• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Kolasanic or similar a young hot shot and two established players to come in. A lot will depend on Özil and Alexis if they go we may bring in more.

As has been the case for the last couple of years we need to trim the squad before we bulk buy.

Surprised many are willing to write of Xhaka or Mustafi. In spells both have done very well. Neither really had a pre season with us. Let's see how they do this coming season as definitely worth sticking by them for the time being. Should be counted as major players for us for now.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
Centre-back to replace the ageing Koscielny. Left-back to replace the outgoing Gibbs and to displace Monreal. Midfield partner for Xhaka. Wide forward and striker to get our attack back up to the right level.

That's without considering replacements for Özil or Alexis, a right-back to compete with Bellerín and a replacement for Čech.

So much to do this summer.

ARSNLNO1

The priorities are a Striker a Midfielder & a LB, one of which we appear to have sorted already.

The partnership of Xhaka & Ramsey has been going from strength to strength lately but we need another top addition there for me.

We need to finally try to find that world class striker we have been needing for such a long time now.

I'm not convinced a CB will be a priority for Wenger or the club however a RB may be if we sell both Debuchy & Jenkinson.

This is all without losing Özil or Sanchez, if either or both go then Wenger has possibly the biggest challenge he's had while manager of Arsenal. I feel Sanchez will be a far bigger loss than Özil who is easily replaced by a change of formation.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Bellerin, Ox, Gabriel, AMN, Coquelin will probably make Wenger think he has enough at RWB.

Gooner006

By process of elimination, as well as our previous interest, I'm guessing we'll sign Moussa Dembele from Celtic.

The way I see it:
Griezmann to United
Lacazette to Atleti (if ban is lifted)
Lukaku and Morata to Chelsea
Aubameyang to PSG
Belotti to AC Milan
Mbappe to Real Madrid (probably next summer)
Schick to Juventus

Would love Icardi, but don't think he'll move. Timo Werner and Dolberg will probably stay where they are, or one will go to Liverpool. Andre Silva is a Mendes client. City won't sell us Iheanacho.

In my estimation, that leaves Dembele for us. Agent Kolo brokers the deal.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
By process of elimination, as well as our previous interest, I'm guessing we'll sign Moussa Dembele from Celtic.

The way I see it:
Griezmann to United
Aubameyang to PSG
Belotti to AC Milan
Schick to Juventus

Would love Icardi, but don't think he'll move. Timo Werner and Dolberg will probably stay where they are, or one will go to Liverpool. City won't sell us Iheanacho.

Surely Morata won't leave Madrid's bench for Chelsea's?

Gooner006

Surely Morata won't leave Madrid's bench for Chelsea's?
I could see Conte starting Morata and Lukaku together, with Hazard in behind in a 3-4-1-2 formation. With the windfall they're getting for Costa, the uncertainty over Batshuayi's future, and Morata's relationship with Conte, I think Chelsea could convince both Morata and Lukaku to join.

I certainly hope that's not the case, as I'd take any one of the strikers I listed, but those are simply my best guesses right now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The way I see it:
Griezmann to United
Aubameyang to PSG
Belotti to AC Milan
Schick to Juventus

Would love Icardi, but don't think he'll move. Timo Werner and Dolberg will probably stay where they are, or one will go to Liverpool. Andre Silva is a Mendes client. City won't sell us Iheanacho.

Not sure we are in for Dembele. He has Liverpool written all over him. If we sell Alexi, which is looking likely, I'd take the 50million add 20 million and test Torino's resolve for Belotti.

Ideally you are looking at out: Alexis 50m, Ospina 8m, Jenkinson 3m, Perez 10m, Campbell 2m, You are looking at 73 million coming in by those numbers.

Belotti - 70 - 85 million
Keita - 40 million
Kolasinac - Free

Thats still under 100m net spend.

re-sign Wilshere, Chambers, Ox and Szczesny and you have a squad.

----------------------------Szczesny/Cech
-----------Holding/Chambers-Mert/Mustafi-Kos/Gabriel

Ox/bellerin-Keita/Coquelin-Xhaka/Cazorla/Elneny-Monreal/Kolasinac

-------Özil/Wilshere-----------Ramsey/Iwobi
-------------Belotti/Welbeck/Giroud

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I like xhaka he's a good player but world class??

Xhaka performances have been in my opinion. Is there a deep lying playmaker with a better passing range in world football now that Pirlo is past it and Xabi Alonso retiring? I am struggling to think of anyone. Verrati and Modric better players at present yes but they don't have Xhaka's passing range.

Last edited:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Not sure we are in for Dembele. He has Liverpool written all over him. If we sell Alexi, which is looking likely, I'd take the 50million add 20 million and test Torino's resolve for Belotti.

Ideally you are looking at out: Alexis 50m, Ospina 8m, Jenkinson 3m, Perez 10m, Campbell 2m, You are looking at 73 million coming in by those numbers.

Belotti - 70 - 85 million
Keita - 40 million
Kolasinac - Free

Thats still under 100m net spend.

re-sign Wilshere, Chambers, Ox and Szczesny and you have a squad.

----------------------------Szczesny/Cech
-----------Holding/Chambers-Mert/Mustafi-Kos/Gabriel

Ox/bellerin-Keita/Coquelin-Xhaka/Cazorla/Elneny-Monreal/Kolasinac

-------Özil/Wilshere-----------Ramsey/Iwobi
-------------Belotti/Welbeck/Giroud

Surely they should be looking to move on Walcott, Giroud, Gibbs and Elneny too? Not needed so much now that they're and Wenger clearly doesn't fancy them.

Gooner006

Some rumors about Danilo Pereira and Andre Silva.
Andre Silva is certainly an interesting player. Could be Portugal's starting CF at next summer's World Cup. He's represented by Mendes though, which complicates matters.

Danilo is a monster in the midfield, but would be an alternative to Xhaka rather than a partner to him. That being said, with Ramsey, Ox, Santi and Jack as possible CM options, versus only the underwhelming duo of Coquelin and Elneny as Xhaka's current backups, maybe that's actually what we need more.

For what it's worth, I also think Danilo could become a CB/DM like Javi Martinez.

Last edited:

ChefMan21

Did the two Milan team's qualify for Europe? I don't think they did.

If we could pinch Romagnoli and either Icardi or Barbosa and offer them European football in a World Cup year, they might just jump at it.

Three at the back of Kos, Mustafi and Romagnoli, plus Icardi or Barbosa up front, I think is quite good. Add another couple of signings to that...

every little thing

If Wenger is serious, he should just go all in for Lukaku. Lukaku and Sanchez will provide goals for Arsenal. He is available now and all we need to do is pour the money.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

The way I see it:
Griezmann to United
Aubameyang to PSG
Belotti to AC Milan
Schick to Juventus

Not happening. Dembele is staying for at least another year at Celtic.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
[Wenger] on whether the club is in a position financially to compete at the top level of English and European football…

It’s not only about money, football. It’s important, but it’s not only about money. We are in a much better position. I guided this club for years with very limited resources where we had to sell all our best players, always. So today the club is in a much stronger position. Some clubs are in a stronger position than us financially, yes. But I believe we are in a strong enough position and we have a strong enough basic squad to compete at the top level.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

[Wenger] on whether the club is in a position financially to compete at the top level of English and European football…

It’s not only about money,
football. It’s important, but it’s not only about money. We are in a much better position. I guided this club for years with very limited resources where we had to sell all our best players, always. So today the club is in a much stronger position. Some clubs are in a stronger position than us financially, yes. But I believe we are in a strong enough position and we have a strong enough basic squad to compete at the top level.
Arsène disagrees with Makingtrax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom