• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who had the better season? Arsenal or Man Utd.

Who had the better season Arsenal or Man Utd?

• Arsenal

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • United

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We played better football. But they went further than us in both domestic competitions and Europa league and won the league cup. 3rd and 2nd in the league is not much of difference. They also beat us in the overall h2h
There is a 10 point gap between 2nd and 3rd. That is a big difference.

We battered them at the Emirates.

Ljonin

We played better football. But they went further than us in both domestic competitions and Europa league and won the league cup. 3rd and 2nd in the league is not much of difference. They also beat us in the overall h2h
If the baby blue cheaters get the Juventus treatment, we win this league title, not United.

The league cup bears almost no weight, there’s a reason we’ll face City in the Community Shield and not United. No one cares about that cup, we used to field kids in it.

Also, to bring up the h2h becomes very complicated since we got a goal wrongly disallowed at Old Trafford, a goal that would have changed that game significantly. Because I assume you’re talking about the goal difference?

Any neutral that watched both games would agree that we were the better team by far.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There is a 10 point gap between 2nd and 3rd. That is a big difference.

We battered them at the Emirates.
I believe we are better team than them. But if you objectively look at the whole season. Them doing better in 3 cup competitions and winning one sway it for them

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I believe we are better team than them. But if you objectively look at the whole season. Them doing better in 3 cup competitions and winning one sway it for them
Guarantee you though if United played City in an earlier round in the FA Cup like we did they would have gone out similarly.

Can’t remember who else they played in the FA Cup to reach the final (except winning on pens against Brighton) but their Caraboa Cup run to the final was stupidly easy playing league 1 sides and Forest. They also bottled it against Sevilla after their fans on social media made a big deal about them winning the Europa League.

I don’t really see how they have had a better season than us. They beat teams that they should expect to beat in all their cup runs. Imagine if they lost to the likes of Charlton, Reading etc who they played in both the FA Cup and League Cup.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Guarantee you though if United played City in an earlier round in the FA Cup like we did they would have gone out similarly.

Can’t remember who else they played in the FA Cup to reach the final (except winning on pens against Brighton) but their Caraboa Cup run to the final was stupidly easy playing league 1 sides and Forest. They also bottled it against Sevilla after their fans on social media made a big deal about them winning the Europa League.

I don’t really see how they have had a better season than us. They beat teams that they should expect to beat in all their cup runs. Imagine if they lost to the likes of Charlton, Reading etc who they played in both the FA Cup and League Cup.
They won a cup and reached a final in another cup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Arsenal beat City to win the Community Shield next season, then that makes Yanited's season redundant.

Over to you then don Arteta:pray:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Explain this?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we won the league this would be different. As it stands we both won the top 4 trophy, United reached two finals winning one and went further than us in Europe.

United for me have had the better season. More trophies, more finals and in the CL. This is why next season we have to compete in every tournament we enter.

Ljonin

They won a cup and reached a final in another cup.
I just can’t agree with this.

They won a nothing cup that most clubs want to get rid of, beating pub teams on the way. Reaching a final and not winning surely counts for nothing if the same argument is used for being runner up in the league

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Had it not been for that 7 nil loss I’d have given it to Utd easy, but that’s such a huge stain. That team now knows that against good opposition on a bad day 5 nil loss is very possible.

Top 4 and two cup finals is a season is good going with that squad. Arsenal had to wait a couple of seasons for this one so it’s a bit shruggy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

They won a nothing cup that most clubs want to get rid of, beating pub teams on the way. Reaching a final and not winning surely counts for nothing if the same argument is used for being runner up in the league
I mean, if we had their season and they had ours, we would also be thinking we had the better season

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I mean, if we had their season and they had ours, we would also be thinking we had the better season

That’s why the one’s who are mind boggled aren’t serious :lol:

Whoever you support had the better season with this one. Had Utd actually won the FA Cup, it wouldn’t be a debate even though I’m sure some would still argue it.

I’d have been fuming had we lost to anybody 7 nil but I firmly believe Arteta and his following shrug that off no probs tbh provided we were in top 4.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If Man Utd had won the FA Cup then maybe it's different.

I think most people would agree that the PL is the fairest barometer of success and progress. You don't get easy draws in the league, everyone plays everyone and it's over a longer format.

We were in a legit title challenge up until the last few weeks, Man Utd were closer to a top 4 battle than to a title challenge. There was a way bigger gap between us than 2nd vs 3rd looks on paper.

Even just stylistically we were superior. Man Utd had a good season results wise but for the most part they weren't dominating sides. It was pretty scrappy stuff tbh. When Rashford wasn't in his purple patch they were pretty stodgy.

Based on all that if you ask the question, which side should be going into next season more optimistic? I'd don't see how the answer isn't Arsenal.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Finishing second and winning nothing counts for nothing. Just ask Sp**s

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom