• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

With £30mil in the bank, who could replace Vieira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weakerthan

Perrota (Chievo) is young and already quite well-established. He needs to bulk up though but would be promising.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion we need to replace Vieira with someone with similar physical attributes.

Maniche, Alonso and Guttuso are all very small or weak. We need someone big, strong and powerful. Our game is based on having big powerful central midfield players. If replace PV with someone of similar bulid then we wouldny lose as much.

I really think Kolo is our best bet. He was brought into the club as the 'next Patrick Vieira' and I really think he could do a job there. If you would have said to me at the start of last season Kolo would be a CB I would have laughed at you, and look what happened. He is strong, fast and skillful. He is the man.

Then that would leave a huge hole at CB, where we are short on options as it is. Im sure £30 million could get us Ballack and Woodgate. Imo signing those two for PV would leave us in a stronger positon.

Jens

Ralph Woodgate Sol Ash

Freddie Kolo Ballack Pires

Reyes Henry

Doesnt look to bad to me that team. Then you would have the likes of Edu, Gilberto, Pennant, Van Persie, Cygan, Dennis, Parlour all ready to come in and cover a number of postions.

And then you still have Senderos, Cesc, Ali, Hoyte, Smith, Clichy etc etc.

Maybe we will still sign Trabelsi, and a couple more younger potential stars.

If PV leaves it will be a sad day, but by no means the end of Arsenal.

But its still all ifs and buts of course.

sienna

Well you could shift Toure to midfield I suppose but Toure has said that the centreback postion has always been his preferred position and why break up a great partnership between him and Sol? The defence should not be tinkered with.

lee1001

Established Member
If Kolo moved to CM, then potentialy we are disrupting both our defensive partnership of Sol and Kolo and our CM partnership of Vieira and edu/gilberto.

Too many changes to the spine of our team for my liking.

asajoseph

Established Member
Frankly, I don't think there's an available player out there who could do it. Perhaps the only option is to use the 30 million to buy two players to form a central midfield partnership...

Sammer

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Gattuso is too one diamensional. We need someone who could defend and attack in equal measure. Alonso and Gerrard stand out in that respect.

The perfect replacement is Michael Ballack. The best midfielder in the world; he score goals, he's strong, great technique. Ballack and Morientes in, Vieira out. I'm droooooling.... :D :D :D

I agree. Ballack is one of the few world class midfielders who combines defensive and attacking qualities - and he scores lots of goals.

Still, compared to Paddy, Paddy is stronger defensively, while Ballack is stronger in attacking.

Paddy cannot leave, because, we still would have to strengthen the squad in defensive midfield, even if Ballack would join.

CMS

ballack is an offensive midfield player, more the type of edu, or reyes or something like that..................

not vieria type at all, plus BALLACK SUCKS!!!!!!

if arsenal should get a german guy, then bastian schweinsteiger.......

that guy is an awesome talent...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Kaka and Tiago are both excellent players but their both too attack-minded to replace Vieira. I'm leaning towards Xabi Alonso....
Apart from Euro 2004 Ballack didn't have a very good season last year.

CMS

GoonerGurjit said:
Kaka and Tiago are both excellent players but their both too attack-minded to replace Vieira. I'm leaning towards Xabi Alonso....
Apart from Euro 2004 Ballack didn't have a very good season last year.

to be exact.....

bayern even wanted to get rid of him......

he played an horrible season and since he left leverkusen, he never played that great.....

he had some shining moments, but mostly he sucked.....

CMS

oh, and i ve watched almost every game of the german bundesliga, last season and the seasons before as well.................

i know enough about german players, more than many of u, i live in germany.......

just with the english premiere league, it s difficult to watch games, without pay tv.........here.....

CMS

well as i remember bayern wanted 20000000 €, when barca wanted to buy him, which would be may be 15000000 quid.......

CMS

...though ballack doesn't want to leave bayern munich......

he wants to fight for his place at bayern munich....and show everyone that he can do better.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom