• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczęsny

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerGH

Established Member
goalkeeper..sounds good.

Wenger doing it again...cant blame him, always scouting the globe for talent.

asajoseph

Established Member
Speaking of young goalkeepers, anyone got any idea whatsoever how Vito Mannone's getting on? Saw him briefly once, didn't look up to much, but he's still a kid obviously...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wojciech Szczesny say that fast three times in a row. That last name is as bad as some welsh citys

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
First of all we have to realise that what is the main purpose of signing him. Is he Lehmann's replacement? If so, why only a 3 year contract. Plus he's only 16 years old.

Artillero

TheHotshot said:
First of all we have to realise that what is the main purpose of signing him. Is he Lehmann's replacement? If so, why only a 3 year contract. Plus he's only 16 years old.

I dont think anyone expects him to replace Lehmann.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
There's like no point of signing him now. He'll suffer the same fate as Stuart Taylor and Graham Stack. But maybe he's something special you never know. I'm really sceptical about signing him. Why? Like I've mentioned from the above.

asajoseph

Established Member
Why?

For the same reason we sign young talent in every other position. It's really not that complicated...

longrufus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Speaking of young goalkeepers, anyone got any idea whatsoever how Vito Mannone's getting on? Saw him briefly once, didn't look up to much, but he's still a kid obviously...

Vito Mannone..
First thing that came to mind when i seen 'young goalkeeper'. Would be interesting to know how he's doing.

South_London_SW2

he obviously aint going to play in the 1st team but i love the way he is scouting the globe for talent.
ill have any youngster thats good please.like to go watch the reserves and see how they do. buying players like these are going to do no harm and isnt exactly going to break the bank and are not considerd 1st team.

Reyes(9)

We have Mannone and now this lad ? i know the deal is not yet confirmed but it will be ..I'm really happy to see Arsène buy in young players who there positions are very important like defenders and Keepers and i mean very hot prospects like:parisio and Now: this guy ..

BTW if he joined us and became an Arsenal player we must find him a nickname :D ..

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The name looks like a keyboard jam to me. :)
This Polish may add some competition onto Mannone and Howard.

Asterix

Established Member
His name probably isn't that hard to say - probably something like "Voy-check Seznee".

And I can't believe people still don't get the youth policy. It's far, far, far better to sign 20 16 year olds for a pittance each and have 3 of them make it, than it is to spend 50m on 4 senior players, particularly when it's likely only 3 of them will make it as well. Plenty of expensive signings don't work out.

The_Prince007

Asterix said:
And I can't believe people still don't get the youth policy. It's far, far, far better to sign 20 16 year olds for a pittance each and have 3 of them make it, than it is to spend 50m on 4 senior players, particularly when it's likely only 3 of them will make it as well. Plenty of expensive signings don't work out.

Exactly!! But i believe the youngsters on which wenger relies will come at their peak in 2-3 years time and they will be the best team in the world!! Anyway Wengerball has a Diploma in Business Administration and Bsc in Economics (I think!) and he knows well how to do business. Since he became manager he has bought every player at a bargain except for Reyes and Wiltord maybe...and its pretty absurd when we see the likes of torres or beckham being linked with us for 30m or whatever ridiculous price!! He won't buy them and THAT'S IT!! And there are still some people who want us to sign a Superstar!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom