• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will reyes start on tuesday

Arsenal (from): Stack, Holloway, Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Keown, Clichy, Cole, Vieira, Gilberto Silva, Edu, Parlour, Pires, Reyes, Bentley, Owusu-Abeyie, Thomas, Smith, Skulason, Papadopulos.

Thomas?...

Charlton havn't signed him?

can anyone tell me?... :shock:

hope he will stay...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Nope, he's gone.

Quincy is pacy and skillful, but needs to bulk up a bit. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He should be on the bench tomorrow, give him the last 20 when legs are tiring. I can't imagine Boro's pitch being up to much.

Mark

Established Member
i hope reyes starts upfront, him and bentley would be an interesting partnership, the problem is with left midfield though im not sure who else we can play there.

A

Anonymous

I think Reyes will play, but i dont really see the point.

He needs to get used to playing with Henry, Pires etc. Playing with Bently and Quincy isnt much use. It will be a cold wet night in Middlesbrough, the game really is meaningless for us, they will be up for it and i dont think it is the right environment to play him.

Let Quincy and Bentley start up front. If we win great, but if we lose we move on. Start Reyes at Wolves.

laolu

I think it will be

Stack
Toure Keown Cygan Clichy
Parlour Vieira Cesac Edu
Bentley Reyes

... basically lewd's team except Toure for Lauren

Mark

Established Member
id like if we could rest both lauren and toure, anyone know if hoyte is still injured?

A

Anonymous

Mark said:
id like if we could rest both lauren and toure, anyone know if hoyte is still injured?

He played a reserve game recently, but i dont think he will be quite ready to play in this type of game yet.

A

Anonymous

Id have Stack, Lauren/Toure, Keown, Cygan, Clichy, Parlour, Vieira, Edu/Gilberto, Bentley, Bergkamp and Reyes

Andrew

patrick42uk said:
Andrew said:
Reyes and Bentley should give us some creativity that we sorely lacked in our first Carling Cup game. Quincy just isn't good enough

if you are basing the selection on the first leg against boro, quincy has every right to be there. i dont think bentley outshone him at all, and remeber that quincy is two years younger. To say quincy isnt good enough to me is admitting that bentley isnt good enough either.

Bentley started against Rotherham, West brom and boro and failed to impress in any of those three games but yet you havent written him off as 'not being good enough'. Quincy did well against rotherham, but not as well against boro but i think he has a good case for being ahead of bentley.

Sorry, not good enough at the moment. I just can't see him getting anywhere with the defence that boro has. I think he has a long way to go yet and being only 17 he'll have plenty of time to impress. Bentley on the other hand, at 19, really has to show whether he can do the business or not in his prefered position. He has only played on the left wing in the Carling Cup hasn't he? Give him a go up front and we shall see if he really is the next DB or not.

arghhhh

laolu said:
I think it will be

Stack
Toure Keown Cygan Clichy
Parlour Vieira Cesac Edu
Bentley Reyes

... basically lewd's team except Toure for Lauren

mine is

stack
lauren keown cygan clichy
parlour vieira edu reyes
bergkamp bentley

WTjourno

'Galactico' is a spanish term, used in football over there.
It means a player that seems to be from 'another planet' because he is so much better than most players.
Real Madrid try to sign one 'Galactico' each year ie. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham.
Reyes and Torres are supposed to be the two Spanish 'Galacticos'.
Next year, it seems Real Madrid want Henry, Owen or Totti as their next one. Got no chance with Henry though!!

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom