• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Pires get 100 goals for arsenal?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 1,078

Will Pires get 100 goals for arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Can Robert Pires reach 100 goals for Arsenal?

2000-2001 = 8 goals
2001-2002 = 13 goals
2002-2003 = 16 goals
2003-2004 = 19 goals
2004-2005 = 17 goals
2005-2006 = 0 goals
Total = 68 goals

If he gets 15 this season, it will make it 83 goals, then another season or so and he can get 100

KingReyes

Established Member
Would be nice but I just can't see it happening, firstly will he even be here next season and secondly can he keep up that amount of goals with him not playing regularly.

Double_H

Established Member
i would love to see him reach 100 goals
but if you think about it its hard for him he Needs 32 goals
and looking at his recent form :roll:

qs

Established Member
Depends what games he plays, put him in all the League cup games and maybe

Mark

Established Member
I don't think he'll do it. He will probably score a lot less goals now as he gets older anyway, and he will obviously play less. Would've been nice, but a little unrealistic.

Wenger14

Established Member
As much as I would like it, No, 32 goals will need at least 3 seasons at the rate Pires has scored in the last few seasons. But I doubt he is going to score regularly anymore, which means he'll need more than 3 seasons. And to be honest I don't see him at Arsenal for more than 2 more seasons.

Jkreffer

Established Member
If he was a couple of years younger then yes he probably would. Unless he does a Dennis though it seems very unlikely now. If he finishes on 80 then he has done a fantastic job.

koivu

No he will not...I see him leaving at the end of the year. Great player, if he stuck around another 3 seasons then maybe...but he'll still have a more than respectable total.

kamikaze80

Established Member
he might get another 32 in his career, but it wont be for arsenal, im afraid. koivu's right, pires will be gone after this season. his form has been dreadful so far, but here's hoping he can give us one last great season

Darius

I terribly agree with Jkreffer that he will be great enough if he ends up with more than 80 goals in our court. He is unbelievably fading so far this season.

btw: what do you mean by 'text language'?

invisibleman18

Established Member
text language is when u tlk like dis so dat ppl cnt undrstd wat u say.

agree with most that he wont be able to get there. i dont think he is going to play enough games, and if he did, i dont think he would score the goals. and he is probably in his last 1 or 2 seasons here anyway, and 32 goals in 2 seasons is probably unlikely at this stage in his career.

awesome achievement if he gets there. just out of interest, how many goals does ljungberg have? id imagine it would be pretty similar to pires but slightly less, how do you rate his chances of getting to 100?

Ratinho

Established Member
:lol:

He's on 68 and nearing the end of his Arsenal career. No, I don't think he'll get 100. :D

And it's nothing to do with his form or ability, it's just getting 50% of the goals he's got so far, at the end of his career here, in what? 1 season, maybe 2?? Nope.

MK5

Can't see how that would happen but at least it's gotta feel better to score like 75 than 99 like merson did :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom