• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will we ever sign a decent defender?

BradySeven

I'm not one for criticising the manager at the drop of a hat but I wonder just how bad our defence has to get before he will actually go out and sign someone to replace Cygan. For all his knowledge of players around the world why is it he can't identify a defender who would improve our team, it can't be that hard to improve on Cygan, or Toure for that matter.

The only players he has brought into our defence are Toure and Lauren (both signed as midfielders) Campbell (signed on a free) and Senderos (signed as a youth) Every man and his dog knew Campbell was a great player and every big club around Europe wanted Senderos. (Lets not mention Stepanovs etc) Why can't our scouts find a solid £5m-£10m defender, there are plenty of decent players around Europe. Its unacceptable that we have £64m in the bank and a dodgy defence. Half of us have been saying it all summer but it was no surprise to hear that we were chasing another STRIKER on deadline day, lets hope Wenger wakes up in January. PLEASE SIGN AN ESTABLISHED CENTRAL DEFENDER! surely thats not too much to ask.

A

Anonymous

the thing that gets up people's goat is that no one was signed

that to me is bullshit. it was evident last year and particularly the way united beat us 3 times (FA CUP) we needed new blood

i am so angry right now, that i demand wenger to be sacked because i do not feel he can take us further.

i like to see a younger coach maybe paul le grun in charge

goooner

I don't think that we need a central defender couse we have world class player like Campbell and wery good CB Toure and there is Senderos as a great talented back-up.
About striker yes we need somebody who is experienced and who can play season or two in top condition, and then put RVP ar Quincy

OneProudGooner

Established Member
BradySeven said:
The only players he has brought into our defence are Toure and Lauren (both signed as midfielders) Campbell (signed on a free) and Senderos (signed as a youth) Every man and his dog knew Campbell IS a great player and every big club around Europe wanted Senderos.

invisibleman18

Established Member
as asa said, forever is a long time. im sure we will sign another decent defender at some point in thr future.
whether it will be this season, or under wenger is another question.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
We'll only sign a young talented defender probably but hopefully 19 or above, hopefully we'll let Cygan go next season and Sol will have a good season and will have a good consistent season and go to the World Cup and first choice Centre back.

AfC_li4nGht

By next summer if we still having the exactly or even thiner squad that should spell trouble for us... Toure injured campbell injured Senderos injured, can we turn to cygan...? :cry:

Toure & senderos are not exactly top class & Campbell is ageing. Something is wrong with current squad.
We need a decent/class defender, Center-midfielder, & striker.

Chivu.. nice try, but Roma is having transfer ban, can we sign him?

wer

The ban is lifted, I think. they got a few players into the squad isnt it.( A goalkeeper(Dimtrios Eleftheropoulos ), Moroccan midfielder Houssine Kharja on loan, Honduras winger Edgar Alvarez(loan), Nonda(free)).

OUT
Ferrari off to Everton(loan)and probably others.

skysports

satan_beckham

transfer window will only open in january.....and wenger refusal to sign a top player would only gives us a long fustrating season ahead...

cygan and toure, what were they doing yesterday???

MK5

Nobody else want Cygan. |Or at least don’t want to pay him anywhere near whatever we are paying him.
Cygan is quite happy to pick up a wage of however many thousand pounds a week he gets from us for just ruining a game now and again.
AW has never and will never force anyone out of the team no matter how poor they are.
AFC probably can't really afford to have 5 central defenders.

I think it’s as simple as that. So unfortunately I’m pretty sure we’ll be stuck with the Pascal for another couple of years.

A

Anonymous

wenger does not know what a good defender and a goalkeeper is

OneProudGooner

Established Member
AfC_li4nGht said:
By next summer if we still having the exactly or even thiner squad that should spell trouble for us... Toure injured campbell injured Senderos injured, can we turn to cygan...? :cry:

Toure & senderos are not exactly top class & Campbell is ageing. Something is wrong with current squad.
We need a decent/class defender, Center-midfielder, & striker.

Chivu.. nice try, but Roma is having transfer ban, can we sign him?

Campbell is 31 this month not exactly ageing quite yet...

A

Anonymous

Won't it hurt.. if Christialvlalv lalalal.. turns out to be a top defender.. and Arsenal spurned the chance.. passing it up to fulham.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom