• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why does everyone think we're skint?

Ratinho

Established Member
I think some people on here have a mythological view that Wenger doesn't want to spend money, in some sort of noble spirit towards grass roots football, or even stubborness. :roll:

In reality, if the money is available, he'll spend it. The very real possibility is that there is only a couple of million available, and he just can't find anyone who'd improve the squad for that price.

KoLo28

AfC_li4nGht said:
Have anyone thought of maybe wenger is trying to save the money to buy a world class player? possibly gerrard?

Very un-Wenger like, but could be a possibility.

Wenger is not a big risk-taker, he isn't going to spend any money until he's as sure as he can be that, that person will be a positive signing. I'm glad Wenger has this mentality and an Economics degree because with our limited funds we need to be clever in how we spend our money.

lewdikris

Established Member
You lot have really kidded yourself into this idea that Wenger doesn't like spending cash.

Bollocks.

It's purely to do with financial constraints over the stadium. In the summers up until the financing ran into difficulties the first time, Wenger was consistently spending 20+ million a year. 2001/2002 summer was a particular splurge - and also the low point of his transfer dealings.

Football has changed since then - consistent spending is down with only the big ****as (Chelsea and Utd), the underachieving ****as (Newcastle and Liverpool) and the wannabes (Birmingham) spending any cash at all. We haven't really needed to to sustain success - although if we'd spent more we might perhaps have achieved more success. But the price we could have paid for that - higher debts and no financing for the stadium, would have been too much.

arsenal98

On the spot lewdikris ! This is how I see it as well. We´re f**kin skint. We even needed to demand OTT for Edu who all know they can get free come summer so now we´re stuck with extras on the payroll....Nobody can guarantee that the promising players we sign turn out to be any good in the long run so at some stage we would need to sign some proven players or else it will be nice to have a team that might have difficulty qualifying for the Champions League with a new stadium ready. Who´s to say the underachieving and wannabe ****as might not get lucky at some stage ? Where are we then ? Top of the league I hope...

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom