• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilshere Needs Discipline

Jameel46

Established Member
DaGunners said:
I just want the best for Wilshere. He needs to learn discipline now, or he will only become half the player he should be.

restricting and harnessing his creativity will make him half the player he could be. positional sense is important to become a solid, reliable player; creativity is required to become a great attacking player. so as an attacking player his creativity is more important than his positional sense.

DaGunners

Established Member
Why does his creativity have to be stifled by him learning some positional discipline?

sabret00the

Established Member
I don't think Wilshere will ever be out and out as good as Messi but I do think that he can offer us as much as Messi offers Barca.

sabret00the

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
DaGunners said:
I just want the best for Wilshere. He needs to learn discipline now, or he will only become half the player he should be.

restricting and harnessing his creativity will make him half the player he could be. positional sense is important to become a solid, reliable player; creativity is required to become a great attacking player. so as an attacking player his creativity is more important than his positional sense.
huh? When you get a boxer who is renowned for knocking people out with his right at amateur level, the first thing you do at professional level is tie his right hand and teach him to use his left. By forcing his to be more disciplined you increase his base level talent and ability.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Viking said:
I think he's 17, and I'm convinced Bould will 'mould' him in due time.
Agree. Jack is no Cesc at this age. But surely Jack will have a positioning sense will be better than Denilson's at 20.

DaGunners

Established Member
sabret00the said:
I don't think Wilshere will ever be out and out as good as Messi but I do think that he can offer us as much as Messi offers Barca.
One thing Wilshere already has over Messi is movement off the ball.

sabret00the

Established Member
DaGunners said:
sabret00the said:
One thing Wilshere already has over Messi is movement off the ball.
Wrong! Messi is more disciplined but also the main outlet of the team, he's often played ball to feet and it's his team mates that reap the rewards of this style of game. I'm not for it at Arsenal but Messi is great off the ball when given license.

DaGunners

Established Member
No way, Messi plays a very static game. I have not seen him create much space at all. He's a one-two merchant, something you despise Rosicky for.

sabret00the

Established Member
DaGunners said:
No way, Messi plays a very static game. I have not seen him create much space at all. He's a one-two merchant, something you despise Rosicky for.
apart from the fact that he can dribble and actually does, can shoot on target more than one in ten shots and makes the other players around him look better rather than using them to make himself look better.

DaGunners

Established Member
sabret00the said:
apart from the fact that he can dribble and actually does, can shoot on target more than one in ten shots and makes the other players around him look better rather than using them to make himself look better.
:lol:

Actually, I think a better comparison for Wilshere might be Iniesta.

32inchVerticalLeap

Established Member
DaGunners said:
sabret00the said:
:lol:

Actually, I think a better comparison for Wilshere might be Iniesta.

Yea id agree with this, they play similarly. Wilsheres a tad more talented though :wink:

banduan

Established Member
sabret00the said:
huh? When you get a boxer who is renowned for knocking people out with his right at amateur level, the first thing you do at professional level is tie his right hand and teach him to use his left. By forcing his to be more disciplined you increase his base level talent and ability.

aaaaah that would explain those one-legged Robin sightings.

Viking

DaGunners said:
Oh come on...

Jameel46

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Jameel46 said:
DaGunners said:

There's major difference in throwing a hand as hard as you can and a footballer's creativity. Plus working on your other hand in training is one thing but you won't tell him not to use his stronger hand in the fight now will you? so your comparison fails.

And if you were to compare it to a boxer then a boxer's footwork is what you should've compared to an attacking footballer's creativity.

You fail at so many things Sabre, :lol: .

qs

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
I wonder if Wilshere's future is at CM

I don't think so. He was good there the other night but his stature will always limit him in the middle. I think he'll end up in a Bergkamp style role. I think that suits him best.

DaGunners

Established Member
Completely agree with you QS that he shouldn't be playing CM, but for different reasons. Wilshere is a player who possess all the abilities (penetration/close control, vision, creativity) to be able to consistently make the difference for us in the final third. Playing him in CM would limit some of that IMO. And while theoretically he would be best in a #10 role, I would much rather he did it from wide, so that we could have 2 players up front to benefit from his creativity, not 1.

Imagine Vela and Theo up front for us in the future, with Wilshere playing them in.

progman07

Established Member
In the future Wilshere should be a right winger in 4-4-2, or a right AM in 4-2-3-1.

No need to push the players inside who can play on the wings, only if he is by far the best player in the team and we need to play him the ball as much as possible (which probably won't happen with the likes of Nasri, Cesc, JET, Frimpong, Lansbury sticking around).

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom