexis comes to 5597 minutes.

With Özil and Alexis it's 11,669. So I guess you're right to some extent but at the same time you never know if Özil or Alexis will get injured at some point.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Imo, Lemar/Lacazette/Sead along with keeping Alexis and Özil would be a fantastic summer, as long as a lot of the deadwood leaves also. However I wouldn't be against Wenger doing a mudness and signing Mbappe.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
it's between Mahrez and Lemar if we lose Alexis. i think Lemar is 1st option Mahrez is backup plan.

That would be an awful downgrade. Not one player in our squad would be able to take the game by the balls.

In fairness to Mahrez he had a poor season but he has the ability to do that, absolutely wonderful on his feet and can create something from nothing

carlito'sway

Established Member
it's between Mahrez and Lemar if we lose Alexis. i think Lemar is 1st option Mahrez is backup plan.

I think we can cross Lemar out. He said he wants to stay at ASM to guarantee his place for the WC. He is not in the list of "authorized transfers "at Monaco either. So it would take some crazy, Martial type offers, to make them bulge.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That would be an awful downgrade. Not one player in our squad would be able to take the game by the balls.

In fairness to Mahrez he had a poor season but he has the ability to do that, absolutely wonderful on his feet and can create something from nothing
It's a downgrade but it's impossible to find a player near Alexis quality these days.

blaise

I think we can cross Lemar out. He said he wants to stay at ASM to guarantee his place for the WC. He is not in the list of "authorized transfers "at Monaco either. So it would take some crazy, Martial type offers, to make them bulge.

As much as I appreciate your posts I d say everybody in Monaco is available if the club is ok with a price and especially if a player would prefer to leave. Monaco likes to make healthy profit and doesnt mind selling at all. And there were reports that he is quite keen to play for Arsène.

16.06.2017 - Dreadful
17.06.2017 - Dreadful
18.06.2017 - Dreadful
19.06.2017 - Dreadful
20.06.2017 - Dreadful
21.06.2017 - Dreadful
22.06.2017 - Dreadful
23.06.2017 - Dreadful
24.06.2017 - Dreadful

carlito'sway

Established Member
As much as I appreciate your posts I d say everybody in Monaco is available if the club is ok with a price and especially if a player would prefer to leave. Monaco likes to make healthy profit and doesnt mind selling at all. And there were reports that he is quite keen to play for Arséne.

Let me tell you how I understand it. The ASM leaders have given what they call in France "Bon de sortie"to a number of players, among them Silva, Bakayoko, Mendy and possibly Fabinho. Those would leave if the price is right and as you can see they are already leaving.
The said the rest will stay and Lemar said he wants to stay as well. However, if AFC comes with a crazy offer a la Martial. They will definitely consider it. So do we want to pay 70 M for Lemar this year or 40/45 M next year? That is the call Arsenal will have to make. Furthermore, Lemar may not come if not guaranteed a starting role.
I have not read any comment from Lemar about wanting to play for Arsène. I have read his comments about staying though.

ClubLevel

Lots of questions about playing time but people forget how injury prone our team is, the amount of competition and games that will be played and options from the bench. I'm not convinced we are fully equipped quality wise, we have the numbers not the quality.

Its only a matter of time before Sanchez gets injured as well, he runs and gives 100% every single game, is always on international duty and rarely gets a proper rest, we need to be a big club and have players in different positions.

Players are hardly going to push themselves if they know Jenkinson or Gibbs or Campbell are behind them, they probably would if we had a Lemar fighting for places.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lots of questions about playing time but people forget how injury prone our team is, the amount of competition and games that will be played and options from the bench. I'm not convinced we are fully equipped quality wise, we have the numbers not the quality.

Its only a matter of time before Sanchez gets injured as well, he runs and gives 100% every single game, is always on international duty and rarely gets a proper rest, we need to be a big club and have players in different positions.

Players are hardly going to push themselves if they know Jenkinson or Gibbs or Campbell are behind them, they probably would if we had a Lemar fighting for places.

This, that's how you create a winning mentality within a squad and win big trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom