• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who got the best buy?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Blimey I am still in shock at the way The Sun seem to be giving us a biggup.

I am waiting for the backlash though.

Obviously AW and Dein did the business here and got the star player. Well done both of you.

ethanen

I'm not so intimidated by parker... hes not a proven player.
and he wont get alot of minutes in chelsky especially when veron recovers.

JazzG

Established Member
Reyes is easily the most talented of those lot, it just depends how quickly he settles into premiership footy

Jinn

Established Member
Dunno, we'll have to see and wait to judge who plays better.

Reyes has a disadvantage in that he's never played in the Premiership. Although he probably has the most talent of the three.

lewdikris

Established Member
The very simple fact is that Arsenal have been the only ones who have signed someone who can go on to be amongst the very very best in the world.

Parker and Saha are both very good players who've proved themselves in the Premiership this year, but Reyes, although less experienced has shown signs that he can go on and be totally brilliant.

Whilst Ranieri and Fergie have been filling up their squads with good solid talent, Wenger and Dein have focussed on one of the few players about who can be the best ... and I think that'll be the difference between us and them at the end of the season.

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, that's right. Reyes' signing was important that it's another potential world class player in the team.

Saha and Parker don't look like they'll ever be world class, or even represent their country regularly.

lewdikris

Established Member
And of course that is now the 15th midfielder on Chelsea's books. 15! ****ing crazy:

Makelele, Lampard, Duff, Geremi, Veron, Petit, Cole, Stanic, Parker, Zenden, Oliveira, Gronkjaer, Smertin ... and two more, apparently.

Prize for anyone who knows who those other two are!

15. Lunatics. I wouldn't swap all 15 for Vieira and Pires, let alone Parlour, Edu, Gilberto, Freddie and, of course Reyes...

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'm going to have to say that in the short term, saha and parker are the better signings. They both have played in the priemership and to some degree proved themselves there. They are used to the pace of the league as well as the physical demands. Reyes will need time to adapt. It took pires a full seeason to come to terms with the premiership and it wont surprise me if it was the same with reyes. In the longer term i'd expect reyes to be by far the best signing. i hope i'm wrong though, i'd like reyes to surprise and have an impact this season.

A

Anonymous

laolu said:
Jo Keenan is another chelski MF

And that Nicholas who played in the Cup, he had a mare.

As it has been said Saha and Parker are both very good players. But the parker singing is just going to cause too many problems at Chelsea imo. Also i cant see Saha and horseface being an effective partnership.

Reyes on the other hand is in the elite of the worlds top young players with Van Der Vaart, Diego, Joaquin etc. Saha and Parker, although good players are no where near this group of players. Reyes also brings far more to our team than the other two could bring to theirs.

There is no question who got the better player. And as it stands today we have payed the least money!

Mark

Established Member
i think parker is a very talented player but it's going to be tough for him now as i can't see him getting into the team when lampard and makelele have done so well in midfield for them. i think saha is overrated and we will soon see that, without a doubt reyes is the best signing. 8)

Webdesignlab

Established Member
This is from arsenal plus

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/sportsappcontroller.jsp?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=displayheadline&type=com.sportapps.news.NewsItem&id=4330855" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/sportsappcontrol ... id=4330855</a>

I like this one

I think we may be making in roads into Spain soon. Maybe that is why that 'the Sun' is actually been nice to us. Finally an English team is poaching Spain's top talent not the other way around. Of course there will be a backlash soon LOL, but it is the Sun.

AFCG7

Established Member
i'll agree that in the short term Parker would seem to be the better signing.. but once Reyes starts showing the form he had with Sevilla that will definitely change

reggiepaul

I don't think so.

Reyes is the best buy. The likes of Parker and Saha are not in this league and this will become apparant very soon.

Quite simply, when this guy sees the oppurtunity, he will exploit it. It doesn't matter if its in La Liga, Serie A or the premiership, he will exploit it. Why? because he has the ability.

The idea of adapting to the premiership is just some insubstantial argument. It makes no sense. I can't see how a players ability is dampened because he plays in a different football league. He will want to play his best game no matter where he is.

Arsenal play a continental game so he will fit in like a jigsaw piece. Many people say "he needs to adjust to the premiership", but I don't buy that. Most players that come to the premiership play well and granted the improve and get better as players. You wouldn't say a 30 plus year old player "needs to adjust to the premiership", because after his mid 30's his game won't be the same.

I know for many there is this phenomena of adjusting to the premiership but it makes no sense to me. They are playing football. Over time their experience improves their game as it would for any player in any part of the world. In this case some players come with a greater ability and are basically, better football players.

tox

quality will always shine through, but i wud disagree with players not needing time to settle in a different league.Pires took a year or so to really start performing and Angel at aston villa is another example of a player who has only started to produce his best after 2 or so years in the league

JazzG

Established Member
reggiepaul said:
I know for many there is this phenomena of adjusting to the premiership but it makes no sense to me. They are playing football. Over time their experience improves their game as it would for any player in any part of the world. In this case some players come with a greater ability and are basically, better football players.

Some french players have struggled because the french league is no way as physical, players need time to change their game. Look at Pires, he didn't look up for the battle at first. It is more of a mental thing though, they are simply abit scared coz how physical and fast it happens. Sometimes you won't get time to get the ball, think about what your gonna do and then pick out a pass. You have to think quick and react quick.

Reyes has been fouled quite a lot which to me shows players are aggressive when it comes to tackling him. So he may settle in quicker. Also he will need get used to the new life, sometimes when your on your own in a new place you can become quite sad. Henry said he felt very lonely at first, there is only so much a club can do. After a while you make friends and get used to things. Jose's parents, brother and girlfriend will be moving in with him soon which will help him out loads, the quicker they come the better.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom