• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why did Paddy vote for Shevchenko?

jeromelee

I seriously don't understand why Paddy would vote for Shevchenko instead of Henry for the FIFA World Player of the Year award? :eek:

A

Anonymous

Voters were 157 international coaches and 140 international captains, something like that anyway.
How henry didnt win is a joke.

Aussie

Established Member
Henry scored the most goals. Henry created the most and Henry won the most trophies. He did deserve to win however when it comes down to it i dont think its that big a deal. The award has always been a joke.

157 international coaches. Bloody hell the Solomons Island coach probably voted. What the **** would he know. Just a popularity award IMO.

Vieira voting for Shev would have helped Henry out as well. Probably a smart move by him.

Olofski

Aussie said:
157 international coaches. Bloody hell the Solomons Island coach probably voted. What the f**k would he know. Just a popularity award IMO.

I´d assume he knows more about football than most people in this forum...

KingReyes

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Not even the greatest striker in the history of AC Milan voted for Shevchenko :p

Maybe he was scared Sheva would take his throne as Milan's greatest striker. Therfore he didn't vote for him. :wink:

Aussie

Established Member
Olofski said:
Aussie said:
157 international coaches. Bloody hell the Solomons Island coach probably voted. What the f**k would he know. Just a popularity award IMO.

I´d assume he knows more about football than most people in this forum...

It would be intresting to see what coaches and from what countries voted for who.

KingReyes

Established Member
Check the FIFA site guys I'm sure you could find the list from there. I think JazzG posted the link aswell in the main thread "Henry/Ronaldinho,Shevchenko on shortlist for FIFA world player" its called something like that anyways.

informed1

Now lets have a look at that list....I checked the caribbean islands because I know that the coaches are from south america and as I thought most of them voted for Ronaldinho. There is also a huge Manchester United and of course Real Madrid following as shown in the voting by the captains as well.

Guyana coach: Ronaldinho, ZZ,Nedved
captain: RVN,Ronaldinho,ZZ

Domonica Republic: Ronaldinho,Ronaldo,RVN
Captain: Ronaldinho,Ronaldo,Beckham

Cuba: Henry,Nedved,Ronaldinho
Captain: Ronaldinho,Kaka,Henry

Jamaica: Ronaldinho,Nedved,Henry
Captain:Henry,Nedved,Ronaldo

Puerto Rico: Ronaldinho,Figo, Raul
Captain: Ronaldinho, Owen, Raul

St Lucia: Ronaldinho, Henry, Maldini
Captain: Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo

Trinidad and Tobago: Henry, Ronaldinho,Zagorakis
Captain: Deco, Henry, Ronaldinho

You also have to remember that being so close to Brazil these islands know more about their football team and tend to support them in the world cup.

Soler

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
Kaladaze the Georgia captain who plays for Milan voted for three of his Milan team mates.

Surely that cant be aloud?

There's no rule against it.

DannyGooner1982

Yes obviously it is a biased award. Those first-places given to Ronaldinho from his pals had they been given to Henry might have given him 1st place.

Meanwhile Henry has no pals to give him votes. He has more of a mountain to climb.

Was so close though!

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom