• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why blame Arsenal for England's problems!?!

Arnie

as the creater of this thread i'd just like to say, hahahaha, i support england but not when they give stick to Arsenal and the way we do things!!

guinertron

England's ills have nothing to do with Arsenal or any thing to do with overseas influence.
Its down to 45 years of a false belief that they were, and are the best nation on the face of the footballing earth. Ex manager and players banging the "Bulldog Spirit" while other nations developed the game to challenge England's notions. A ban from European Football did not help, but in that time England did not develop and evolve the game from grassroots up, if anything they regressed.

Not till Sky came in did the game re-invent. But still the FA and education authorities dithered and sold fields to supermarkets and stopped teachers from taking time to coach. The nation that not developing the national game while Europe and the world moved on was naive to say the least. Even now the press and "experts" belief that this "golden generation" are world betters is garbage. Nas the best manager in the past 30 years domestically been English? maybe Bobby Robson but... Ferguson, Wenger, Daglish and even Jose had something special over their English counterparts. They changed the game in this country with new ways of thinking and a playing style ahead of anything an English born boss could muster.
Then the player,s we can bang on about Johnny Foreigner coming over but they made the League attractive and still the FA did not take from the French Academies at Clairefontaine who during the lean years were developing names like Henry, Anelka, Zidane etc. The F.A's ill-fated Academy shows just how wrong English football has gotten it. Profit over long term development.

Englands failure is to lack vision, self belief and a bit of humility. England will not move on untill, players, ex players, manager, the FA all start realising that and stop with the false notion of "we are England"

Vision from the ground up is what made and changed our club. I'm sure Tony Adams is grateful that he decided to follow Arsène Wenger's new beliefs. If only the F.A were as brave as Arsenal's board were September 28, 1996.

long winded i know but.

Gooner T

And for anyone who tries to slate Wenger for not playing english players, tonight was a perfect example of why he doesnt do that... because they're ****in crap!!! a ha ha ha ha ha!!!

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
LOL, and don't forget kiddies - it is of the upmost importance to have an English manager too.

Someone who can instill that hunger, passion, determination and grit to make England succeed.

Fuking mugs.

Sven must be sitting there almost as smug as I was when I saw Gooner T again post-Henry ;)

marco

YuenBiaoFan said:
LOL, and don't forget kiddies - it is of the upmost importance to have an English manager too.

Someone who can instill that hunger, passion, determination and grit to make England succeed.

Fuking mugs.

Sven must be sitting there almost as smug as I was when I saw Gooner T again post-Henry ;)

haha- and england were sooo unlucky dont forget..lets not mention russia's perfectly good goal at wembley..
they were playing as a team...- they cant pass a football..they cant keep hold of a ball...

im proud none of that team plays for arsenal.. because fundamentally they are so technically ungifted its unreal

Long Time Gooner

guinertron said:
England's ills have nothing to do with Arsenal or any thing to do with overseas influence.
Its down to 45 years of a false belief that they were, and are the best nation on the face of the footballing earth. Ex manager and players banging the "Bulldog Spirit" while other nations developed the game to challenge England's notions.
It's a lot longer than 45 years.

England deluded themselves for quite a long time before their single trophy win on home soil.

They didn't enter the World Cup for a while because it was beneath them. Then they got turned over by USA. Still the delusions continued and then Hungary showed them how football should really be played.

It's a bit like Coventry City claiming that they are a great club based on a single FA Cup win.

Mind you it could be worse. Spain are even more proficient at under-achieviing.

Gooner T

YuenBiaoFan said:

Fuking mugs.

ha ha... you couldnt help yourself could ya!

-Shaun-

To be honest I don't know why people blame Arsenal for this. You look at some of our players; Francesc Fabregas and Adebayor for example.... you can't find world-class players that are English. Simple as. Even if there are some quality players, homegrown talent is far too expensive. I really do wish that England were more like France, how the French produce player after player I don't know. We should take a leaf out of their book.

It doesn't bother me at all to know that the majority of our players aren't English. The Premier League would be nothing without imports. You think of the League, and some of the great players playing in The Premier League.... do many English players cross your mind? No, didn't think so. It really annoys me when people are sniping about the nationality of our players, because it doesn't matter. I couldn't be happier about the current situation at Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom