• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will reyes start on tuesday

grennan84

reyes should start on tuesday. its only the carling cup and he needs to play more football before he starts fore the first team

va_va_voom

I think so, Wenger's programme notes say he will definately play, but doesn't say whether from the start or as sub.

However, Wiltord said in the paper yesterday that he is fit to play and wanting to as well.

lewdikris

Established Member
I think it'll be Bentley and Reyes up front, which is mouthwatering.

It's odd that Sylv's said he's fit ... but Wenger's said he'll be out for another month. I guess he must be suffering from that nasty disease, the cold shoulder!

va_va_voom

Well he actually said that although his ankle can swell up at any time, he still wants to play.

I think he's probably trying to attract the interest of PSG or another "Big" French club.

Everyone has talked about Franny leaving with Reyes signing, but Sylvain will be first out the door in my opinion.

grennan84

reyes has 2 play on tuesday. i dont really like bentley so i would rather wiltord play with reyes if he is fit

satan_beckham

vin de guerre said:
Reyes will be in from the start. I wonder whether Cesc is fit to play?

cesc shouldnt play..we are 1 goal down and we need edu and parlour in the centre surely..think bentley will play since he rested against man city.

i dont really like bentley so i would rather wiltord play with reyes if he is fit

grennan84, stop baggin bentley...give him his chance.

anyway, wiltord knows his days at arsenal are numbered and said that he wants out. i say if he wants to stuff us around so we dont get a fee for him, i say we stuff him by not letting him play, especially when he is still not match fit and we are a goal down.

marhes26

I think the team should be

Stack
??? dunno who can play right back??(dont think Toure will play)
Clichy
Cygan
Keown
Edu
Vieira
Bentley
Wiltord
Reyes
Dr Quincy

To be honest i'm not feeling that confident that we will turn it round.Boro will want it more as thats all they have to play for now.here's hoping! :wink:

n_henry

I personally hope it's Reyes and Bentley up front... and Sylvain (if available) comes on later...

Hopefully Jose scores! 8)

Andrew

Reyes and Bentley should give us some creativity that we sorely lacked in our first Carling Cup game. Quincy just isn't good enough and if Wiltord is to play, please make him play on the right wing... Think he's still injured now as seems the case forever. Wonder if he'll ever play another game for us. :?

lewdikris

Established Member
Not sure what team will play tomorrow, at all, but it could well be:

Stacky

Lauren, Keown, Cygan, Clichy

Ray Vieira Cesc Edu

Reyes Bentley

Well, that's what i'd prefer to see anyways. I think Hoyte's still out, so it's a question of getting the best kids on the pitch, assuming Cesc is fit. I think that team can turn Boro over - and it would be nice to see Cesc, Bentley and Reyes together....

But the bench will be mostly real kids:

Holloway, Skulasson, Smith, Quincey, Simek ... or maybe Bobby. He was due to travel last week. Maybe it'll be Dennis. I dunno.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Andrew said:
Reyes and Bentley should give us some creativity that we sorely lacked in our first Carling Cup game. Quincy just isn't good enough

if you are basing the selection on the first leg against boro, quincy has every right to be there. i dont think bentley outshone him at all, and remeber that quincy is two years younger. To say quincy isnt good enough to me is admitting that bentley isnt good enough either.

Bentley started against Rotherham, West brom and boro and failed to impress in any of those three games but yet you havent written him off as 'not being good enough'. Quincy did well against rotherham, but not as well against boro but i think he has a good case for being ahead of bentley.

Gunner Ossie

patrick42uk

you took the words right out of my mouth and saved me the job of defending Bentley against the silly emotional (rather then rational) outbursts that fans sometimes make.

It is too early to judge any of our youngsters. Particularly as we have not really seen them play that often

If you follow the logic of those who say bently and quincy aint good enough, we would have got rid of henry after 8 games. :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom