• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

World Footballer Of The Year Shortlist

number_0

Established Member
I think we all know that Fifa is very anti-arsenal, especially about the part where arsenal is not a big club for henry to be playing in....

hope a 3 successive CL trophies will shut them up

Mark

Established Member
I can't believe the old Ronaldo is still in there. It's amazing what reputation can do for you.

Alfonso

Established Member
dos1986 said:
dos1986 said:
Alfonso said:
Watch Totti against Inter on Sat and Man Utd on Tue and then come back to me.

Will do...cant see him doing anything against United

Where was Totti yesterday Alf?

Another big game passed him by....

I didnt see the game, ao I cant comment. But he played good against Inter. But what did C.Ronaldo do today?

What did Cesc do in the last two games?

awooga83

Established Member
The list is a joke but then Uefa is the punchline so there's a surprise. I think they just look through thier 50 most famous players anthologys and dump in anyone who is there. There awards never reflect reality so nothing surprises me with them anymore.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Mark said:
I can't believe the old Ronaldo is still in there. It's amazing what reputation can do for you.

Thats how the football world goes man....Players like him have earnt that status winning major trophies and being internationally known, I agree its not fair but our players need to look at the likes of him and aim for that importance in the game

awooga83

Established Member
Yeah you say that but awards like this shouldn't be based on that as they lose credibility and I don't really care if Arsenal players in it as its abundently clear Uefa doesn't like to recognise the English league.

Tony Montana

Established Member
awooga83 said:
Yeah you say that but awards like this shouldn't be based on that as they lose credibility and I don't really care if Arsenal players in it as its abundently clear Uefa doesn't like to recognise the English league.

Exactly. I've been saying this for ages. The WPOTY is not a serious award. Will Ronaldo or Drogba be in the top 3? I highly doubt it.

Mark

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Mark said:

Thats how the football world goes man....Players like him have earnt that status winning major trophies and being internationally known, I agree its not fair but our players need to look at the likes of him and aim for that importance in the game

Obviously he's achieved enviable success over the years, but there are some who have done a lot better over the last year. Apart from a few tap-ins at the World Cup he's been a huge disappointment. As it's an award for player of the year, it should be the best performers of the year, otherwise you might as well put Pele and Maradonna up there as they also had great careers in the past.

number_0

Established Member
I see no one mention this....
kaka wins best player of the year(unsuprisingly)
and here is the world(joke) XI

Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/Juventus); Alessandro Nesta (Italy/AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy/Real Madrid), John Terry (England/Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/Barcelona). Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United), Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan), Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Brazil/Barcelona)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7030442.stm

True Gooner

Established Member
Cannavaro, Buffon, Ronaldinho....:roll:

Well atleast they have a sense of humout
Or their incredibly thick..one or both :lol::roll:

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Damn. The only chance Kolo has these days is if he bleached himself and straightened out his hair. Then change his name to Francesco Ricardo.

"Hes got Samba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^&^&"

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I'm waiting for next years list: The whole Arsenal squad. And I mean WHOLE, first team, reserves, youth even the ladies team yeah.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Here is the FIFA player of the year award nominees:
Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Nesta, Pirlo, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Thuram, Vieira, Ribery, Henry, Riquelme, Tevez, Messi, Juninho, Kaka, Ronaldihno, Lahm, Klose, Deco, C. Ronaldo, Marquez, Torres, Van Nistelrooy, Drogba, Essien, Eto`o, Čech.
This is that list where Modrić was a candidate, but didn't make the final shortlist. So I guess at least one Gunner was there also.

Cannavaro, Thuram, Henry, Marquez ??? WTF?

Where is Golden boot Totti? Cesc? Ibra? FFS!

USgoonergirl

Established Member
that list is an absolute joke, if the winner of the golden boot is not one of the top 30 in Europe than something is wrong with how they judge a player.

number_0

Established Member
Typical!
they pick players according to their names, and youtube popularity...
what did torres, marquez, teves, cannavaro, thuram and henry did last season?

at this rate Bojan and dos santos are gonna make the list before any arsenal player, AND WE ARE TOP OF THE TABLE FFS!!

True Gooner

Established Member
Ive long since maintained that the WPOTY is a load of rubbish...when Henry deserved to win he was ignored but when he shouldnt be there...:roll:
This should be called - "The Worlds most Famous players" or something..

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom