• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will we have both Ashley and Clichy in 5 years?

Will we have both Cole and Clichy in 5 years time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arnie

Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy are two of the best left backs in the league wen one is out i have no problem the other will fill in. But can we keep them both in the next 5 years because there will always be one frustrated because the other has taken up the first team place.

dsurg

I didnt vote cos I was too scared to admit the truth...

The only way we can have both of them is if one moves up into midfield

kazu

yeah, cole's performance during euro2004 makes me feel that he's the best leftback in the world!

i like clichy too, hope wenger can turn him into a midfielder and keep both of them! :D

Mark

Established Member
Clichy will not be a LB unless Cole gets a bad injury or goes through some shockingly poor form. I hope Wenger can convert him into a midfielder or something so that we can have both because they're both great.

calvinngai88

What if Wenger trains Clichy to become right footed and put him at the right back in the future? But it seems unlikely with Hoyte pushing up for a first team place. Maybe a midfielder place sounds more realistic.

Arsene

cole will be sold i can gaurentee it. cole for becks swap with madrid anyone?

hmm shirt sales...

Andrew

I'm confident they both will be. Cole will remain at LB, while Clichy has too much talent to let him go. Plus, he's French, and most of our French players seem to last a while.

westo

I don't think that Clichy is strong enough to play in midfeild, if he doesn't bulk up enabling him play in midfeild he will be gone in about 3 years.

Arnie

Arsène said:

hmm shirt sales...

Wat are you talking about! Please tell me that was a crap joke.

Arnie

This idea of putting clichy in Midfield is excellent!!! Lets face it the brilliant Bobby is 30. Judging by most of your opinions about the boro that means Pires doesn't have too long either!!

A

Anonymous

hmm shirt sales...
:roll:
Cole is god, becks a ****.
Plus clichy wont replace cole because cole hasnt even reached his prime. Clichy is great though, would like him in midfield. As for not being strong enough, gilberto is a midfielder !!!

Mark

Established Member
Sigun said:
Clichy the replacment for bobby in the future.

If he is going to do that, he will have to score 15-20 goals a season. I don't think he is that kind of player. If he could bulk up a bit, which I think he will as he is still young then he could play a central defensive midfield role for us. That would be the best option. If he was taller, he'd make a great CB.

Sigun

we cant get a proved replacment for bobby unless we splash the cash, which we know is unlikely....

more likely one of Reyes, Van Persie or Clichy will be his replacment.

Mark

Established Member
I think Bentley could play LM. He would do pretty much the same as Pires does and play a free role, drifting centrally and cutting in on his favoured right foot. I know he hasn't looked too good on LM when played there, but I think with time he could be the ideal replacement for Pires.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom