• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will the real Kanu step forward.

Do you want Kanu at Highbury next Season?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leongsh

That article just sums up what we have known all along, Nwankwo Kanu needs a big kick up his arse.

When he is bothered to play and graft, he becomes a useful and effective player in the Arsenal team. When he isn't, you just want to throttle him. ARGGHH!! Totally exasperating! :x :roll: :?

I'll leave it to Arsène Wenger to make the decision. I just don't know :|

Suki

he has had a heart operation . no one whos had something like that can do the same work as another player who hasnt had an problems

Gunner Ossie

Suki

we cant keep using his heart op as an excuse for poor performances, because if that were the case we should all question whether he should be playing football at all. If he does not cost us an arm and a leg in wages there would be no reason not to keep him. I suppose it all depends on who (if anyone) else is available to replace him should he leave.

kNiteMare

he only performs this year because he wants contract extension. Maybe offering him 1 year contract at a time will help.

Adam

Established Member
Wages lowered, same effort as this year and he can be a vital squad player. His physical presence and ability to hold the ball up once Bergy is gone will be handy in closing some games.

Sammer

Established Member
I agree with Adam:

The performance has to be in due proportion to his salary. As far as I know, he is quite well-paid at the moment. So lowering his wages will equal the performance-salary rate to the right level.

Assuming that this is an option, I would really like him to stay.

matu

I really don't understand Kanu...he can be both good and dead at the same time....i feel Arsenal youngsters should be given more chance to prove themselves....but i feel he has a good potential that can be revived (but i don't know how).....

A

Anonymous

carry on delaying his contract talks if you want to get the best out of him in my opinion..the more you delay thhe contract talks, the more desperate will he be to perform better and prove a point..

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Get rid. He says there are other clubs 'knocking at his door', well he should bloody well let them in.

He's been a complete waste of space for three years and is only showing any desire now when he's after a new contract. Bomb him out. He's the kind of player we don't need at Arsenal.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
half of me agrees with EIN (get rid), half agrees with Knitemare (1 year contracts only)

he has been pretty useless for a while... so on that note, get rid of

he CAN be good when wants to be (in a contract year) - on that note, offer him 1 year contracts....

the problem with keeping him on is his huge friggin salary... i dont think he will accept making half of what he is making now (doesnt he make like $40k p/w?) if he WON'T accept that, then we should let those apparent other clubs knocking in and greet them with a smile

A

Anonymous

Id offer him a new contract definatly. He just brings that different dimension to our attack, and if we free him we are going to be short of stikers in the summer.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom