• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why hasnt Carlos Vela made it?

viper_001

Established Member
Vela has too much class to even be compared to chumps like Bentley and Pennant. Watching him play through injury and make such an impact in the gold cup proved to me that he will make it here. All he needs is a chance, and he'll take it.

dyeruz

Established Member
Captain said:
Thought he looked decent. That one break where he didn't play the ball outside was a very poor decision but he was alright in his cameo.
He's a striker, he wants his goals, pretty tough when you're eager to impress and make your mark, I mean he's sometimes an unused sub..irony is if he did make the pass it would have looked favourably on his part..still its carling cup action for him I guess.

dyeruz

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
If Vela doesn't make it with us, it'll be for the same reason why Bentley, Reyes, Pennant, Aliadière and all the other rejects didn't make it with us: they are not good enough. We can talk about how Vela or Walcott or Wilshere have all the potential in the world, are destined to be world class, but fact is there's no shortages of 'talented' footballers out there and Vela is just one in a dozen. So if he's good enough, he'll make it with us, end of story.
Wow have you watched him? I mean the guy plays for his country and makes impacts, potential is judged on the age and what technical level you play at and whether with maturity and game time you can surpass that level, I don't think anyone who's seen Wilshere, Walcott or Vela can say they've peaked, room for improvement will mean they will get better, problem with fans now a days is the patience to wait for them to get to that higher level, players like Messi reach it sooner, players like Henry reach it later, and there's no better club..if you're patient to be able to achieve that than Arsenal

Zico

Established Member
It is very difficult to assess what will happen with guys like Vela and Wilshere. These are mouthwatering talents, but we have seen so many promising players fail to make the grade. I think it speaks volumes that Wenger does not play Vela much. He probably thinks he is not ready. This might be down to the fact that he needs to consistently control his weight and increase muscle mass and strength. Once he manages this, then he will be in better shape to manage the rigors of top flight football.

I think we as fans at Arsenal need to be able to relax with the kids. What I have seen of Vela is promising, but I don't much care about promise in a relatively inexperienced starting 11. Unless he is a once in a lifetime talent, let him come into the team slowly as he continues to develop and the team matures.

TomasCR

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
What a strange thread.
Was saying to myself the same exactly.

I mean, he has had quite a hard time lately, the injuries, international duties and all that. I guess that didn't help him either. And hey, let's not forget that the season has just started and the number of injuries will increase for sure!

Vela is certainly the player for the future, he just needs to settle down a little bit now. He's the very last of my worries to be honest with you, his time will come yet.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
I wish he had a right foot.....

That's why he runs around in circles.

When we had Vela, Arshavin, Eduardo and Cesc all firing away we looked very sexy ... first time in ages.

Vela is a good player and a big reason I didn't want Chamackh here. However, he would be great on the left, so maybe Chamackh would not have taken his place.

AW does seem a little reluctant to play him ... for whatever reason.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Wenger had a reluctance to play him last year because it was his first full season in England, and he was still getting used to the team and the league (even though he had top flight La Liga experience).. i think this season's inability to play him is pretty obvious, he's been injured.. since return from injury, he's been on the bench and one of the used subs in 2 of the 3 matches he has been in the squad for.. the other was Fulham, and we were protecting a slim 1-0 lead, so there was no way we were bringing a forward on late in the match

i think he'll get some time this year and hopefully he can establish himself as a true member of the first team

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom