• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Whos your cult hero?

Whos your cult hero?

• Ian Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony Adams

• Charlie George

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

famous no 10

Established Member
This thread is a little confusing...a cult hero by definition would be someone a little on the edge:
Steve Williams, Willie Young, Peter Storey, Nigel Winterburn...or very skillful but a bit strange:
Geordie Armstrong, Charlie Nicholas, George Graham, Alan Ball...

A HERO would be players like:
Henry, Wright, Adams, Bastin, Drake, James, Mclintock...etc etc...

But I think Adams, Wright and George would fit into all camps.

Just to add to the confusion.

Mark

Established Member
I think Ray Parlour is the typical cult hero. He really wasn't very good, but he covered every blade of grass on the pitch and always gave everything for the Arsenal cause. Arsenal through and through and remember his hair when it was long? :lol: Legend.

Allyboy

Established Member
At the start of the season after we had just beat Boro 5-3, there was a presentation of the gold trophey we got for going unbeaten the season before.

However, rather than watch this presentation, about half the North Bank Lower were chanting "OOO, AH, RAY PAR-LOUR!" as he was walking off the pitch.

Says it all really, I hope he plays on Saturday so I can chant it again :D

Sith_Gooner

Ian Wright -Wright - Wright !!!!

What a legend, no disrespect to Tony and Charlie, I met Charlie at the yellow away shirt kit launch, and he was nice, but I would love to meet Wrighty!!

His enthusiasm was unique and a pleasure to watch, if there was ever a guy who genuinely enjoyed scoring for Arsenal, then he was the man!!

Gutted the day he left, wish he could of played for us for ever!!

Gooner_IL

Has to be Sammy Nelson after the mooney at the Coventry game. Totally agree with Exiled about the defination of the word cult.

Canuck

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Well maybe I'll do an article on the front page to explain to the idiots that voted exactly what cult means - muppets.
That's a bit harsh on them Exiled, but I get what you're saying...

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Gooner_IL said:
Has to be Sammy Nelson after the mooney at the Coventry game. Totally agree with Exiled about the defination of the word cult.

Oh man how could I forget Sammy - I was there that night (although not near the front thank god!). What an absolute star.

Any more suggestions. I'll give it another day or so then work out a poll.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
tony adams is my choice. any man who could play through hangover has to have a huge heart. i love tony adams. sometimes when i walk down the street alone, i sing his name. tony adams = greatest arsenal players of all time.

Asterix

Established Member
Tony Woodcock and Vladimir whatsisname ... Petrov ??????

Martin Keown would have to make it for his reknowned beauty and his friendship with Ruud, and Brian Talbot shouldn't be forgotten either.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Petrovic - what a player. If the Yugoslav FA had let him join us at the start of the season rather than slap bang in the middle things could have been very very different - the guy was an absolute genius.

IBL

Established Member
Hows about that crazy little Argentinian called Nelson Vivas? I know he was at fault for the goal against Leeds that cost us the 98/99 championship, but he was a dirty sneaky little Argie who nibbled away at the opponents....and played some football on the odd occasion.

Spartan

exiled is right in what hes saying...i change mine to steve williams. proper nutter he was!! :p

RockyRocastle

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Well, if we're all changing, I'll change mine to John Jensen. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Good shout that.

He was absolute toss, but loads of people bought that t-shirt 'I was there when Jensen scored'. He was so bad he became liked. I remember seeing him in the NB bout five years ago, and loads of people stood up and clapped.

A good book about all this is 'Rebels for the Cause'. Its about nutters and characters who have played for us in the past.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 51-0358001

Allyboy

Established Member
Schwarz wanted to be the first footballer in space, he even got a clause in his Sunderland contract that he could be released from it should an opportunity to be an astronaught arised!

Ratinho

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
OneteaminLondon said:
Well, if we're all changing, I'll change mine to John Jensen. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Good shout that.

He was absolute toss, but loads of people bought that t-shirt 'I was there when Jensen scored'. He was so bad he became liked. I remember seeing him in the NB bout five years ago, and loads of people stood up and clapped.

A good book about all this is 'Rebels for the Cause'. Its about nutters and characters who have played for us in the past.

Next manager after Wenger tbh.

* smiles, but then is about 7% serious too

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom