• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

will reyes go to euro 2004?

patrick42uk

Established Member
i dont think he will. the spanish coach named a squad for their next friendly of 19 players, of which he said 17 are guranteed a place. that means there is only six places available. joaquin, guti, mista, salva, luque, gabri all arent in the 17 and all have a chance as they have been called up recently. reyes though hasnt received a call up since he moved here. it seems the move has set him back internationally. a major tournament always does a youngster's confidence good and i was hoping he would be there. will he be dissapointed at moving at a time he was breaking into the spanish squad? i hope not, and the premiership medal he will get should serve as a reminder of the positives of his move.

Mark

Established Member
If we win the league on Sunday I think Reyes will play the rest of our games, hopefully he will shine in these games, get himself a medal and get himself a place in Euro 2004. I also would like to see him involved.

The Mini

He'll at least go... they've not got that many choices for where he plays and he was an international regular before.

GlasgowGooner

He might go but he wont get a game unfortunately, on the left is Vicente, on the right is Exterberria and Torres/Raul up front, all postions where he can play so he might be subject to the odd sub apperance.

Jinn

Established Member
Yeah, he could definitely offer the Spanish team something. He still has the skills to carve defences apart, even if he hasn't clicked just yet with his Arsenal teammates.

Aussie

Established Member
Down the line sometime im sure he will play a major role in the spain national team as will he in the Arsenal team.

Sol man

Its not like spain will win it anyway. They are such flops on the internation scene it is unbelievable. For a team with so much talent spain should be up there with France and Portugal as the favourites but maybe that could also be the reason for their failure (In the World cup the went with Raul and Tristan when they should have played Morientes alonside Raul since it was a parnership that worked well with Real).

Soler

Established Member
Spain's problem is that they have players who do not want to represent Spain, but would rather represent Euskadi (Basque) or Catalonia.

Either way, the less players we have at Euro 2004 the better in my opinion.

KingReyes

Established Member
True, especially Reyes who can continue to settle in and prepare for next season. However if he does go I'll be happy for him.

Legend#1

Established Member
Reyes will go, won't get many chances though, but he's only 20

When him and Henry become the most feared strikeforce in Europe, he'll get his chance :wink:

weelip

hope he dont go....with that, he will have a better preparation for 04/05, he still needs to settle down....so the less matches he plays for other teams the better

bobbypires

Established Member
Iñaki Saez said yesterday that he has 16 players in his list. And there are 23 places. Reyes deserves one. Salva & Mista too. And Molina deserves a place. He's top class as Casillas and Cañizares.

Double_H

Established Member
Reyes never Been a Regular Spain (First Team)
He Only Played one intrenational Match

but he Have The Talent
jUts wait 4 the Guy
i neva Loved a New arsenal Player Like Reyes ..
and im sure im not the only one...Hell even my mates (Man u FANS ,LiverPoolFans)
Love him
intresting huh?

Reyes and Henry Next year :wink:

mood

Joaquin has dropped down to Spain's 4th right-midfielder. They say he's been playing absolutely HORRIBLE.

Soler

Established Member
mood said:
Joaquin has dropped down to Spain's 4th right-midfielder. They say he's been playing absolutely HORRIBLE.

bobbypires is a Betis fan - can you shed some light to this? :?:

bobbypires

Established Member
I don't see Joaquin as a great player. Betis have lots of hard-workers, and it's Joaquin the only one who gets the recognition. I say it again: he makes 5-6 great performances along the season. If Abramovich wants to pay € 25 mill, Betis would be very happy; they need some money.
Betis supporters are booing him. You can play bad one match, but 4 or 5 consecutive games are too much. I don't care if he leaves Betis in summer.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom