• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

whos the CB we need and can get

arsenal4life

I think we really need another CB if we want to continue in the three competitions
we lost the EPL 2003 cause Campbell got injured in the last two monthes
we don't need this to be repeated again
and we have a great hope in UCL this year

for me
Ahmed Madouni of Dotmond or Daniele Bonera of Parma

what do you think about the possible options

Gregwin04

what we dont want is to bring in another player who are around 28 who will not get better for the club. i realy think this season is the time for the young starts to start playing. Senderos, hoyte (if he aint on loan) and i think you can say the same about the rest of the team too

in the midfield Pennant, Flamini should both get thair fair share of games

and up front well we have no choice but to play rayes and Van Persie plus they will prob get games in the midfield aswell

Mark

Established Member
Bonera would be a good buy, if Hoyte or Senderos aren't up for it. The difference now is, that in 2003 when we lost the title Cygan was still in his first year in the Prem, he has improved since then and should be good enough for a few games at the start of the season.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If money was no object then I would like Jonathan Woodgate at Arsenal. He's such a good reader of the game. He reminds me of TA6 in many ways. You can't beat a bit of Englishness in defence in my opinion.

AFCG7

Established Member
Bonera of Parma
Collicini of MIlan ( was on loan but not sure if he is back now)
Madouni would be a good backup as well.
Not sure of any more out there that we could get on the cheap

dynasty

i say ferrari..
but realistically ithink someone like thuram so the development of youth wont be ruined

Weakerthan

kin4ever said:
How about Mexes?

Roma have him and deserve him for all the efforts they've put into trying to get. They're building a nice team around Totti.

Oh, and Ferrari's with them as well.

I don't think we need a a replacement. Senderos is one of the most highly-rated young defenders on the continent, and he has the capacity to play there if needed.

AFCG7

Established Member
Ferrari is also at Roma.. which means they have 3 top CBs.. Chivu Mexes Ferrari..

AFCG7

Established Member
Yes.. maybe we can go for Chivu.. although he is injured at the moment.. thats probably why ROma went for Ferrari for insurance in case Chivu is out for longer than expected

AFCG7

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
coloccini, top player, cheap and 22 years old.

I havent seen him much lately , but at Atletico Madrid early last season he was outstanding.. i'm surprised no one has even gone for him yet.

KingReyes

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
patrick42uk said:
coloccini, top player, cheap and 22 years old.

I havent seen him much lately , but at Atletico Madrid early last season he was outstanding.. i'm surprised no one has even gone for him yet.

Actually I read somewhere that Real may make a move since they lost out on Carvalho, also I think Liverpool were tempted.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom