• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why blame Arsenal for England's problems!?!

Gooner T

Its all about opinions i guess. Every person is gonna think differently about certain players and thats why its great to have discussion boards like this. The only thing that cant be disputed is facts.

Ronaldo scores and creates more goals than Rooney. Whether that makes him a better player or not is for everyone to decide for themselves.

I know what I think as this was the same thing I used to say when trying to explain to people that Henry was the best player in the world 2002-4, and not Ronaldinho, Nedved, Shevchenko etc.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Gooner T said:
Its all about opinions i guess. Every person is gonna think differently about certain players and thats why its great to have discussion boards like this. The only thing that cant be disputed is facts.

Ronaldo scores and creates more goals than Rooney. Whether that makes him a better player or not is for everyone to decide for themselves.

I know what I think as this was the same thing I used to say when trying to explain to people that Henry was the best player in the world 2002-4, and not Ronaldinho, Nedved, Shevchenko etc.

But Henry played for Arsenal, (in the premier league) and had never won the CL. He still hasn't. Apparantly, he went missing in the big games. If Henry played for Barca or Madrid doing the same things he would more recognisably be seen as the best player in the world at that time. But a lot of people don't really want to admit a gooner or at least a player in the English league as the best player in the world. I don't care anymore but it pissed me right off a few years ago.

cescthebest

Gurgen said:
The Rooney-Ronaldo debate is very simple for me. Even though I hate them both, I'd turn the TV on to watch one while I would turn the TV off so I wouldn't have to watch the other.

No prize for guessing which one is which.

Garbage, absolutely garbage, i will pay bucks of cash to see ronaldo play, he looks more of a goal threat than rooney, has better ball skills and posses incredible technique.

Why cant you english fans admit the beauty of ronaldo's game, it does not matter if he dives he is the second best player in the world.

Gooner T

Tony Montana said:
But Henry played for Arsenal, (in the premier league) and had never won the CL. He still hasn't. Apparantly, he went missing in the big games. If Henry played for Barca or Madrid doing the same things he would more recognisably be seen as the best player in the world at that time. But a lot of people don't really want to admit a gooner or at least a player in the English league as the best player in the world. I don't care anymore but it pissed me right off a few years ago.

It still pisses me off to this day, but i guess im just like that!
The sheer volume of goals that Henry scored/created during that period was so far ahead of anyone else on the planet playing at that level. That big game thing was always a load of bollocks to me. His goals record against the big teams proved that for me.

But im goin off topic now. I guess what i was tryin to say was that my justification for saying that Ronaldo is better than Rooney was the same as the Henry/Ronaldinho thing.... i.e. he just scores + assists so many more goals that he has to be the better player, for me.

Meatwad

yup with arsenal he's scored against the biggest teams in every major league except ac milan (never played them) and barca (played them once).

Glovegun

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
speaking about manutd players, this is what they think about our players. some of it is absolutely ridiculous

http://absolutelyunited.com/redcan/798/ ... irst-team/

I don't think that was overly unfair. Obviously there was a slight bias, but there are some that will always swing one way or the other - United fans will always pick Scholes, we would always pick Fabregas. Its quite interesting to see what other fans think of our players as well. In a year or so, you would see more of our players getting in the team. Atm fairly average players like Evra may edge it over Clichy, but only due to experience. By this time next year I expect Clichy to be widely accepted as the best left-back in the League. As quality United players like Scholes, Neville and Giggs fade away, and the likes of Fabregas, Sagna and Rosicky all improve, things will go a little more our way.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think the reason people don't rate our players is that our players has not gain enough reputation world wide or have set the world alight.

but the actual fact is they watch very little to none of our game and don't really know our players.

Zico

Established Member
Arsenal_Hleb, the reality is that our players are unknown or unproven in the Premiership. The only players who have a real track record in this league are Gilberto, Gallas, Toure and Fabregas. The other guys might be quality but they're young or relatively new imports who are yet to perform at the highest level on a weekly basis.

If asked to construct a starting 11 from Arsenal and United players, I would probably pick only Gilberto, Gallas, Fabregas, and van Persie from our own 11. The other 7 players would be Mancs, including Gary Neville who is a very underrated player.

burnsjed

Established Member
cescthebest said:
Gurgen said:
The Rooney-Ronaldo debate is very simple for me. Even though I hate them both, I'd turn the TV on to watch one while I would turn the TV off so I wouldn't have to watch the other.

No prize for guessing which one is which.

Garbage, absolutely garbage, i will pay bucks of cash to see ronaldo play, he looks more of a goal threat than rooney, has better ball skills and posses incredible technique.

Why cant you english fans admit the beauty of ronaldo's game, it does not matter if he dives he is the second best player in the world.

Unless he has been lying all these years, Gurgen (doesn't sound very English does it) is Dutch I believe.

True Gooner

Established Member
For the record Gooner T and Tony its far easier to disregard a list of player in the top 100 than to actually make one of your own - I mean Toure is way too low even behind Chelseas Alex wtf?

Tony Montana

Established Member
true gooner said:
For the record Gooner T and Tony its far easier to disregard a list of player in the top 100 than to actually make one of your own - I mean Toure is way too low even behind Chelseas Alex wtf?

I haven't disregarded it. In fact i've promoted that list.

banduan

Established Member
Had C***ley not left us for Chelsky he'd be up there among the top 20, at the very least. He was quality back then.

cescthebest

quincy42 said:
Arsenal_Hleb, the reality is that our players are unknown or unproven in the Premiership. The only players who have a real track record in this league are Gilberto, Gallas, Toure and Fabregas. The other guys might be quality but they're young or relatively new imports who are yet to perform at the highest level on a weekly basis.

If asked to construct a starting 11 from Arsenal and United players, I would probably pick only Gilberto, Gallas, Fabregas, and van Persie from our own 11. The other 7 players would be Mancs, including Gary Neville who is a very underrated player.

Nonsense.

Mostarac

Established Member
banduan said:
Had C***ley not left us for Chelsky he'd be up there among the top 20, at the very least. He was quality back then.

Suits that little greedy queer when he left us. Now Clichy is just as good and will be a better player.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

quincy42 said:

i would tend to agree with the first para. what we know is we have the talent but other people does not knows it.

in addition to your pick, i would take sagna over the useless neville, clichy over evra anyday, toure over rio, but not gallas over vidic. a tall-short pairing would be better. i would also take hleb/rosicky over giggs

Glovegun

Established Member
If you made a combined XI of the two teams, every position is very close to call. Hardly anyone would walk into the team, in fact, probably just Ronaldo and Rooney. All the other spots could swing either way, eg.

Ferdinand vs Toure?

Evra vs Clichy?

Scholes vs Fabregas?

At the current time, most of the United players edge it because by and large they are more experienced, and have that winning touch we havent quite got yet. United fans will always pick their homegrown lads, and we will do the same. I cant split Cesc and Scholes, so its more a personal preference. For example, do you prefer your CDM to be calm and assured, like Gilberto, or a busy terrier like Hargreaves? Horses for courses.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

seriously, the more i think about this, the more i feel that both teams have their own advantage.

its quite impossible to work out who is better than who.

for eg, you could say adebayor is better than rooney because his physical presence works very well with the others etc

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom