• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

This news today feels a bit like the final nail in the coffin of a summer that is becoming quickly humiliating. It's important to note that although we are, historically, a much bigger club than Sp**s and are still a bigger club than them (they haven't won a trophy in 11 years, we've won about 6 in that time); I almost feel resigned to defeat on this one.

It's not because they're better than us. It's not because it would be a good decision. It is simply because they will offer Saint Etienne and Saliba more money than we "can afford". It's the same situation with Malcom - we can't match/outspend Everton in the market and therefore, have conceded defeat. It's important to note that every single failing in the transfer market stems back to lack of investment. Stems back to the **** that is Stan Kroenke.

"Look at our defence, ffs" - Yes, it's a state. Why? Because we can't afford to bring in a new defender. Why? Stan Kroenke is the only owner in the Premier League to not invest a single £ of his own money.

"Look at our midfield. How did we let Aaron go?" Yes, it's seriously lacking in box to box options and wingers. Why? Because we can't afford to bring one in. 'Aul Stan's fault again, I'm afraid. No Zaha. No Malcom. How did we let Aaron go? Because we weren't willing to offer him a contract worthy of a player of his quality in the early stages - ended up temporarily turning the fans against him - and then watched as he sauntered off to a much better club for wages almost double what he probably would have accepted from us if we offered him a contract 1-2 years ago.

All the while, our fans continue to lap up and purchase the "peng" new kit and join the season ticket waiting list. 7 people including some obese Z-list celebrity (who is only there for attention) show up for an anti-Kroenke protest. This club is going in the wrong direction and barely any fans are pointing the finger at the man responsible and it's severely worrying.

Oh yeah, did I mention the most expensive tickets in Europe? For a team that can't outbid Everton and Sp**s? Get a ****ing grip, Arsenal.

StefanB

If we lose out on this deal after months of negotiating I'm gonna be fuming. Especially if it's to ****ing Tottenham!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Olley says it's based on the up front payment:

That wouldn't surprise me. I'll be honest considering the sheer lack of movement on Tierney maybe the club saw this coming.

If we let Sp**s get him because they're offering more up front and we don't spend the whole of our "45m" budget by the end of the window I will be fuming :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Is it just me or do Sp**s seem to slowly becoming the more likely club now if we compete for the same signature now unfortunately?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Do the club put up £10-15M up front, probably same as what Sp**s are offering or do we get a CB for now for £15M...

I'm inclined to go with the former, still a better option in the long run imo.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The scenes when Saliba signs for Sp**s they sell Danny Rose and sign Tierney.

We never wanted them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom