• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why are we trying to be the new Bolton?

sabret00the

Established Member
We've been taking steps towards this for years. It started with playing off the front man and relying more on our midfielders to get goals and now we appear to have put an end to any charade of individuality and are litterally bypassing the middle-third of the pitch in favour of a long-ball over the top.

We seem to be thinking to ourself, oh it's OK, we'll fart around with the ball along the ground around the 18 yard box. Now don't get me wrong. I'm all for the occasional long ball, I used to cream over Reyes's all the time, but that was because he was picking someone out.

The barrage of long-balls we're seeing of late make no sense, they're Gerrard-esque hit and hope for a Hollywood ending. I'll be honest with you, I feel like we're barely playing football and as Bolton start playing more and more football, they're scoring more goals that belong in our locker.

Swish

Established Member
We only resort to long balls when we are desperate for something to happen. I've lost count of the number of times we are tied 0-0 in the 60th minute and then watch us play long ball after long ball for the following 30 minutes.

It is this teams Plan B. The problem is that we use it before Plan A has had a chance to work and we have no Plan C when Plan B hasn't worked the past 200 times we've tried it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
sabret00the said:
We've been taking steps towards this for years. It started with playing off the front man and relying more on our midfielders to get goals and now we appear to have put an end to any charade of individuality and are litterally bypassing the middle-third of the pitch in favour of a long-ball over the top.

We seem to be thinking to ourself, oh it's OK, we'll fart around with the ball along the ground around the 18 yard box. Now don't get me wrong. I'm all for the occasional long ball, I used to cream over Reyes's all the time, but that was because he was picking someone out.

The barrage of long-balls we're seeing of late make no sense, they're Gerrard-esque hit and hope for a Hollywood ending. I'll be honest with you, I feel like we're barely playing football and as Bolton start playing more and more football, they're scoring more goals that belong in our locker.

It's desperation mate allied with no clue as to how to get the ball around and behind a packed defence and get the ball into the danger areas.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because everyone has figured out how to beat Arsenal:

Generic Team: "Hey, how should we beat Arsenal?"

Any generic Manager:

"Defend with 10 behind the ball and lightly foul their players (if you're lucky one will get injured) then counter and score because Arsenal play with their defensive line 2/3rds of the way up the pitch. "

Generic team: "But what about their many talented attacking players, surely they'll score?"

Generic Manager:

"Don't worry Arsenal won't score because they can only pass in one touch triangles around the perimeter of the box, just foul them."

Generic Team: "But then they'll have a free kick in a dangerous position?!?"

Generic Manager: "hahahah don't be silly, Arsenal don't score from set pieces, they just concede from them!"

Generic Team: "hahahah oh yeah! But what about their world class captain Fabregas?"

Generic Manager: "Don't worry, he can't even pass properly any more, his head is at Barcelona"

Generic Team: "Wow I feel confident that we, the worst team in Kazakhstan can now beat Arsenal"

Worst team in Kazakhstan 1 : 0 Arsenal

Goal scorer - 6'3 Footballer that headed ball in because he was unmarked by the slow, weak and positionally inept Arsenal defenders

progman07

Established Member
We do play terribly boring football, we either pass around without purpose or hoof it to Chamakh/Bendtner.

We occasionally get a good game when the opposition is kind enough to leave huge spaces behind them.

I really miss the fast counter-attacks and brilliant through balls which get as rare nowadays as Wenger not blaming some outside factor for our losses.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Even last year we did play better football then this year, our football is going backwards.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
DanDare said:
Because everyone has figured out how to beat Arsenal:

Generic Team: "Hey, how should we beat Arsenal?"

Any generic Manager:

"Defend with 10 behind the ball and lightly foul our players (if you're lucky one will get injured) then counter and score because Arsenal play with their defensive line 2/3rds of the way up the pitch. "

Generic team: "But what about their many talented attacking players, surely they'll score?"

Generic Manager:

"Don't worry Arsenal won't score because they can only pass in one touch triangles around the perimeter of the box, just foul them."

Generic Team: "But then they'll have a free kick in a dangerous position?!?"

Generic Manager: "hahahah don't be silly, Arsenal don't score from set pieces, they just concede from them!"

Generic Team: "hahahah oh yeah! But what about their world class captain Fabregas?"

Generic Manager: "Don't worry, he can't even pass properly any more, his head is at Barcelona"

Generic Team: "Wow I feel confident that we, the worst team in Kazakhstan can now beat Arsenal"

Worst team in Kazakhstan 1 : 0 Arsenal

Goal scorer - 6'3 Footballer that headed ball in because he was unmarked by the slow, weak and positionally inept Arsenal defenders

Well I liked it mate. Perfectly summed up.

Although it's hardly fair to put us against that Kazakhstan team like that. We are still a team in transition you know. You wait 'till next season ... or is the next?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DanDare said:
Any generic Manager:

"Defend with 10 behind the ball and lightly foul our players (if you're lucky one will get injured) then counter and score because Arsenal play with their defensive line 2/3rds of the way up the pitch. "
Why would they foul their own players? You put so much effort into that little piece, only for it to fail in the details. Disappointing TBH.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AnthonyG said:
DanDare said:
Any generic Manager:

Why would they foul their own players? You put so much effort into that little piece, only for it to fail in the details. Disappointing TBH.

Whoops, meant their. It started of as a rant about our own team but then I decided to change the structure.

I guess proof reading is something I need to work on.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Right, so now we have established we're a team full of tippy tappy playmakers who pass the ball to death with no end product... but we're also long ball merchants. **** me this team has problems.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom