• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why Reyes did not live to the hype....

Arsenal_FAN1983

MancunianGunner said:
Wenger will sell Henry in 2 years time just like he did with Vieira, because he probably realises the bad influence he is on the team. He's just waiting for walcott to mature.

Wishful thinking for a MANURE! supporter. :lol:;)

bobbydazzler

Uri said:
I also think that Reyes wouldnt have stayed even if Henry was gone. But I think that the relationship with Henry did bother him when he was here. The best example for that took place in Munich, at the end of the game, we had a FK for Left-leg, Reyes asked to take it, Henry angrily agreed, Reyes shot it up the goal, and I think Henry claped his hands after that, it was very not nice.
But anyway, he can go. As long as we're being well paid for that.

henry is a different person on the pitch then he is off it. there was an article on skysports.com where he mentions it. obviously henry would get annoyed on the pitch with reyes because the lad does **** near enough every game, but when reyes scores henry is always over there hugging him. Also in 2004 when we beat leeds 5-0, when henry scored a penalty he went and hugged reyes.

kamikaze80

Established Member
MancunianGunner said:
I think Henry is holding back the potential of Arsenal. The team would be more free flowing without Henry demanding the ball all the time.
hey, it's sabre in disguise ;)

i know what you mean, henry certainly has a lot of sway and influence at the club, and he gets away with a load of turnovers trying those flicks and 1-2's that never come off, but i think he's earned that right. that's just how sports teams work. and he's nowhere near as much of a diva as you make him out to be - afaik, he's pretty chilled out and prides himself on his chillness. he is an intense competitor on the pitch but dont mistake that for animosity towards a teammate.

MancunianGunner

RocktheCasbah said:
I think we know that you think Thierry is arrogant.

Why is he so universally respected then by the sports media, players and fans alike?

Outside of Manchester, of course...

Because of his obvious skills. I'm on about his behaviour on the pitch and not just his skill. I'm not criticizing his skills, only his behaviour and i dont think his behaviour was universally respected by everyone, they all did respect his decision to stay with arsenal who have been good to him, but i think it was more a selfish decision. He's not gonna get a team built around him in Barca, is he? there'll be more cameras on him staying in arsenal as captain.

MancunianGunner

kamikaze80 said:
MancunianGunner said:
I think Henry is holding back the potential of Arsenal. The team would be more free flowing without Henry demanding the ball all the time.
hey, it's sabre in disguise ;)

i know what you mean, henry certainly has a lot of sway and influence at the club, and he gets away with a load of turnovers trying those flicks and 1-2's that never come off, but i think he's earned that right. that's just how sports teams work. and he's nowhere near as much of a diva as you make him out to be - afaik, he's pretty chilled out and prides himself on his chillness. he is an intense competitor on the pitch but dont mistake that for animosity towards a teammate.

I do have to admit that the older he gets the better he is starting to behave, so he might prove me wrong in a few years.

MancunianGunner

and stop calling me a manure supporter. if any of you are true arsenal fans then you should know that that is one of the worst you can call an arsenal supporter. that and a Sp**s fan....chelsea's slowly getting there as well...especially if they win this year as well.

lijo47

I think he is going to stay this year with us because the move is not proceeding at all. I like him though and i seriously hope he can perform better for us

karl

If he's arrogant, then that's part of the confidence which enables him to score so many goals. With over 200 goals for the club I can hardly complain!

He's shown his loyalty to the club when he could have taken the easy route to medals at Barcelona and grab a shedload more cash.

MancunianGunner

I did like the loyalty, but how many would leave a team that was built around them and which has a decent chance of winning the league again, not to mention the champions league. But fair point we have a much better chance winning either with Henry in the team and it does seem like the arrogance is part of the package. Nobody is perfect, but that does not mean i should worship the guy. I just dont like his arrogant side and just leave it at that. I'm sure i would kiss the arrogants bastards feet if he scored the winning goal against chelsea and winning the league as a result.

gunnerturk

MancunianGunner said:
I did like the loyalty, but how many would leave a team that was built around them and which has a decent chance of winning the league again, not to mention the champions league. But fair point we have a much better chance winning either with Henry in the team and it does seem like the arrogance is part of the package. Nobody is perfect, but that does not mean i should worship the guy. I just dont like his arrogant side and just leave it at that. I'm sure i would kiss the arrogants bastards feet if he scored the winning goal against chelsea and winning the league as a result.
Fair point comrade :)
Love your avatar.

choi12911

MancunianGunner said:
Wenger will sell Henry in 2 years time just like he did with Vieira, because he probably realises the bad influence he is on the team. He's just waiting for walcott to mature.

Man. Our brightest youngsters sign for us because Henry is playing in our team. Walcott said so himself. Our fans, youngsters and players admire him because he performs on the pitch. He does things on the pitch that most players can only dream of. Like scoring a solo goal in Bernabeu after sprinting past 4 players. Henry gives us inspiration, extra confidence and stability. I don't know what you got against Thierry, but I can assure you he brings far more positive influence to our team than negative.

Gooner83

I feel sorry for the kid but how the **** does real expect to get him for 10m when we paid 10.5m plus bonuses.

Come on!

karl

They probably base the fee on his perfomance level for us. If we had paid £8m for him it would acceptable to let a 22 year old on a long contract go for what they offer.

dafish

well now that it seems Real finished ****ing around with us this season, reyes looks like he's staying. he's an idiot for even thinking Real would actually come buy him from us for serious amounts of money...

but i can't deny i'm somewhat glad he has stayed as he still has tons of potential for wenger to iron out and turn into real quality forward for us.

gh78

Trick said:
Couldnt settle in england & the premiership being too physical are the 2 main reasons imo.

If hes off, i wont miss him, cant stand the diving, regardless of how many free kicks he wins us. I hate cheating.

How can you say you hate cheating but support arsenal; think of all the players we have and have had:pires, Lehman ect.

Reyes just isn't a good player end of.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I hate cheating and I support Arsenal. See? It's that easy.

I don't like the fact that players like Pires and Reyes like/d to take a tumble but let's not get too silly here- they're hardly the only ones, are they?

MancunianGunner

its not cheating to fall when you are being tackled. you prevent getting injured if you prepare yourself to fall when tackled. we dont have any divers in the team. unlike many others in the italian league where diving is an art. Our players dont fall as if they have just been shot in a crappy b-film, they fall when tackled and then just get up. its up to the ref then to judge if the tackle was fair or not.

gh78

MancunianGunner said:
its not cheating to fall when you are being tackled. you prevent getting injured if you prepare yourself to fall when tackled. we dont have any divers in the team. unlike many others in the italian league where diving is an art.

thats just not true. you obviously have a pair of Arsen Wenger glasses.

MancunianGunner

gh78 said:
MancunianGunner said:
its not cheating to fall when you are being tackled. you prevent getting injured if you prepare yourself to fall when tackled. we dont have any divers in the team. unlike many others in the italian league where diving is an art.

thats just not true. you obviously have a pair of Arsen Wenger glasses.

well the man is right, our players do not dive, why risk injury from a silly tackle, when you can do a stuntman fall and get up quickly. an unfair challenge is unfair no matter how you fall. It is the refs job to decide if it is diving or not. Sometimes the players fall over then there were no tackles though they expected one, that is not diving in my book, that is miscalculation. and the very few dives that did occur, remember one last year with eboue if i'm not mistaken, he was actually told off by wenger.

9Reyes

To be honesley, I think Eboue dive more then Reyes...

It seems like Jose have to stay..
I think the main reason he want to leave is because of his family.. I dont really think Reyes wouldent mind to play at least one more season for arsenal..
So I think he could have a good season, if he stays..

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom