• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL William Saliba (Loan)

Are you satisfied with how the Saliba situation has been handled?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

until he know he'll became part of team him and his agent won't sign new contract that's why i wanted him take the PL loan so he prove his worth the loan to France is bit useless he already played 3 seasons there.
Sounds like Arteta cannot promise him enough football here, and that obviously means that he do not think he is quite good enough yet to play week in week out. I would have preferred him to take a loan in England. It seems the player thought otherwise.

You have to wonder long term where we are headed here. I am sure he will keep doing well in Ligue 1, but what does that really mean for his future development as a player at Arsenal.

Time will tell.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like Arteta cannot promise him enough football here, and that obviously means that he do not think he is quite good enough yet to play week in week out. I would have preferred him to take a loan in England. It seems the player thought otherwise.

You have to wonder long term where we are headed here. I am sure he will keep doing well in Ligue 1, but what does that really mean for his future development as a player at Arsenal.

Time will tell.

Saliba has absolutely no reason to trust Arteta after what happened to him last year. That bridge is burned. He's going on loan to a club he trusts values him. Simple as that, imo.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Obviously Arteta is not going to put his career on the line, by starting a 20 year old CB in a brutal league like the Prem. Yes I'd like to see him play, but he's probably not ready to handle the pressure. And he needs game time.

Ofc I'd prefer sending him on loan to Newcastle, but maybe even smaller clubs can't guarantee minutes? For most bottom half PL clubs the stakes are too high to experiment with a young CB on loan.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Obviously Arteta is not going to put his career on the line, by starting a 20 year old CB in a brutal league like the Prem. Yes I'd like to see him play, but he's probably not ready to handle the pressure. And he needs game time.

Ofc I'd prefer sending him on loan to Newcastle, but maybe even smaller clubs can't guarantee minutes? For most bottom half PL clubs the stakes are too high to experiment with a young CB on loan.

Specially after putting his career on the line starting utter failures like Mustafi, Kolasinac or other Cedrics....Go figure!
On a related note, with all due respect, I tend to believe that Sampaoli is slightly better at evaluating talent than Mikel. That he spoke to Saliba and insisted for the player to join OM is very good sign. He will definitely progress under this manager. Saiba will have to prove himself for a starting role though, OM have 3 other CD's in their roster, Alvaro, Balerdi & Luan Peres.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Actually wish we hadn't signed Saliba. Been more hassle than worth. That summer of Pepe and Saliba actually set the club even further back.

Emery wanted Zaha and Maguire. He got 2 bums. Man never had a chance.

Every single season we go into it with problems. Özil problem. Xhaka problems. Is there no manager that can actually unite this team and create a good harmony.

Brenda Rodgers seems to do it. Klopp too. Don't hear anyone speaking out against Pep. Even Sean Dyche has everyone on side. Seems we just have problem after problem after problem with players.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Actually wish we hadn't signed Saliba. Been more hassle than worth. That summer of Pepe and Saliba actually set the club even further back.

Emery wanted Zaha and Maguire. He got 2 bums. Man never had a chance.

Every single season we go into it with problems. Özil problem. Xhaka problems. Is there no manager that can actually unite this team and create a good harmony.

Brenda Rodgers seems to do it. Klopp too. Don't hear anyone speaking out against Pep. Even Sean Dyche has everyone on side. Seems we just have problem after problem after problem with players.

Other teams have it a bit too I think, we just have the Arsenal ones amplified because of how closely we are following. Maddison fell out with Rogers. Sanchez and Pogba have been issues for United; Kepa for Chelsea. Lots of examples. We did seem to have an issue with squad harmony before January though when Edu shipped a bunch of them out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still chosen Marseille that's weak hopefully he have good loan but that's won't do him good it's another useless loan in league that he already played in i was wishing he go to PL club. anyway good there is no option and everything is sorted.

Moah

At last edu done something useful got don't think we'll get more than 2M loan fee here.
No he didn't get anything right. He may have gotten 2M but there is no contract renewed which means we will probably lose about 20M from this player when he leaves next summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No he didn't get anything right. He may have gotten 2M but there is no contract renewed which means we will probably lose about 20M from this player when he leaves next summer.
Saliba won't renew anything until he know he'll be part of this team that will likely decided next summer we may not have Arteta or Arteta may finally give him chance but at the moment edu done well to not include anything in this loan.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The hopeful part is that their is no option. Still a chance we see him in an Arsenal shirt one day but the no new contract part sounds rather ominous.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It would have been interesting to know what other clubs were in for him, I believe Newcastle was one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom