• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal striker ever

Worst Arsenal striker ever?

• Total voters

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
What happened in Vegas? I might have missed that story at the time.

Anyways, I agree with @Riou when he came in, our fans were hyping him up to be some CR7 regen with all those YouTube comps they were shoving down everyone’s throat and although it was a free transfer, it was easily one of the worst business we done in that period. He was a woeful baller and I’m being polite even saying that 😭 man should have stayed in Ligue 1 and saved himself the disappointment.
Nah he was good, Nasri's best ever form coincided with him being our focal point. Not sure who compared him to CR7 he was the polar opposite, never world class but the pivotal linkup player and extremely good in the air.

Don't know about Vegas exactly the story never really broke, from the sounds of it he was blackmailed with compromising photos with big batty gyal in a hotel.

Tom Mix

Others could have been on that list but has to be Park, the oddest signing we made in many years. One would have suspected a bung if it hadn't been in Wenger's time. Barely played even in the league cup.

Wreh was a poor striker but worked hard and scored a few spectacular goals, at least three of which were crucial to our 1998 double. Jeffers flopped but you could see why we signed him. Diawara was only with us on loan for a few weeks and kept hitting the post. Yaya was a good youth player who never made the grade at the top level, I was there when he scored four against Benfica though.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
As a starter it’s Lacazette. No striker has held Arsenal back as much as him.

As a squaddie it’s Yaya Sanogo. He was agent chaos before Nunez stole his whole flow.

It’s really harsh to put Park on the list because he barely played.

Melquiades

Jeffers was the most dissapointing considering how good he looked for Everton. However at least he managed to score a few goals.

Wreh was piss poor and used to miss so many sitters but at least he got a few goals.

Chu- Young was poor but at least got a goal in a cup game.

For pure lack of footballing ability and for looking out of their depth at this level it has to be between Diawara and Sanogo. Diawara gets my vote, the worst player I've seen play for Arsenal in my lifetime. Diawara not only failed to score a goal for us but PSG, Marseille, Blackburn and West Ham as well

Pretty much this.

Wreh made important contributions toward the 1998 double.

Jeffers was probably the most disappointing, but he still scored 8 goals from only 38 appearances and 13 starts, and scored 3 goals en route to the 2003 FA Cup win.

Chu-Young barely even existed. 6 minutes of EPL football.

Sanogo and Diawara combined for 1 goal in 35 appearances. Both were horrific. Diawara probably takes the cake because he cost 2.5 million in 1999 which equates to probably a 15 or 20 million transfer today. Sanogo was at least free.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I remember when Park came on as a late substitute in the 2nd leg v. AC Milan as we were chasing that 4th goal to go into extra time in 2012 CL knockout stage. He was just ghosting around and even though he was available to receive a ball, Song and RVP were obviously ignoring the pass to him.

It was surreal to see him ignored like that and I thunk that was his last ever performance.

So yeah, between Park and Sanogo I choose Park.

VancouverCanuck

It's pointless to say who is the worst. JET can be considered the worst since he's done jack sh*t.

Sanogo at least scored in the CL.

I think it's better who is the most disappointing. I would put Laca right up there. Even though he had a couple of decent seasons, for the amount of money we spent on him, we should have done a lot better. Didn't Mane, Salah cost way less? I haven't got a chance to look it up.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Not sure if he is Arsenal's worst ever striker. Was gobsmacked when it was announced that we had signed Chris Kiwomya from Ipswich Town. Didn't see that one coming, one of George Graham's last signings as Arsenal manager. Not sure what the transfer fee was offhand.
We also signed John Hartson from Luton Town around the same time. Think he cost £5,000,000? Think that at the time, he was the highest transfer for a teenager? I thought John was good, offered something different.

Screenshot_20230203-013854.png

Plutarch

Wreh was a poor striker but worked hard and scored a few spectacular goals, at least three of which were crucial to our 1998 double.
I really can't remember Wreh scoring a spectacular goal. Maybe I've blanked it out. I do remember him hitting the post when it seemed easier to score. He was an awful striker.

Tom Mix

I really can't remember Wreh scoring a spectacular goal. Maybe I've blanked it out. I do remember him hitting the post when it seemed easier to score. He was an awful striker.

Just checked. I remembered his semi-final winner against Wolves but he also scored the winner - only goals - in two league games in our winning run that year. No Wreh, we lose the league by a point and we need a replayed semi-final.

As I said a poor striker but he has his brief moment in the sun.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Jeffers and Park didn't get many minutes. So it's a bit unfair to judge them. The rumour with Park is that he missled Arsenal about his military service and consequently Wenger didn't play him. Jeffers was up against Prime Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Kanu so no wonder he didn't get starts

My vote was for Sanogo who barely looked a footballer. But he did come in for 2014 cup final and did well against Bayern, so there is that

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom